Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

The Next Six

Norwich away
Villa home
Watford away
Brighton home

Everton away

Palace home

Time to get some winning momentum back. Gone through a tough month with games against Chelsea/Wolves/Man City this month.

Think the toughest game of that lot could be the Watford or Everton games. But we have to be aiming for at least 4 or 5 wins from them before facing Arsenal & Bournemouth away which won't be easy.

But those 6 are a great opportunity to mirror the form we showed in September/October/November. Get some wins back on the board and perhaps more importantly, confidence back flowing through the side.

And for what it's worth, as few VAR controversies as possible! 

• Like 4

Yeah crucial run here. I'd take 12 points from that lot if it was offered to me right now!

Problem is that at this point in the season, many of those teams will be in a must-win scenario. But hopefully we can get back at it. Against Man City I felt some players got back to somewhere near their best level, but the big problem is the misfiring Vardy. Nacho could be key in these games I feel.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah crucial run here. I'd take 12 points from that lot if it was offered to me right now!

Problem is that at this point in the season, many of those teams will be in a must-win scenario. But hopefully we can get back at it. Against Man City I felt some players got back to somewhere near their best level, but the big problem is the misfiring Vardy. Nacho could be key in these games I feel.

I think them having to win is benefit in some ways though. Earlier in the season they might take a point against a team sitting in the top 4, but now they are going to go for. Norwich and Watford gain nothing for just trying to shut us out.

On the other hand Palace are pretty much safe which is the point in the season they usually start to slack off.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’ll take all 18 points please. lol

Seriously think Watford away will be the toughest. Everton depends on which of their many versions show up on the night, but everyone else there is beatable.

• Haha 1

Norwich will be different to playing Wolves. They will be open and come at us. I think they'll create chances but I think we will too. Should be a good game actually, I'm looking forward to going down there.

The home games though, definitely got to take max points. And they are relatively the easiest games we could pick. Villa may be difficult given the history and the fact it's a Midlands derby but all three are beatable.

I'd take a draw at Watford and at Everton all day long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Norwich will be different to playing Wolves. They will be open and come at us. I think they'll create chances but I think we will too. Should be a good game actually, I'm looking forward to going down there.

The home games though, definitely got to take max points. And they are relatively the easiest games we could pick. Villa may be difficult given the history and the fact it's a Midlands derby but all three are beatable.

I'd take a draw at Watford and at Everton all day long.

Agreed on all counts. 

Gotta make our home games count now and pick that form up. 

Forgot to mention as well the fixtures that some clubs around us have in that time, too, where they take points off each other...

Spurs vs Wolves
Man Utd vs Man City
Spurs vs Man Utd

Chelsea vs Man City
Man Utd vs Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd vs Spurs
Man City vs Liverpool
Sheff Utd vs Wolves

Wolves play today where we expect them to get 3 points - that would take them up to 7/8th depending on Utd's result.

Even so, that's teams from (barring Liverpool) 2nd through to 8th playing each other (or thereabouts).

We could do our chances of finishing high as possible (3rd realistically) some real confidence and get that gap to 4th/5th much bigger again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Norwich away Win
Villa home Win
Watford away Draw
Brighton home Win

Everton away Loss

Palace home Win

Should pretty much secure the CL spot with two fingers up to the establishment.

I can see these being how the results go too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I would be happy with 12pts, reckon we'd barely need any more than that from the following 5 games to get champions league football next season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If a team plays to all out win then that's exactly what we want. It's the teams that shut up shop/park the bus/overload their midfield to frustrate us that our problem. If any of them dare play an open game and don't have the quality of Man City then they are likely to play right into our hands. I'm being optimistic here of course, and anything can happen, but we can and should be able to find a bit of momentum in those fixtures.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

If a team plays to all out win then that's exactly what we want. It's the teams that shut up shop/park the bus/overload their midfield to frustrate us that our problem. If any of them dare play an open game and don't have the quality of Man City then they are likely to play right into our hands. I'm being optimistic here of course, and anything can happen, but we can and should be able to find a bit of momentum in those fixtures.

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think them having to win is benefit in some ways though. Earlier in the season they might take a point against a team sitting in the top 4, but now they are going to go for. Norwich and Watford gain nothing for just trying to shut us out.

On the other hand Palace are pretty much safe which is the point in the season they usually start to slack off.

Yeah both of you are right come to think about it. We struggled when teams started to respect us because of our performances in the early part of the season. Villa was the best example for me, in the first game they dared take the game to us and got battered, but when they parked the bus they beat us to the cup final. If teams have to come out against us, it suits our game plan.