Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

30 minutes ago, Hales said:

I agree the tension was obvious between them. Johnny actually came off his line to pretty much shove chilly into the right position. Evan's, soy and schmeichel looked really fed up with most of them. I bet it was an "interesting" atmosphere on the journey home! Hopefully tensions will be aired and they can move on. I've not seen that obvious tension before on the pitch.  Hope the dressing room isnt becoming divided.

I was pretty disappointed in kasper.... he needs competition 

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Watch it again

What? I've seen it enough times. The fault of the goal is not Kasper.

It's the lack of closing down from Chilwell on Aarons and then Perez/Pereira giving Lewis far too much space to get a shot away. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I give up. Too many entitled people on this forum these days. You have no idea what poor form looks like or you have forgotten.

I appreciate the best run of form the club has ever had. I've enjoyed the ride this season. I know that all teams get dry patches. I know we'll come good.

And if we don't, you know what, we'll build and learn, as we have done under these owners, and we'll be stronger again next year, as we have been every year since they took over. Our current points total will already lead us to our second highest finish in the Prem, that's assuming we get no more points at all. Progress each year is what I expect and this year has gone beyond what any of us could have expected.

Agreed…

15 hours ago, trabuch said:

This is true. But you can understand the frustration when you know we can do better than we did tonight. The first half of the season was so joyful. The owners are the best. 

It’s fine to be frustrated…. Would be a little odd if we weren’t…. It’s the tedious post after post of doom and gloom…. It’s utterly depressing and way too over the top… We understand as does Rodgers and our players that the mojo needs to found again…. We were ok v Man City and Chelsea and we may well (or possibly not?) come good again…

on balance the season has been excellent…. And we continue to have a promising future, it’s just a bit pissy at the moment, but, a few posters could do with learning how to be a little more resilient and roll with it….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We don't have Man city's A & B team so we have trouble against the low block!  Rodgers likes his teams to press and  pass the ball into forward areas at speed, but this is not working at the moment.  The question is do we have the players to play like this?  Also Tielemans, Maddison, Chilwell, Vardy et al are all out of form and Perez......mmmmmm enough said!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sorry not blaming Kasper at all for the goal.

Not having that at all.

Agreed

Kasper knows whats wrong, and that goal wouldnt have happened if our midfield actually learned how to win the ball back by pressing the opposition.

Also if we were 3+ goals up and they scored it wouldnt have mattered, thats not Kasper's fault.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, Hales said:

I agree the tension was obvious between them. Johnny actually came off his line to pretty much shove chilly into the right position. Evan's, soy and schmeichel looked really fed up with most of them. I bet it was an "interesting" atmosphere on the journey home! Hopefully tensions will be aired and they can move on. I've not seen that obvious tension before on the pitch.  Hope the dressing room isnt becoming divided.

.. probably the best thing that could have happened!! 

Previously we have had a players only gathering where they have a chance to speak their minds. Time to clear the air and get to the bottom of this!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree except for the fact stalling is normal. 

I can't stress it enough. Maintaining the same performance level throughout a season is as good as impossible. 

Teams have to develop. They Learn how to work through a sticky patch. Develop a mental toughness when total.shite like Norwich score an undeserved goal. 

Liverpool's current team wasn't born (borne?) overnight. It took three seasons or so of setbacks to create their monster. 

I take all that, but it's been a bit flat for quite a while now. 

Confidence can come and go with good and bad runs. 

It's the effort and lack of spark that concerns me. 

The Xmas period was tough, but they've had plenty of rest periods since then and still look lethargic in a few recent games. 

Last nights 1st half was absolutely dreadful, when Norwich were there for the taking. 

The longer it went, the more the game stunk of a 1-0 home win, which they probably just about deserved if only for there desire. 

Like a few have suggested, a dressing room fall out wouldn't surprise me at all. 

The club seems to be totally together 1 minute, then toxic the next. 

Hope it's sorted and soon

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I was pretty disappointed in kasper.... he needs competition 

That's insane. He did fine.

I understand that people jump on him every time he makes a mistake (have you watched the 4 or 5 keepers in the world that are actually meant to be better than him?) but if you go down the road that Kasper, or even Vardy, are the root of our problems then we'll never get out of this.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2020 at 23:02, Hammo said:

Hands up those who proclaimed in the autumn that this team was better than the one that won the title!

Guess you’re feeling a bit silly now, right?

I blame Radio Leicester and Ian Stringer for this nonsense. He and his sidekick (mini Ian) Owyn were getting carried away with the form at the start of the season.

This team is looking more and more like the sides we had at the end of the Shakespeare and Puel regimes than the title winning team! Clueless going forward, sloppy at the back, and no direction or leadership on or off the pitch. 

• Like 1