Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Thought it was awful, football without the fans really is nothing.

I'll obviously watch Leicester as intensely as ever as it's important, but I doubt I'll watch a single other game unless something huge is riding on it.

It was better than scrolling through Netflix or doing next to nothing for me. Wouldn’t have found it any more interesting if there were fans there. At least in the PL there’s usually something Leicester related going on, ex-player, rival etc. Can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of watching foreign leagues but it made a nice change I thought.  

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

The biggest positive for me was it's a step back to normality.  A little step but better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

The biggest positive for me was it's a step back to normality.  A little step but better than nothing. 

This.

Have to find a way to live with the virus. It you're going to wait for a vaccine for everything you may be waiting a life time.

• Like 2

Not a huge of fan of it. And I really hope that the acceptance of it doesn’t become a standard which the authorities take as an approval that having games away from their home fans becomes a thing (39th game and all that) 

It does have an ability to distract but I couldn’t keep my concentration for 90 minutes. I won’t be emotionally invested in until Leicester play.

Take next weekend in Bundesliga, Berlin derby. With fans, it would be the best derby ever between the two teams. I’d make an effort to watch the spectacle alongside the game. 

Without fans, it doesn’t have the rivalry the two clubs have built up recently. Its simply the game and it’s not quite as grabbing. 

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

It was better than scrolling through Netflix or doing next to nothing for me. Wouldn’t have found it any more interesting if there were fans there. At least in the PL there’s usually something Leicester related going on, ex-player, rival etc. Can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of watching foreign leagues but it made a nice change I thought.  

Except you would - it’s probably the biggest rivalry in Germany. With fans it becomes a tension filled atmosphere, players get caught up in it. It was all void of that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Dave said:

I noticed that too. I think they may be told about that.

I also noticed that not all of the managers were wearing face masks - I thought they were all supposed to?

Managers were given the choice by the governing body to wear them or not. 

I'm surprised no-one's really mentioned pumping crowd noise into the venue via the speakers. Even just a bit of background noise would be quite nice.

If you wanted to make it interactive for fans, you could even have polls on Twitter for certain chants to be played (there will be audio out there). That then gives home advantage a bit more meaning by sort of giving home fans control over the 'atmosphere' created.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

There is a massive market for a n interactive fan product here to make some revenue, maybe and additional part of season ticket. Relatively low cost solution. 

The players here are looking a bit pathetic now, saying it's too early compared to when? Either play football or forfeit your pay, simple.

I am restarting after the bank holiday, if I dontvI will be heading for liquidation. Its that simple!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed it, not least because I watched with a few mates via Zoom, and we created our own somewhat inferior Super Saturday. I took Leipzig vs. Freiburg, and had plenty of fun when Koch had a late winner ruled out by VAR. Plenty of innuendo all round Jeff. On to Union vs Bayern later. I normally struggle to watch a whole non Leicester game, but these is different times!

• Like 4

It was a bit of an odd watch but not that far removed from something like one of our development games or a youth international. For whatever reason I can't say I've actually been missing football all that much and the next game I watch will probably be the next one Leicester play, whenever that may be.

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

You don’t even know which game I watched lol

Okay well Bundesliga prides itself on the support from the crowd. So the spectacle is certainly better with fans and it adds something too. Take for example the Leipzig game with the possible last minute winner 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

55 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

There is a massive market for a n interactive fan product here to make some revenue, maybe and additional part of season ticket. Relatively low cost solution. 

The players here are looking a bit pathetic now, saying it's too early compared to when? Either play football or forfeit your pay, simple.

I am restarting after the bank holiday, if I dontvI will be heading for liquidation. Its that simple!

Same applies to the entire of Europe. All aiming for the same weekend. From the highest paid to the lowest paid. Are they all pathetic? 

Training is starting across the PL this week. Then it’s all about reviewing the scenario week to week. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Okay well Bundesliga prides itself on the support from the crowd. So the spectacle is certainly better with fans and it adds something too. Take for example the Leipzig game with the possible last minute winner 

Yeah I do agree. I went to Dortmund earlier this season for a game. Brilliant atmosphere! For me personally, I was just happy to see some live football of a decent standard (I did watch the BVB Shalke game). It was a bit flat but I find that’s the case when I’m watching teams who I’ve no affinity with. I honestly don’t think I’d have enjoyed it a great amount more had there been fans, probably a little bit but I generally just watch foreign football to pass some time, not for the spectacle. Also listening to McManaman banging on about the atmosphere (no doubt frequently comparing it to Anfield) would’ve become a bit tedious. 

