Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndyMaidenhead

Vardy...v worried..

Just now, themightyfin said:

Really wish people would stick to playing Fifa when they come home from school when they clearly know nothing about football

You’ve made nothing but dismissive points in this thread.

Engage with the question. Why is he better than Iheanacho at the moment (concussion notwithstanding)?

Touch, passing, movement and finishing is all off at the moment. Loads of completely understandable reasons for that - new baby and injury to say the least - but the lack of goals is the symptom rather than the problem.

He’s a great striker but he’s in very poor form and we’ve not won a game he’s played more than 45 minutes of since 8 December. There’s a pretty good case for trying something different in the interests of the team. Nobody is advocating dropping him forever.

Im also not sure it’s healthy to have a player that’s “undroppable” but that’s probably a different discussion.

Ok I get the picture you want him to start, this was in no way meant as a disrespect.

But I will repeat having watched this game for 30 years every striker outside of Messi or Ronaldo is droppable at some point no matter how good they are.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

The leading scorer in the prem.

Hit the post tonight.

Jeez, threads like this make me depressed.

He won’t be leading scorer at the end at this rate. He’s been woeful for months now. If we had options we’d be trying them, but we don’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Dunno what’s up with the lad. Needs to get his shit together fast. Can’t see Benda dropping him though, he worships the ground Vards walks on. 

Seriously some of our fans haha. We are lucky to have him, he’s one of the best strikers in the league / world.

He’s just clearly a bit low on confidence at the minute, he’ll come good and fire us into the Champions League places 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

you thought he was good? literally everything he did today was poor. one of the worst performances i've seen from him in a long time. 

Yeah he made some great runs. He beat their defenders to the ball virtually every time. Unlucky with his finish to hit the post. I'll give you that he lost the ball a few times but the support at times took ages to arrive. 

Worst performance you've seen from him in a long time? I think the scoreline is clouding your mind. Do you remember how he played under Puel? Even Vardy in his current form is ten times the player he was under Puel. 

• Like 3

The whole team is missing the edge the X factor, mojo, midus touch or whatever you wanna call it. That has been the difference between an average foxes side to the 1st half season side which was blowing teams away.

This is a critical juncture our club is at now. Either we finish this season strong and claim 3rd spot or we start to slip away slowly. Chelsea picked up 3 points away but more than their win was how they battled today for every 1st, 2nd & 3rd ball hungry to win. Leicester simply cannot be complacent any longer. To arrest the slide we need to NOT lose no matter what then start to follow quickly with a succession of wins to get full confidence back.

cmon Rogers do something!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yeah he made some great runs. He beat their defenders to the ball virtually every time. Unlucky with his finish to hit the post. I'll give you that he lost the ball a few times but the support at times took ages to arrive. 

Worst performance you've seen from him in a long time? I think the scoreline is clouding your mind. Do you remember how he played under Puel? Even Vardy in his current form is ten times the player he was under Puel. 

perhaps i should view the game again because every time i seen vardy have it he somehow managed to mess it up. not only mess it up but do it in an embarrassing way. hate to say it but it was a shocking game from him imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Compared to Vardy of years ago, yes they have. It’s bloody obvious, short runs he’s still good, but anything about 35m+ out it’s a poor lay-off. 

What's happened to you?

Have you been brainwashed?

Body-snatched?

Replaced by an Android?

I used to rely on you to be the voice of calming, common sense.

Now you're a raving loony!

I think he made better runs yesterday, looked sharper, but there were still some moments where he looked uncharacteristically poor. In the second half he tried a back heel to Chilwell and completely messed it up. Also a few time the ball went up to him with his back to goal, he got the ball held it up and then messed up the pass.

He was really unlucky to hit the post first half, if that's slightly to the right, it goes in off the post and we're all saying he's back.

Edited by Facecloth

Yes he's a legend, yes he's out best striker when on form. The fact is he's been off-form for quite a while. Just because he's still the top scorer in the Premier League (due to the inadequacies of the other strikers) it doesn't mean he's beyond criticism.

Yesterday I would say he was our worst player by a distance. Iheanacho made more runs into the channels and looked more likely to create and link up play than Vardy. There were so many times when Chilwell, Fuchs or Ricardo got the ball and they were crying out for a striker to run into the channels, and yet Vardy was simply holding his position and not moving. 

When Vardy did get the ball, more often than not he didn't have the pace to beat his man (Walker and Fernandinho both beat him on runs) and he was so sloppy in possession. That attempted pass to Barnes in the second half was woeful. 

I'd give him another game at Norwich but if he doesn't deliver then I'd seriously consider dropping him. I'll be taking him out of my fantasy football team as well!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Seriously some of our fans haha. We are lucky to have him, he’s one of the best strikers in the league / world.

He’s just clearly a bit low on confidence at the minute, he’ll come good and fire us into the Champions League places 

Yep, that’s exactly what I was alluding to.