Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

28 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I've never read the rules about VAR.  Can those who are in control of VAR contact the ref if they think it could be a pen or does the ref have to ask for VAR to review it.

VAR looks at everything and if it thinks it needs a review they hit a button, informs the ref and then look at it. 

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
27 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I've never read the rules about VAR.  Can those who are in control of VAR contact the ref if they think it could be a pen or does the ref have to ask for VAR to review it.

I think the ref just carries on as normal and VAR supposedly have a look at each major incident, goals, fouls etc and then advise the ref if they think he got it wrong. I’m not 100% though.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

VAR looks at everything and if it thinks it needs a review they hit a button, informs the ref and then look at it. 

Seems odd they didn't inform the ref about the penalty then.  I can understand why the ref didn't give the pen in real time, and I still think its a decision that could go either way, I think he flicked his fingers out intentionally, but VAR not informing the ref to have another looks seems odd.

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Seems odd they didn't inform the ref about the penalty then.  I can understand why the ref didn't give the pen in real time, and I still think its a decision that could go either way, I think he flicked his fingers out intentionally, but VAR not informing the ref to have another looks seems odd.

The fact that there are differences of opinion on here means it wasn’t a clear and obvious error not to award it and it’s no surprise they didn’t deem it worthy of any intervention whilst they examined it further.  Had mason given it then they would have to look at the decision in more detail and they wouldn’t have reversed it cos it wasn’t a clear and obvious error to give it. Hence, the on field ref decision remains the most important part of the game but as we saw at villa park, they still screw up 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I was confused as to why it wasn't reviewed, given they review so much. Maybe would've been harsh to give but worthy of a review.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Madders?

vards, yes but madders ?  What easy chance did he have ?

Vards didn't take his chance but he shot hard and low......sometimesthey go in, sometimes they don't. But l don't think l have seen a ball4 as perfect as that which set up Harvey's chance. The timing, weight and direction of pass were exquisite. He's a complete forward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

I think the ref just carries on as normal and VAR supposedly have a look at each major incident, goals, fouls etc and then advise the ref if they think he got it wrong. I’m not 100% though.

Goals

penalties//non penalties

red cards ( or what should be a red card) 

mistaken identity 

nothing else ..... doesn’t get involved in anything else, irrelevant of being a bad call by the ref, unless it is related to the  afore mentioned situations where var becomes relevant 

So you see that unless the ref makes a decision to award a pen, the bar for var to intervene is high ..... the men in Stockley park clearly felt it wasn’t a cast iron handball so didn’t request mason to hold play whilst they looked more closely. They would have looked at a couple of replays as the game paused naturally due to the injury 

Good performance from the lads, only poor finishing prevented us from claiming all 3 points. 

Not having a lot of luck with these handball decisions are we? 😕

My mate, of many years (lifelong Chelsea fan) had a right argument in the away with a few of their supporters. 

When Chilwell put us 2-1 up, a few dickheads started doing helicopter impressions and singing some offensive song. 

He went up to them, on his own, and called them F&£7ing disgrace and pointed out about the Mathew Harding tragedy, when Chelsea FC suffered probably their own darkness moment.

Nearly came to blows, but fair play to him👍💙

• Like 2

Barnes' goal is worth a mention for the very long build up to it - I think the ball went back to  Schmeichel twice before the cutting edge passes were found. It worked well today, but it was  similar build ups we were caught out v L'pool &Man city. laying against high pressing teams, I'd like to see a longer ball played more often.

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Good performance from the lads, only poor finishing prevented us from claiming all 3 points. 

My mate, of many years (lifelong Chelsea fan) had a right argument in the away with a few of their supporters. 

When Chilwell put us 2-1 up, a few dickheads started doing helicopter impressions and singing some offensive song. 

He went up to them, on his own, and called them F&£7ing disgrace and pointed out about the Mathew Harding tragedy, when Chelsea FC suffered probably their own darkness moment.

Thank him for us

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Chelsea have more than their fair share of nobheads 

Got to say Chelsea look a shadow of what they used to be. Should have beaten them was enough chances there, of course we can't forget the incident at the end but we all know VAR never works for us. Perez looked a different player yesterday, he was fantastic and want more of them same like that from him. 

Evans chance wasn't as easy as it looks. He was body checked by the defender trying to get past him. Which meant he wasn't properly set when the Ball came at him.

Which in turn meant he couldn't get it on target. Small margins but the defender just done enough to put him off, Otherwise it was an easy header.

I'm just driving up the M1 and had a moment -did Chillwell actually score with his right foot ? If so that must be a first .

Interesting yesterday a long VAR rewiew whilst play carried on Man City v TH.What would have happened if either side had scored during the VAR review that would have been interesting

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

I'm just driving up the M1 and had a moment -did Chillwell actually score with his right foot ? If so that must be a first .

Interesting yesterday a long VAR rewiew whilst play carried on Man City v TH.What would have happened if either side had scored during the VAR review that would have been interesting

The same thing crossed my mind regarding the VAR issue. Also what happens if a horrendous tackle deserves a red card ? I assume a card would be shown ? So l guess a goal would be given. It's a strange one 

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

The same thing crossed my mind regarding the VAR issue. Also what happens if a horrendous tackle deserves a red card ? I assume a card would be shown ? So l guess a goal would be given. It's a strange one 

No goal would stand but I believe a red card offence would still stand - not 100% sure......this is the reason why a referee blows for a second yellow, even if there is an advantage. To avoid an incident occurring where, for example, the player being dismissed, scores or prevents a goal.  This is where the officials screwed up yesterday ....IFAB protocol says that the game should be stopped as soon as the ball enters a neutral area of the pitch, if  the VAR thinks an incident needs reviewing  ....