Steve Bruce saying the players need till the end of June to get fully fit ..

Well his side do have a history of injuries!

I don't think that will wash as the players would have been working individually on their fitness.

Edited by Super_horns

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Same applies to the entire of Europe. All aiming for the same weekend. From the highest paid to the lowest paid. Are they all pathetic? 

Training is starting across the PL this week. Then it’s all about reviewing the scenario week to week. 

I think (some) of the players here are trying to delay for longer though, just excuses and more excuses.

Germany has proved it can be done, Italy and Spain are following. The Premier League will be left behind.

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Steve Bruce saying the players need till the end of June to get fully fit ..

Well his side do have a history of injuries!

I don't think that will wash as the players would have been working individually on their fitness.

Just excuses now. Get on with it or go on furlough pay till October. That's the choice. Unless a player or a close family member is vulnerable there is no excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think (some) of the players here are trying to delay for longer though, just excuses and more excuses.

Germany has proved it can be done, Italy and Spain are following. The Premier League will be left behind.

They are lined up to recommence on the same date as the Premier League. Some European leagues will commence as late as 21st or 28th June 

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Just excuses now. Get on with it or go on furlough pay till October. That's the choice. Unless a player or a close family member is vulnerable there is no excuse.

In Glenn Murray's he did say he lived with his father who has asthma but then guess lots of key workers could say that.

I wonder if some just don't fancy being away from their families for a long time if they aren't used to it.

On 14/05/2020 at 13:03, dsr-burnley said:

The police are a bunch of moaning nellies sometimes.  At Burnley, for example, they can close one road (the one they close on match days anyway) and two gates, and no-one can get within 50 yards of the place.  I believe your ground is similar.  So are many more.

They already have powers to disperse crowds and to issue fixed penalties to those who won't go away.  There will be no-one serving alcohol anywhere near the ground, there will be no noise coming from the ground, and they won't be able to watch it properly on TV.  If people do congregate, then they can remove safety certificates.  Why don't the police wait and see what happens and deal with it before they start waving their hands and shouting "I just can't cope"???

What they are are Really saying is.....they are Not es well organised as the German police,and that they can only organise Netball courts..!!!

48 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They are lined up to recommence on the same date as the Premier League. Some European leagues will commence as late as 21st or 28th June 

But the Premier League haven't agreed to restart yet, everyone is to busy whingeing.

Maybe we dont hear all the whingeing from Europe but they seem to be whining less than here.

36 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

In Glenn Murray's he did say he lived with his father who has asthma but then guess lots of key workers could say that.

I wonder if some just don't fancy being away from their families for a long time if they aren't used to it.

Some key workers are living in hotels in those circumstances. Now I believe if Glenn Murray wants to not play and stay home with his family, that is ok. He can be on full pay even if the rest of the Premier League is playing, if they dont restart the lot of them should be furloughed. I believe anyone within reason should be able to remain at home on full pay if they have vulnerable family members,  that is far from everyone though.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But the Premier League haven't agreed to restart yet, everyone is to busy whingeing.

Difference being we are two weeks behind Italy and Spain in the pandemic. And I don’t think it’s a certainty either of those leagues will start as planned. We just hear more about the PL cos it’s in our media every day 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Difference being we are two weeks behind Italy and Spain in the pandemic. And I don’t think it’s a certainty either of those leagues will start as planned. We just hear more about the PL cos it’s in our media every day 

Plus Germany hasn’t been as badly hit as Italy Spain and the U.K.

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'm surprised no-one's really mentioned pumping crowd noise into the venue via the speakers. Even just a bit of background noise would be quite nice.

If you wanted to make it interactive for fans, you could even have polls on Twitter for certain chants to be played (there will be audio out there). That then gives home advantage a bit more meaning by sort of giving home fans control over the 'atmosphere' created.

Yeah I've mentioned in a couple of other threads that it sounded ok in the K league when they pumped sound in.

• Like 1