Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I watched MOTD again just now. The only clear shot of ball hitting the hand is the 3rd replay they show. Sadly, I couldn't get the action to pause at the critical moment, which clearly shows which hand is struck, but hopefully someone cleverer than me will be able to screenshot it well enough.

I don't want to get personal about this, but I am baffled how someone can argue that black is white. I believe it is known as gaslighting.

It hits his right hand as he puts it across his back. 

Hopefully the below link works.

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I thought Mount had dived for the freekick which lead to their equaliser, after watching MOTD the replays have confirmed it.

No doubt at all but diving for free kicks is so commonplace now that it is hardly worth a mention.  It even seems to be admired as ‘professionalism’ in some quarters.  We are not exactly innocent either.

1 minute ago, CUJimmy said:

No doubt at all but diving for free kicks is so commonplace now that it is hardly worth a mention.  It even seems to be admired as ‘professionalism’ in some quarters.  We are not exactly innocent either.

Maddison does it 4/5 times a game at least just outside the box, and Shinji did it both to break up play and earn us freekicks for Mahrez at every opportunity before him.  It was and is intrinsic to some of our tactics.

I thought it was similar game to the match at the Bridge, they was the better side in the first 20, then we slowly got on top.

I thought Iheanacho should of started, Vards definitely isn’t fit and it’s been showing for a while, again after coming off he is now suffering with his groin, I think Brendan needs to be more careful in bringing players back to soon, this is Ndidi and Vardy now.

One rant I’m going to make is the low Sun, in my fooking eyes for 90 minutes, I have now got carpal wrist syndrome having to cover my eyes with my hand. :D

1 hour ago, CUJimmy said:

Which unfortunately all adds up to referees and refereeing being generally terrible.

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Which unfortunately all adds up to referees and refereeing being generally terrible.

Yes but with the speed of the game now it is not easy.  What happened to the review panel that looked at simulation and issued retrospective bans?  Did that disappear because VAR should spot them?  If so it needs to come back and be made up exclusively of past players.  A panel of a dozen or so from all leagues would allow them to pick three for each review that don’t have a dog in the fight.  First offence in a 12 month period 1 game ban, second offence 3 games, third offence 5 games.  Beyond that you can make it what you like because I am 100% certain it would never get that far.

I have always hated zonal marking you can end up with a complete disparity with a 5 foot 9 inch player trying to mark a 6 foot 5 inch player. IMO we are not a tall enough side to work ZM properly. We would do better to do it tallest marking tallest (man to man) the old way!

Our zonal marking was shocking today against Rudiger.

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness I thought Barnes was very good defensively imo, I distinctly remember one crucial interception in particular (although his back pass was dodgy straight afterward).

Don’t get me wrong thought Barnes had a brilliant game, just think it’s something Rogers could implement down that left side. 

52 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I have always hated zonal marking you can end up with a complete disparity with a 5 foot 9 inch player trying to mark a 6 foot 5 inch player. IMO we are not a tall enough side to work ZM properly. We would do better to do it tallest marking tallest (man to man) the old way!

Our zonal marking was shocking today against Rudiger.

I expect the plan Pre match was for wilf to take Rudiger ..... 

Such a weird match.

We played both badly and brilliantly. Characterised really by the Chilwell goal. Brainless cross to no one, scuffed cross by Tielemans and then a good finish by Chilwell.

Likewise with Barnes. He was brilliant, but scores with a heavy deflection and misses two simple chances.

I guess the positive is the room for growth. The errors and weaknesses yesterday should, in theory, be ironed out as these young players progress.

Schmeichel - again. Has a greater fear of crosses than the average vampire.

Choudhury, played well but shocking work (or lack of) for both their goals, and I'm pretty sure from the post-match comments Brendan will have told him so. Ndidi plays that game, we win comfortably.

Thought Evans was imperious again, and Ricardo, Barnes and Perez were excellent, the rest so-so

21 hours ago, Messi said:

That is never a penalty in a million years! You are taught as a kid to put your arms behind your back when defending a cross. 

They’d be outrage if that was given against us. 

This, I'd be amazed if he was trying to benefit from tucking his arms into his back. Slow motion replays always give the idea that the defender has time to think about this but it was definitely not a penalty

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This, I'd be amazed if he was trying to benefit from tucking his arms into his back. Slow motion replays always give the idea that the defender has time to think about this but it was definitely not a penalty

.. are you saying because he has his hand behind his back negates the foul!!