Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

This has all the makings of a very tough game.

They're looking more and more solid at the back, especially since the return of Boly.

Traore vs. Chilwell has disaster written all over it. Put it this way, I've brought him in to my FPL team mostly on the basis of this game.

Hope I'm wrong.

tis will be a tough game. They need the three points more than we do if they are to maintain any chance of a top 4 challenge in the run in. A point would be good enough for us but wont do them any favours so i expect them to be gunning for it. Can actually see this being an open competitive game, especially if we score first as that will put the onus on them to come at us which will give us more opportunity for counters. Even if they take the lead they aren't the type of side to park the bus so i think this will be an entertaining game. If anything like Chelsea game that will do for me, although obviously three points would be perfect and will leave us sitting pretty.

Every game that goes by without us losing brings us closer to that second/third spot. Man city game for me is massive. Win that one and we are looking good for 2nd place, or at least it puts another team between us and 5th place.

What Makes this game..which both Set of fans,having been Dreaming of this for DECADES ....Its a midlands & PL Top 4-6 clash...!!!

Both Set of fans,should appreciate & respect...this period in both our clubs recent history....and each other....

Maybe in These times of some cynical Football Media cover & tragedy......Applauding both Teams would be a Good president...No matter the result and VAR..!!

Hold the Hate for the Manutd, & Arsenals....and a tad dislike,vor any other Team that gets your fancy...

I just Think Wolves & Leicester have re-awakened, the footballing midlands,by pushing that Bit more forward and become Top 4 candidates...

Wolves & Foxes a bit more Canny & guile, than the others....Something worth Howling about....:scarf: 

We have become the hunters..not the hunted....!!

Now theres a Good journo's  headline

• Like 3

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

tis will be a tough game. They need the three points more than we do if they are to maintain any chance of a top 4 challenge in the run in. A point would be good enough for us but wont do them any favours so i expect them to be gunning for it. Can actually see this being an open competitive game, especially if we score first as that will put the onus on them to come at us which will give us more opportunity for counters. Even if they take the lead they aren't the type of side to park the bus so i think this will be an entertaining game. If anything like Chelsea game that will do for me, although obviously three points would be perfect and will leave us sitting pretty.

Every game that goes by without us losing brings us closer to that second/third spot. Man city game for me is massive. Win that one and we are looking good for 2nd place, or at least it puts another team between us and 5th place.

They parked the bus at Leicester 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally, let's get this thread back onto page 1.

The Dubai Breaks over, at last!

is it a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3, looks the same to me to be fair, so default starting line up for me.

I hope Wilf's back and Maddison is over his hang-over.

I don't think we have to be too radical for this one, although the potential Traore slammers on Chilwell could be their tactic, so the option to help him out with Fuchs does make sense if we are to make any change. 

This game should be an absolute belter to come back to. 

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

All the figures for the game had us miles ahead of Villa, it was goals conceded that let us down.

We had 2 10-15 minute spells where we looked good and created a few chances, the rest was absolutely horrendous. Wolves are a far more competent side than Villa too.

• Thanks 1

Hoping a well and truly rested Leicester side Vardy finding those lucky scoring boots Kasper finding his lucky gloves to keep them balls out of his net , Maddison back to his slickness and magical free kicks and Wilf back to clean up the midfield and Nullify those wolves attacks would love to see a performance to match the Southampton 0-9 win performance not score line !

If we can quieten the home crowd early keep the likes of Traore Joto & Nevis etc out of the picture and on their arses then really think we can take those 3 points back to the KP, possibly the hardest fixture so far for us as wolves have been amazing but beatable !!

Edited by justfoxes

Not looking forward to this one. 

Im not sure why but I genuinely fear playing Wolves more than any other side. At least with Man c / Liverpool you expect to loose. Getting thumped by wolves would hurt.  

Really respect them as a club, theyve done brilliantly to turn things around since their relegation to league 1 and I guess that reminds me of us. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Surprised at so many fearing Wolves. 

They are a good team but still reliant on counter attacks. You have to be clever and really on with a game plan. 

We fcuked up finishing 7th last year by being in drawing positions and losing games. Wolves away being one of them. That was a result of poor decisions. If we don’t lose, that’s maintaining a gap on Wolves and another game is chalked off. 

Should be a cracking game, but make no mistake about it, this is up there as one of the hardest away trips of the season. Got a lot of respect for Wolves and Nuno. He’s done a magnificent job there. Both sides were quite conservative on the opening day, I expect them to be aggressive and in our faces. If Wilf isn’t available then that could make life tricky. We will need to retain the ball well and stay concentrated to come away with a result. Last year we worked so hard to get back level and got carried away and gave the match away at the end. Hopefully we’ve learnt from that. I’d be happy with a draw, and delighted with a win. Another entertaining 2-2 I think

• Like 1

They are a good side and probably the only side to give Liverpool a proper tough game home and away this season. 

I reckon it's gonna be end to end as they'll definitely go for it and that will give us the space to counter in behind their defence. The score could end up being anything but I would happily take a draw now if it was offered.