Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

2 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Could UEFA not extend the European season for all nations in Europe to fall in line with the Qatar world cup in 2022 after all we have a sport that isn't suited to frozen pitches etc so why play when the weather is bad.

Ranieri suggested finishing this season upto November and then run next season from Feb to September finishing in time for the Qater world cup.

After that they could slowly reverse it back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Ranieri suggested finishing this season upto November and then run next season from Feb to September finishing in time for the Qater world cup.

After that they could slowly reverse it back.

There was outrage when they announced they had to move the World Cup to a winter period but this bloody virus has gone and made the whole move a bit more convenient. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There was outrage when they announced they had to move the World Cup to a winter period but this bloody virus has gone and made the whole move a bit more convenient. 

Be class watching the World Cup final whilst I’m wrapping my Christmas prezzies, then a full on bender for a week after England winning it. Then another 7 day Christmas bender. Win. 

• Haha 1

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I’m actually looking forward to English football coming back without fans.

Partly because it’s better than no football at all. I’d much rather hear what the players/coaches are saying than artificial crowd noise. I enjoy the day out and atmosphere as much as anyone, it’s great. I just think this’ll be unique, possibly a bit purist enjoying a more personal (albeit on TV) experience with the players and coaches.

I’m not saying it’ll be better than what we’re used to, but it’ll be fascinating in a different way. 

• Like 1

In F1 there is a rule where if a race cannot be completed then the race is basically void, unless more than 75% of it is completed and then half points are awarded. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a similar rule in football? It would save the shit show of legal action being taken by clubs who fall foul of whatever the outcome will be

10 hours ago, Walkers said:

In F1 there is a rule where if a race cannot be completed then the race is basically void, unless more than 75% of it is completed and then half points are awarded. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a similar rule in football? It would save the shit show of legal action being taken by clubs who fall foul of whatever the outcome will be

Football has a similar rule for individual matches doesn’t it. We’re talking about a season though not an individual match, so it’s completely different. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Football has a similar rule for individual matches doesn’t it. We’re talking about a season though not an individual match, so it’s completely different. 

Completely different yes but surely completely plausible? It looks like it may be more an issue lower down the leagues than in the PL supposing they manage to stumble across the line in the next few months, but all you've gotta do is look at Hearts in Scotland and the few French clubs that are appealing because they're the ones who have been shat on?

Obviously it's hard to imagine owners saying anything else but all they are bothered about are their own clubs, if West Ham were top of the PL they wouldn't be so vocal about voiding it, vice versa with Liverpool. There will be winners and losers from this and adding a rule that suggests x% of a season must be completed for it to be counted (can't think of a better word lol) that all teams agree to would stop this mess. Admittedly the rule would be a little more complex than that as the original issue was whether to try and complete the season by eating into next season etc.

16 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

No, individual matches that are not finished are treated as abandoned unless the league decides to let the result stand.  There is no hard and fast rule about what will be let stand; but two matches abandoned at half time on the last day of the season, the Bradford fire and the Blackpool Oyston protests, were allowed to stand (at least partly because they made no footballing difference).  Denis Law scored 6 in a cup tie v Huddersfield that was abandoned with not long left; it had to be replayed.

On 22/05/2020 at 11:38, Leeds Fox said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I’m actually looking forward to English football coming back without fans.

Partly because it’s better than no football at all. I’d much rather hear what the players/coaches are saying than artificial crowd noise. I enjoy the day out and atmosphere as much as anyone, it’s great. I just think this’ll be unique, possibly a bit purist enjoying a more personal (albeit on TV) experience with the players and coaches.

I’m not saying it’ll be better than what we’re used to, but it’ll be fascinating in a different way. 

Take it from a dude compelled to watch a lot of youth and female football tournaments, football before empty stands with coaches yelling instructions and encouragement from the sidelines totally BLOWS!!

Edited by NaijaFox

A Bournemouth player tested positive for COVID19 in the latest round of testing.

Before Germany, Spain and Italy had their 'green lights' to go ahead, how many players/staff tested positive? Was it as small a number as PL have had in these rounds of testing? Or none at all?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

A Bournemouth player tested positive for COVID19 in the latest round of testing.

