Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Three already have. One of which had to deem no champion because 1st and 2nd were separated by goal difference 

No they abandoned.

They didnt void.

Voiding means pretending the games were not played, all goals, results, records removed from history as if it didnt happen.

So e.g. if the EPL was voided we would no longer hold the record for highest away win.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Void isnt fair, it favours the teams who have had a bad 3/4 of a season.

So what do you think is more fair if the season doesn't finish?

It would only be fair if you forwarded the results into a following season, also it would cause complete chaos as advertisers would need to be paid back, tv companies paid back, clubs would go to courts (and rightfully so), players contracts would be in chaos as well, appearance bonuses, and addon fees two things come to mind.

Why would voiding make any more difference to these rather then finishing the season 3/4 the way though?

You think clubs will not go to count if we predicted a finished table table on points per game or use the table as it stands?

No professional league will void their season.

Maybe you should tell the Dutch FA  that then, they voided the Eredivisie season at the end of April  lol

No champions or relegation.

Edited by coolhandfox

Se

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

No they abandoned.

They didnt void.

Voiding means pretending the games were not played, all goals, results, records removed from history as if it didnt happen.

So e.g. if the EPL was voided we would no longer hold the record for highest away win.

Fair - although you could argue either way that Eredivisie was declared void or abandoned.

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

No they abandoned.

They didnt void.

The definition of voided is that something was declared invalid, not pretending it never happened...........

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The evidence most certainly does not point to that.  There aren't that many cases of children being seriously ill (though there are disturbing exceptions, with clusters of unexplained COVID-related symptoms that have caused deaths among children) but all evidence suggests that children are infected at just as high a rate as adults.  Which also means they're spreaders at just as high a rate.

They spread it, but they don't get seriously ill by it? That was exactly my point. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

To be fair the two arent comparable.

One is lab conditions safety of adults playing sport on a large outdoor pitch.

The other is kids running a mock in a classroom, not being tested, and been exposed to different people on a daily basis.

A bit like the argument where someone claims a gym is as safe as resuming EPL football, not remotely comparable.

Yeah, because footballers can be trusted to social distance can't they, unlike children. I'm sure they won't come into contact with different people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740861

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8328935/Chelsea-Callum-Hudson-Odoi-arrested-rape-claims.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11329263/kyle-walker-sex-party-coronavirus-lockdown-hookers-man-city/

https://talksport.com/football/703549/kyle-walker-man-city-twitter-harassed-lockdown-party-sister/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11461785/arsenal-break-coronavirus-lockdown-rules/

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The definition of voided is that something was declared invalid, not pretending it never happened...........

They didnt declare it invalid though.

European places honoured, results honoured, table stands albeit incomplete.

They just didnt award a title.

53 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Danny Rose - Sky Sports Article

FVCK. OFF.

You're playing outdoors. Even in the unlikely event that you do catch the virus, the viral load will be so low that it will affect you even less than you should expect anyway, as a professional athlete.

Meanwhile workers on minimum wage are working shifts INDOORS at supermarkets. They're not complaining, and they're not dropping like flies either.

How can he expect to pick up his £60k per week salary while sat at home bleating to the press? Man child.

The difference is some people need to work in supermarkets to survive. Rose doesn’t. Just because he’s a footballer and he’s working outside shouldn’t make him have any less reservations about it, he’s still a human being at the end of the day. This is the same Danny Rose that has been very charitable throughout this crisis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

The difference is some people need to work in supermarkets to survive. Rose doesn’t. Just because he’s a footballer and he’s working outside shouldn’t make him have any less reservations about it, he’s still a human being at the end of the day. This is the same Danny Rose that has been very charitable throughout this crisis. 

The fact remains he'd be in zero danger.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Supermarkets dont need to be running how they are now though, they could be closed to the public and food delivered via a rationed distribution system, so they risk they carry is avoidable in my opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think you'll find there are plenty of people working in what could easily be described as non-essential. 

For example there are builders working near me doing extensions and landscaping where social distancing is impossible but I'm assuming the business needs to continue or go bust and the workers need to work to avoid being made redundant. 

There's DIY shops, and general construction (LCFC training ground).

My son's been doing 2 days at work 3 days at home all through this and there's people in the office with him because if they didn't the business would go under he can't afford the furlough rate or to be made redundant.  My daughter's had to go to school and look after a class of U5s for a few days each week. 

For many life has had to go on with all it's associated risks.

I don't have an insight into the world of professional football but I'm sure they must have some compelling reasons to get this going again and I doubt very much it's got anything to do with pleasing the fans, we'll be right at the bottom of reasons as we always are.

As for me I can take it or leave it, if it's there I'll watch it.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think you'll find there are plenty of people working in what could easily be described as non-essential. 

For example there are builders working near me doing extensions and landscaping where social distancing is impossible but I'm assuming the business needs to continue or go bust and the workers need to work to avoid being made redundant. 

There's DIY shops, and general construction (LCFC training ground).

My son's been doing 2 days at work 3 days at home all through this and there's people in the office with him because if they didn't the business would go under he can't afford the furlough rate or to be made redundant.  My daughter's had to go to school and look after a class of U5s for a few days each week. 

For many life has had to go on with all it's associated risks.

I don't have an insight into the world of professional football but I'm sure they must have some compelling reasons to get this going again and I doubt very much it's got anything to do with pleasing the fans, we'll be right at the bottom of reasons as we always are.

As for me I can take it or leave it, if it's there I'll watch it.

Well said. 

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

What should be happening is something like this, I dont know why the EPL cant do something so simple.

1 - players tested individually.

2 - Players positive go into isolation take no part on squad activities.

3 - players negative, meet up with rest of square who tested negative.

4 - same done for match officials and other personel involved with games.

5 - accommodation secured for the remainder of the season, personel isolated from rest of society.

6 - everyone retested before every game.

7 - when all games played, quarantined for another 2 weeks, then can go back to home life.

No risk to families.this is safe protocol, I think germany league is using hotels for staff?

But EPL it seems is letting players go home after every training session, relying on people to be sensible.

They did but seemed players were allowed home after game and at the weekend.

As you say it's going to take a lot of planing and  disciplined behaviour  !

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

About as much confidence as I could give that he wouldn't break his leg, yeah.

...no guaranties!!!

The figures being posted regarding the detrimental effect regarding societies BAME casualties in relation to Covid-19 is worrying. Anyone is entitled to make the call regarding their health or indirectly impacting the safety of their family, just because they earn more than the person on the till at Tesco does not mean they should be lampooned for their choices.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

In fairness that's a handful of players (in some cases multiple offenders) out of more than 500 PL footballers. 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

So, no then lol 

Silly argument. You can't guarantee anything. By that logic I should jump off my 4th floor balcony for the thrill because there's no guarantee it'd kill me.

How do you think my work would respond if I said I wasn't coming in as I couldn't guarantee I won't get run over on the way?

Anybody that has bothered to do any reading on Covid could tell you that the fit and healthy are at a minimal risk of being affected badly by it. Especially when not exposed to a large viral load, which Danny Rose would not be if he were to follow the guidelines and not gather with team mates in large groups indoors.

Maybe a stretch to expect others to appreciate nuance, though, so my bad.