Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

58 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Wolves up their game against teams better than them.

Wolves 2-1 Leicester

I think Huddersfield did the double over them last season, which says a lot about raising their game against higher ranked teams. No doubt they'll be up for this. 

Just need to play our best, if not we will lose for sure. 

Let’s hope we get at least a draw , lose this and we are in a bit of trouble with Man City afterwards.

a win would all but confirm top 4 imo but I’d take a draw right now.

Would also be great for Vardy to get on the score sheet and end his drought. Would love him to get golden boot but I fear he won’t on current form.

Hes also scored at every single away Premiership ground except ...that’s right Molineux.

Wolves 0-1 Leicester Vardy winner would be perfect 🤪

Guest seanfox778

I like Mike Dean, I think he’s misunderstood as arrogant, he just has a big theatrical appetite for his job which I find pretty funny. 

One of the best counter attacking sides, who play better away than at home.

If we go and commit men forward like we usually do, we'll get raped on the break.

By contrast, they are gash at breaking sides down. We should go there trying to play on the counter, 2 holding MF, put men behind the ball, frustrate them as they have no guile against a packed defence, and have Vardy pick them off.

We should but we won't as Brendan will stick to his principles. Not that I really have a problem with it, its good to have a positive coach.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Got to risk for reward. come on you foxes!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah maybe but sometimes you have to be pragmatic, and a loss here means they gain 3 direct points on us in the race for 4th.

I normally like us to go for the win but away at Molineux (although they're probably better on the road anyway to be fair) - we should make sure we don't play straight into their hands. Nothing Nuno Espirito would like more than us to go and take the game to them, they're defensively solid to withstand it and are experts at picking teams off on the counter with pace and directness.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah maybe but sometimes you have to be pragmatic, and a loss here means they gain 3 direct points on us in the race for 4th.

I normally like us to go for the win but away at Molineux (although they're probably better on the road anyway to be fair) - we should make sure we don't play straight into their hands. Nothing Nuno Espirito would like more than us to go and take the game to them, they're defensively solid to withstand it and are experts at picking teams off on the counter with pace and directness.

not brendan's style though … i suspect he would like to go 3 at the back to match up but he wont be looking for a draw …….

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Torn on whether we should match them up and go 3-4-1-2 or stick to our usual formation of 4-1-4-1. The home game vs these was horrible but they make it difficult and I don't want them to easily do a number on us, so if that means we have to fight fire with fire for 60-70 mins then so be it.

Thanks Brendan, but please decide on your strategy before you give the team talk :unsure:

Guest An Sionnach

Interesting comparison of touch line management styles , big man barking out orders ,small man scribbling in notebook . Definitely reminds me of Mad Martin does Nuno. 

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Why did someone mention traore .He will eat Ben alive

Reckon Fuchs will play in a back three so probably he will be covered.