Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndyMaidenhead

Vardy...v worried..

Wolves do that to everyone. We struggled to break them down but so does almost everyone else when they sit in. One more point on the board. Off day, forced by a very disciplined Wolves side. Some people need to remember we’re Leicester City not Barcelona. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No it makes him clever. Vardy isn't a crap player so playing him isn't going to cause the fans to be annoyed or any of the other players. It's that versus possibly upsetting both fans and players who in turn will play worse than they already are and then the inevitable BR out chants start.. 

...well it still makes him sound weak!!

Staying with a system that is not working for fear of upsetting players and supporters makes no sense.What this team needs is leadership and that should manifest itself in the form of the manager. Perhaps that is what Vardy and the team is looking for, someone to make tough decisions for the benefit of the club and not to placate favourites.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He hasn't looked right since his knock but he's getting no service. Must have touched the ball less than 20 times last night, we just couldn't get him into the game. Didn't help that we we're still trying to play the ball up to him when Cody is so deep he's virtually on his own 12 yard box. We needed to do something different.

Needs a goal, it'll come and he'll get back to knocking them in.

Even tho I think Ayoze can be a class player at times he’s no winger he’s better up the middle, Ricardo is our best threat on the right so is it time for Ricardo to push forward on the wing not only to improve his goal chances but supply Vardy with the quality cross we all know he can deliver then slide in James Justin on the right defence to he’s been quality when called upon he can assist Ricardo on a counter attack but also have Ricardo to come back to defend with JJ we’d then not only improve our attacking but have a solid right side of defence ?:scarf:

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 3

Some really good points on here. It's hard to say whether Vardy is out of form or not because he's not involved in games. And when he suddenly becomes involved on 40 minutes (which didn't happen yesterday) you can't expect someone who's been out of it for so long to get his critical contribution right. It seems criminal to me that we're once again failing to tap our most important resource.

I agree that we're woefully short on physicality at times. Way too laboured and conservative in our build-up to pose serious problems. Youri has been very poor for a while - if you watch videos of him just a few months ago you'd have to wonder what's happened to his mobility, or whether sides have simply latched onto his lack of pace. Perez is ineffective on the right and doesn't impose himself on games. He's another who shies away from the battle, when a game becomes a battle. Maddison - a fine player, but yet another who lacks aggression, and has tended to fail of late in any creative midfielder's key function (i.e. creativity).

We have a lot of pretty players. A lot of flair players. But sides seem to have realised that they can be outmuscled, outfought, and trumped by positional discipline, closing down, and a little directness here and there. That they'll give the ball away all over the place if just a little pressure is applied. You always hope that your manager sees the same warning signs that fans, pundits and opposition managers have become aware of, but I'm afraid to say that BR has given little indication of that thus far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saying the supply to him isn't up to scratch is too easy an excuse to make. 

While certainly it has dropped off, he...

- Is missing the few openings that do come his way
- Is misplacing almost every pass he makes
- Is failing to hold the ball up when played in to him

He's out of form. Yes he's our hero but we're allowed to admit when he's playing poorly.

Get Iheanacho up there with him and hopefully the closer proximity to a team mate and easier opportunies to create sequences of interplay will get his confidence going again. He has always been a confidence player, we just need to re-ignite that ruthless streak somehow. It'll happen, it's just a matter of how soon.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

On 15/02/2020 at 07:32, Mythyaar said:

If he had (an) out and out winger(s) delivering for him (like Adama Traore - unplayable at times) he'd be fine. Neither Barnes or, particularly Perez, are wingers. They then cluster up the middle of the park for Tielemens and Maddison by going inside way more than they show out, as they're not confident that they can win their one on ones, because they aint proper wingers!

The nearest we have to that position at the club is Perreira but he has defending to do too! Maybe give Justin that defensive role and push Perreira further forward to service Vardy more, and free up space in the centre for Maddison. Vardy will get a lot more chances then.

Said before that ricardo is our best winger.

My view is that he's carrying a knock still and with the birth of a new baby is probably just a bit knackered. Even a small loss of sleep, could be due to new born or a bit of worry about his academy, can make a big difference to an elite athlete. He'll be back in a few weeks firing on all cylinders!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

We have but it usually needs a change in manager to bring him back, he has a similar look about him to those droughts under Puel, Ranieri 🤔

Or maybe he's had a niggling injury, a new baby and his wifes dramas with Rooney to contend with and the combination has affected his form?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

We have but it usually needs a change in manager to bring him back, he has a similar look about him to those droughts under Puel, Ranieri 🤔

If that were true, you be better off getting rid of the player.

Fortunately, you're spouting nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 15/02/2020 at 13:06, LCFCFOX6190 said:

Wolves defended well against him.  Marked when he came deeper and a defender always dropped back to stop his runs behind rather than just ball watching.

Wolves have had him pinned ever since they came up last season, he has been a passenger in every game. They are pigs to play against.

It's a pity Barnes didn't score with that superb ball into him just before Vardy went off in Chelsea game; I'm sure it would have helped confidence. I've no doubt sure he will score soon and he will be back to his best. I also think he is better when City are breaking more quickly (than current laborious build ups) as he seems to run into positions from which hw will score.

On 14/02/2020 at 23:38, Matt said:

No, lack of service is what it is.

Too much passive shite behind him, lack of service.

Which is exactly why he should reject an England call up should he get one,

Let's move FORWARD!!!

The service has got worse, granted, but Vardy has been off form for a while now and has missed a lot of chances that you’d expect him to score - it has cost us results along the way. 

obviously it’s not that everyone else is blameless. 

It’s just interesting to point out - since people have been desperate to make Chilwell/Barnes/Maddison scapegoats, and yet Vardy has escaped criticism. 

On 17/02/2020 at 20:49, Bluetintedspecs said:

Or maybe he's had a niggling injury, a new baby and his wifes dramas with Rooney to contend with and the combination has affected his form?

If you add the points about the whole team coming off the boil since mid December, and the lack of service, and I think we have a reasonable explanation.

I think his missus said she been in hospital a few times in that appearance on loose women, the lawyers are involved, and she has presumably been taking a pounding on social media since the big hoo-ha. We have all seen how difficult it can be to be in the public eye when you are getting slaughtered in the press, in recent days.

I reckon Vards will improve soon, but obviously the sooner the better.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a stat about Vardy's conversion rate when he was knocking them in for fun being off the charts and therefore unlikely to be sustainable. This partly explains the drop off along with the fact that I don't think he has returned to full fitness since his injury. Due to the other points being made in recent posts he is also becoming increasingly isolated. Too many square pegs in round holes around him - Perez in particular. We have become stale and we've been worked out. Time to change the system. I'd like to see Nacho brought in alongside him. This could become an explosive partnership and reignite us for the final push.  

This was 15/16, he's almost always scored in fits and starts                                              G        A

624610566_Screenshot2020-02-19at15_37_40.thumb.png.0e90aaffcfb93d714c6df112c3839559.png

The bigger problem is that it's only Barnes scoring at the minute, Tielemans, Perez and Maddison aren't producing so whilst Vardy is on barren spell we're just not threatening enough

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1