Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

10 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

You do know teachers are still working, right? 

Did a teacher sleep with your wife or something?

As a teacher, I've also worked full time since the start of the virus. 50% of my days are in school, and 50% of them I'm working from home. During school hours, I'm working with groups of up to 15 children, without any protection. That's alright for me though - I'm young, and probably fairly virus proof.

I think "guaranteeing safety" obviously isn't possible, and probably shouldn't be taken literally. However, there also needs to be reasonable measures in place to make sure there's an adequate level of safety - just as all employers have had to do. I actually think the current measures that my school have in place for return probably does have an adequate level of safety (though that is thanks to my school, NOT from the unhelp information from the Government), as it currently stands. However, if the Government want all children to return, then I don't see how it's possible to do so and maintain a reasonably safe environment.

People saying that it's just "teachers feeling special" is just odd. Is the reason hairdressers aren't open because they're being precious fairies as well?

Edit: Oh, I'd like to add that I also voluntarily worked through my holidays (for free) so I could help look after the children of key workers. But yeah, precious, lazy teachers, and all that jazz.

I don't think teachers are lazy, nor special. But safety cannot be guaranteed (if it does mean it literally) for any of us. All we can do is put measures in place to try and reduce the risk.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Would love it if you could point me in the direction of that thread. When you find it, let me and most of the posters on this thread know, cheers. 

Ive just seen its gone, why.?

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Which got moved into here :whistle:

Yes just noticed,  my question is why.

I think the schools decision is too early. We aren't allowed to gather in groups now, yet they're allowing groups of young kids with little understanding of social distancing to be brought together in enclosed spaces. 

• Like 1

The choreography occurring here could be interesting.

Yesterday - give out the initial message and then come in last night with new revelations after Practically all of the Cabinet support the message.

Now - despite the claim there are two further “sightings” BJ has felt necessary to represent his govt in the presser and has defended the message.

Can you imagine tonight - video evidence supporting the Barnard Castle visit and/ or the 19 April excursion back to Durham comes to light.  Surely the Press have something more than hearsay - if so, both of them are toast.

Let’s see.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is that essential? Surely the driver should be sacked immediately?

Unless he was on route to ensure his young child was looked after of course:ph34r:

If that’s his job he can’t do it from home can he

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I think the schools decision is too early. We aren't allowed to gather in groups now, yet they're allowing groups of young kids with little understanding of social distancing to be brought together in enclosed spaces. 

My 6 year old is SEN in need of constant comforting from his fantastic teacher. He is terrified of the virus. We'll be keeping him home I'm pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is that essential? Surely the driver should be sacked immediately?

Unless he was on route to ensure his young child was looked after of course:ph34r:

It not sure that’s a young child he has with him...

Has a Prime Minister ever stood in front of the nation and lost such credibility in one go?

He’s screwed up from start to finish and if you can’t see that then you never will and are most likely letting political allegiance cloud your judgement. Johnson needs to go now - genuinely don’t think anyone could do a worse job even stepping in mid-pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think teachers are lazy, nor special. But safety cannot be guaranteed (if it does mean it literally) for any of us. All we can do is put measures in place to try and reduce the risk.

No, and I agree with that. I think it would be unreasonable and impossible to ask for guaranteed safety. But I think there needs to be discussion around what's a "sensible" level of risk.

It has to be a balancing act. Obviously the Unions are going to say one thing, the Government will say the opposite, and then something in the middle will eventually be agreed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

That's literally the only bit you needed to post.

Cheers for getting back to work. 

I've not stopped work. 'Getting back' would imply that work has ceased at some point. But you're welcome. :) 

If you need anything else clearing up for you, then let me know.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

The choreography occurring here could be interesting.

Yesterday - give out the initial message and then come in last night with new revelations after Practically all of the Cabinet support the message.

Now - despite the claim there are two further “sightings” BJ has felt necessary to represent his govt in the presser and has defended the message.

Can you imagine tonight - video evidence supporting the Barnard Castle visit and/ or the 19 April excursion back to Durham comes to light.  Surely the Press have something more than hearsay - if so, both of them are toast.

Let’s see.

Phone records all the way up the A1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Has a Prime Minister ever stood in front of the nation and lost such credibility in one go?

He’s screwed up from start to finish and if you can’t see that then you never will and are most likely letting political allegiance cloud your judgement. Johnson needs to go now - genuinely don’t think anyone could do a worse job even stepping in mid-pandemic.

Ive voted Conservative in 4 of the 5 elections ive been able to vote in. So not an allegiance as such, but i generally tend towards Conservative ideology. 

This bunch of charlatans in cabinet headed by this absolute buffoon are a total disgrace. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

I've not stopped work. 'Getting back' would imply that work has ceased at some point. But you're welcome. :) 

Was more of a general thanking of teachers, rather than specifically you.

Now all we need is for all the decent hardworking teachers you know to infect the shitshow that my brother is dealing with and we're all set. :D

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Not sure what the mods are up to here? If we are not supposed to talk politics in here, why was the sperate thread devoted to the current covid related political row deleted?

Cummings was being discussed in both topics at the same time, was pointless having both

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

9 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I wish you were my daughter's teacher, she's 13 and we've really struggled to get any work for her from the school. Mind you her Home Ec teacher is pretty good,, he's made videos for them to follow. It's just a shame it's meant we've needed to go shopping more often than we would have! 

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Like 1