Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

Couple weeks to go but just seen Mike Dean is the ref for this game. 

What controversies can we anticipate? 

Can we also avoid another 4-3 here please?! 

No love lost between us 2 sides either :ph34r:.

4-3-3 again? 

Schmeichel 

Pereira 

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi (should be back?!) 

Tielemans (or Praet?) 

Maddison

Perez 

Vardy

Barnes 

Standard squad. Wolves are beatable but could be one of our toughest games this season. 

Torn on whether we should match them up and go 3-4-1-2 or stick to our usual formation of 4-1-4-1. The home game vs these was horrible but they make it difficult and I don't want them to easily do a number on us, so if that means we have to fight fire with fire for 60-70 mins then so be it.

Could definitely see a back 3 with Fuchs in to potentially help Chilwell against Traore. I would stick to our best team though, and make them worry about us. 

Got the makings of a decent game, we can there definitely but I think they're pretty much everything we don't like playing against. 

Will go for a draw, which I would be happy to take.

Wolves are one of the worst teams for us to play because they are the best counter attacking team in the league. Our style plays perfectly into theirs. Against Man United, both teams cancelled each other out because both play on the break, but because we are a proactive team, we will leave lots of space in behind which they can easily take advantage of. That said, we aren't 3rd through luck and have the firepower to beat them.

At the start of the season we played really passively against them which led to the 0-0 where we never really tried to get going. This time round I think we will take the game to them, and that will make it an exciting game all round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Couple weeks to go but just seen Mike Dean is the ref for this game. 

What controversies can we anticipate? 

Can we also avoid another 4-3 here please?! 

No love lost between us 2 sides either :ph34r:.

4-3-3 again? 

Schmeichel 

Pereira 

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi (should be back?!) 

Tielemans (or Praet?) 

Maddison

Perez 

Vardy

Barnes 

Standard squad. Wolves are beatable but could be one of our toughest games this season. 

Dean ref Oliver VAR I literally cannot watch this now with those two arrogant tossers ruining football more! 

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on what?

You do realise they are in worse form then us and have only won 3 in there last 10, and are second from bottom of the from table for the last 6 games?

Or you just buying into the Wolves hype train?

They are a good side but not unbeatable, and are better away from home than at home! 

Just don't think we'll get anything, it's not a big deal to think that. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Really? 

You won't watch a match based on the officials chosen? 

I won’t/can’t wnjoy the game! Despite us being 3rd every week I find myself fed up and pissed off with the officials to the point I can barely watch premier league football particularly with Leicester playing! The arrogance of the officials the terrible decisions, the poor use of VAR, the not being able to relax when a goals scored until 2/3 mins later it’s checked! This isn’t football and how I fell in love with the game! I used to love a good old boo in the kop late 90s when a ref had a shocker, added to the experience now shockers are everyweek and I’m actually shocked if they have a good game! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1