Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

The Next Six

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Norwich away
Villa home
Watford away
Brighton home

Everton away

Palace home

Time to get some winning momentum back. Gone through a tough month with games against Chelsea/Wolves/Man City this month.

Think the toughest game of that lot could be the Watford or Everton games. But we have to be aiming for at least 4 or 5 wins from them before facing Arsenal & Bournemouth away which won't be easy.

But those 6 are a great opportunity to mirror the form we showed in September/October/November. Get some wins back on the board and perhaps more importantly, confidence back flowing through the side.

And for what it's worth, as few VAR controversies as possible! 

It’s a run where you could easily go unbeaten. From the reverse fixtures we took 16 points from a possible 18. I fancy here 13 points from 18. Losing at Everton and drawing at Watford. Winning the rest. 

• Like 1

Ideally we go on another winning streak but anything above 9 points and I think it’s job done. As has been pointed out the chasing pack all have to play each other so points lost all round however the results of those games go (draws all round would be ideal). We also have the opportunity to take points from them too.

arsenal away.    Draw

spurs away. Loss

man utd home. Win

sheff Utd home. Win

so possibly seven points off direct rivals

we will finish somewhere between 64 and 68 points by my reckoning. That would mean everyone else needing to better 2 points per game or 8 wins out of 11.

23 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Norwich away Win
Villa home Win
Watford away Win/Draw
Brighton home Win

Everton away Win/Draw

Palace home Win

I frankly do not see us losing any of these games. 

@ealingfox, I am usually not a betting man but let's revisit this after those games and hopefully your apparent befuddlement would have been cleared up. 

Great opportunity with these fixtures. If we can’t consolidate our top 4 place with these games then frankly we don’t deserve it. Start with a win and a good performance against bottom of the league Friday night and go from there. No reason we can’t go unbeaten throughout these.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2020 at 04:48, NaijaFox said:

Norwich away Win
Villa home Win
Watford away Win/Draw
Brighton home Win

Everton away Win/Draw

Palace home Win

I frankly do not see us losing any of these games. 

Norwich away Win
Villa home Win
Watford away Draw
Brighton home Win

Everton away Lose

Palace home Win

Norwich away WIN

Villa home WIN

Watford away DRAW

Brighton home WIN

Everton away LOSS

Palace home WIN

13 points there and champions league place sealed. DILLY DING DILLY DONG.

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We'll lose Everton away and at least one of the others I reckon. Hopefully will manage at least 2 wins.

You were saying there was no chance we'd get a top 4 spot at the start of the season as well tbf

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You were saying there was no chance we'd get a top 4 spot at the start of the season as well tbf

.....tbf he's in good company🦊 although there are plenty of better hammers around to beat him with.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I did, and should that be proven wrong I will gladly eat my words, but we havent got a top 4 spot yet.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s usually when we have these “easy” runs that we go to shit

We beat Palace, Brighton, Watford, Villa, Everton earlier in the season in our 8 in a row. They're 5 of the teams we play in the next 6.

Not saying it will be as straightforward but we definitely have it in us to get similar results against that standard of team. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

We beat Palace, Brighton, Watford, Villa, Everton earlier in the season in our 8 in a row. They're 5 of the teams we play in the next 6.

Not saying it will be as straightforward but we definitely have it in us to get similar results against that standard of team. 

Absolutely, it just reminds me of when we had a piss easy run last year and ended up dropping points to pretty much everyone lol 

• Thanks 1