Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

56 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Plus Germany hasn’t been as badly hit as Italy Spain and the U.K.

And why do you think that is? They have a bigger population. They are land linked to countries with covid, they have a high immigrant and migratory (as in vacationing) population ... 

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

And why do you think that is? They have a bigger population. They are land linked to countries with covid, they have a high immigrant and migratory (as in vacationing) population ... 

A lot more testing and critical care beds helped no doubt. Possibly a healthier population.

Not sure on the density of population throughout Germany, whether that has had an impact.

We have quite an unhealthy general population, Italy has and older population. Not sure about Spain.

It's hard to make comparisons really as so many variables. 

Either way footballers fall in the least at risk groups.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FIF said:

This is it, Germany has land borders with the worst hit countries, we are a island, they have a bigger population than us. 
Amazing the way the government drip feed that are we are a unhealthy population etc to justify us being the worst country to be hit by the virus.

We need our ministers like Gove, Rees mogg and Premeir league bosses to go Germany now and learn how they have done so well in dealing with the virus.

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/compare/germany/united-kingdom

If you lived in United Kingdom instead of Germany, you would:

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/country-size-comparison/germany/united-kingdom

Germany is about 1.5 times bigger than United Kingdom.

United Kingdom is approximately 243,610 sq km, while Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, making Germany 47% larger than United Kingdom. Meanwhile, the population of United Kingdom is ~64.4 million people (16.2 million more people live in Germany). We have positioned the outline of United Kingdom near the middle of Germany.

1 minute ago, chinna said:

This is it, Germany has land borders with the worst hit countries, we are a island, they have a bigger population than us. 
Amazing the way the government drip feed that are we are a unhealthy population etc to justify us being the worst country to be hit by the virus.

We need our ministers like Gove, Rees mogg and Premeir league bosses to go Germany now and learn how they have done so well in dealing with the virus.

Gove and Rees Mogg!!😂😂..

Better off sending Ant and Dec!!

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Thinking what happens if we get to about 2/3 weeks till the end and football had to stop ?

Do they just hold the positions and wait for it to restart again and it doesn't matter how long that takes ..

I think they would have to agree a contingency plan for a number of potential eventualities, such as the season permanently concluding the season midway through the restart if govt advice dictated it.

• Like 1

Re; the crowd noise. surely the tv companies could get say a thousand volunteers miked up who are watching at home, muffle it a bit so you can't make out what they're saying and overlay the sound on the match. A lot of people have microphones for web chats.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think they would have to agree a contingency plan for a number of potential eventualities, such as the season permanently concluding the season midway through the restart if govt advice dictated it.

That is fair but will the teams agree to that?

Lets say Chelsea drop out of the top 4 or the relegation places change will they accept that with 2/3 games left...

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That is fair but will the teams agree to that?

Lets say Chelsea drop out of the top 4 or the relegation places change will they accept that with 2/3 games left...

I reckon they'll have to sign up to something before we restart so personal agendas dont come into play.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Re; the crowd noise. surely the tv companies could get say a thousand volunteers miked up who are watching at home, muffle it a bit so you can make out what they're saying and overlay the sound on the match. A lot of people have microphones for web chats.

I would dislike this very much. Would rather it's kept how it is.

I can just imagine you'd get so much overlay and random comments and interference. Not to mention all the swearing that commentators will constantly spend time apologising for lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I would dislike this very much. Would rather it's kept how it is.

I can just imagine you'd get so much overlay and random comments and interference. Not to mention all the swearing that commentators will constantly spend time apologising for lol 

I did stay they'd have to muffle it a bit. Sky viewers wouldn't want to hear my missus calling me a tw@t lol 

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Thinking what happens if we get to about 2/3 weeks till the end and football had to stop ?

Do they just hold the positions and wait for it to restart again and it doesn't matter how long that takes ..

The main reason Brighton would rather the season end now.The pressure to stay out the bottom three each round of games will be even greater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Well what ever the why’s and where for’s,If England’s death rate was as low as Germany’s we would now be seeing football.BCD granted but there wouldn’t be so much dragging of feet.

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Troy Deeney coming up on GMB if you didn’t know.

Saw that  - surprised an Arsenal fan would want to speak to him after his comments about them !

He is worried about the testing and going back home to his family after games I think.

Are the tests going to be paid for by the clubs throgh private means so they won't take them away from the key workers ?

And I did read players might have to stay in hotels like camps although not sure what that would mean for the hotel staff ?

Presume they would have to be tested regularly..?

• Like 1

Players need to remember they are not being asked to play this weekend, the latest date I saw is 19th June? The picture could be better, or worse, by then. All they are doing at the minute is some socially distancing training, which if done correctly should be safe for them.

I get the health concerns for their families, particularly if they have vulnerable people in their households. If a player has a good reason not to play then that's fair enough but that doesn't mean that everyone else can't play.

Even if they did catch it, there would be no guarantee where they got it, unless there was a very obvious interaction with someone else who is infected.

• Like 2

Interesting point made last night by Simon Jorden former owner of palace  ,  he said that the pressure for football clubs was all about money as they needed to survive , but added that to survive financially was all about paying the high wages of footballers as that was the main cost.

If we respect their right not to work on safety grounds, should they not be drop down to £2500 max

per PCM like most people at home?    as he said they have refused to take a pay cut, is

it fair if they want it both ways???

• Like 2