Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndyMaidenhead

Vardy...v worried..

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

This was 15/16, he's almost always scored in fits and starts                                              G        A

624610566_Screenshot2020-02-19at15_37_40.thumb.png.0e90aaffcfb93d714c6df112c3839559.png

The bigger problem is that it's only Barnes scoring at the minute, Tielemans, Perez and Maddison aren't producing so whilst Vardy is on barren spell we're just not threatening enough

Very concerning that we have gone back to playing a bit of Puel-ball. To me, we should try Praet-Tielemans in the middle and drop Maddison for a game. Controversial I know but I recall the two played pretty well together and it is time for a bit of a shuffle. I would keep Barnes and Perez for this shuffle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Very concerning that we have gone back to playing a bit of Puel-ball. To me, we should try Praet-Tielemans in the middle and drop Maddison for a game. Controversial I know but I recall the two played pretty well together and it is time for a bit of a shuffle. I would keep Barnes and Perez for this shuffle.

It’s nothing like Puel ball Tom.

• Like 1

At some point it might have to be considered as a possibility.

Its not the lack of goals, its the fact he simply has not played very well since he returned to the team, his channel runs are poor, he did set up one great chance that should off been the winner against chelsea, but that aside he has off the races.

What do you think, give him a few more games  to get a goal, or maybe its time to make that big call and bring perez back into the team.

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

We played well today so let’s not have a knee jerk reaction to losing to the team everyone was calling the best in the world last year. However he’s simply been shit since having another child. No scapegoating either before the fan boys start on me, he’s a legend and I’d say our best player of all time. Facts are facts afterall.

I wish people would stop blaming the fact that he's had a kid. It's an easy excuse, but I don't think that explains at all why he hit the post, or miss-hit passes. 

Think he simply over-performed earlier in the season, and is now under performing. That's been the same for a lot of our players though, and I don't think they've all had new-borns. Probably should be dropped on current form, to be honest, but the case for that can be made against a fair few players. 

Maybe play him with Nacho again (I thought that looked promising) and see how that goes.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The best option by far at the club. So lucky to have him.

Every striker goes through lean spells and Vardy is no different. 

Anyone calling for hom to be dropped clearly knows nothing about football.

Agree.

Vardy. Sharp as always. Had the best chance today but unlucky to hit the post. Still running around at 90th min when others were passing backwards.

EPL leading scorer.

No more needs to be said on this thread and should be closed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, twister said:

At some point it might have to be considered as a possibility.

Its not the lack of goals, its the fact he simply has not played very well since he returned to the team, his channel runs are poor, he did set up one great chance that should off been the winner against chelsea, but that aside he has off the races.

What do you think, give him a few more games  to get a goal, or maybe its time to make that big call and bring perez back into the team.

Ridiculous.

Edited by NeilLCFC

What is ridiculous about it

Nobody is saying he should be dropped forever but he has not scored since December even Lacazette and Aguero have been dropped by managers this season.

No player has a divine right to start even one as good as Vardy.

Edited by twister
  • Like 2

Just now, twister said:

Nobody is saying he should be dropped forever but he has not score since December even Lacazette and Aguero have been dropped by managers this season.

Erm... Yes he does because hes our best option by a mile.

Difference is Man city have top quality strikers to come in when they give the strikers a rest. 

We dont. 

He absolutely has a divine right to start even when not firing on all cylinders.

That one that hit the post goes in and people would be lauding him

It is unreal how fickle some here really are.

Yes let's drop the league's top scorer right when we've come through our toughest patch of the season🤔

If it had crept inside the post would this even be a thread? Vardy will score, it's a matter of time, then more will follow. Knee jerk reactions after what was a positive performance are not what's needed. Glad we're not the ones picking the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twister said:

Nobody is saying he should be dropped forever but he has not scored since December even Lacazette and Aguero have been dropped by managers this season.

EXcept VARDY..!!