Before Germany, Spain and Italy had their 'green lights' to go ahead, how many players/staff tested positive? Was it as small a number as PL have had in these rounds of testing? Or none at all?

Germany had two clubs affected across the two divisions. I think was three affected each time. 

• Like 1

AGF Aarhus: Danish Superliga club create virtual grandstand for fans to watch game on Zoom

AGF Aarhus

Staying in touch with friends and family, business meetings and quizzes - video calls have become a key part of life during the coronavirus pandemic.

And now Danish Superliga club AGF Aarhus are using the technology to bring 10,000 fans to the side of their pitch, despite the season being played behind closed doors when it restarts on Thursday.

At their home game against Randers, AGF will install a giant screen along the side of the pitch, creating what they call "the world's first virtual grandstand" so fans can support the team for free via Zoom - there will even be a section for away fans.

"It's about creating an atmosphere around the game so that the players will see that they have the support from the city even though there are no supporters in the stands," the project's co-ordinator Soren Carlsen told BBC World Service's Mani Djazmi.

"They will hear it, they will feel it and see it on this big screen alongside the pitch."

Carlsen says the idea came from a Danish TV show where artists sing from home and viewers join in via video link.

Three screens have been joined together to make a giant 40x2.8m screen with space for 200 fan images at a time. There will be 22 different sections for fans to choose from and TV coverage of the match will incorporate the virtual supporters.

"It will go alongside the pitch opposite the cameras, so the television station will also incorporate this in the coverage of the game," Carlsen added.

"For instance, you often cut to the spectators when you have a goal. Here, you will cut to the homes of our supporters and then you'll see them celebrate the goal whilst the players run alongside this screen.

"We have only had positive feedback from our fans and also from Randers who will have their own away stand in the virtual stadium.

"It's an opportunity for them to get a sense of the community that they experience around football because it's also about meeting people at the stadium, and here you'll get a chance to meet some of the people that you are usually sitting with during the games.

"We will see how it turns out Thursday night, and if it's fun and it's working then maybe we will do it again at the next game."

Any abusive language will result in expulsion from the meeting by a moderator.

"The same rule goes for Zoom as it does at the stadium," added Carlsen. "We will have some digital stewards and they will be monitoring it, just like the social media platforms at the club. So they can make sure that you don't see anything that you're not supposed to see, and you don't hear any profanities."

AGF are by no means the first club to try new ways to create an atmosphere behind closed doors.

Fellow Danish side FC Midtjylland are installing a drive-in screen at their stadium, while clubs around the world have used cardboard cutouts of fans to fill stadiums.

While in South Korea, FC Seoul were fined for filling empty seats with 'sex dolls'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52782033

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

AGF Aarhus: Danish Superliga club create virtual grandstand for fans to watch game on Zoom

AGF Aarhus

Staying in touch with friends and family, business meetings and quizzes - video calls have become a key part of life during the coronavirus pandemic.

And now Danish Superliga club AGF Aarhus are using the technology to bring 10,000 fans to the side of their pitch, despite the season being played behind closed doors when it restarts on Thursday.

At their home game against Randers, AGF will install a giant screen along the side of the pitch, creating what they call "the world's first virtual grandstand" so fans can support the team for free via Zoom - there will even be a section for away fans.

"It's about creating an atmosphere around the game so that the players will see that they have the support from the city even though there are no supporters in the stands," the project's co-ordinator Soren Carlsen told BBC World Service's Mani Djazmi.

"They will hear it, they will feel it and see it on this big screen alongside the pitch."

Carlsen says the idea came from a Danish TV show where artists sing from home and viewers join in via video link.

Three screens have been joined together to make a giant 40x2.8m screen with space for 200 fan images at a time. There will be 22 different sections for fans to choose from and TV coverage of the match will incorporate the virtual supporters.

"It will go alongside the pitch opposite the cameras, so the television station will also incorporate this in the coverage of the game," Carlsen added.

"For instance, you often cut to the spectators when you have a goal. Here, you will cut to the homes of our supporters and then you'll see them celebrate the goal whilst the players run alongside this screen.

"We have only had positive feedback from our fans and also from Randers who will have their own away stand in the virtual stadium.

"It's an opportunity for them to get a sense of the community that they experience around football because it's also about meeting people at the stadium, and here you'll get a chance to meet some of the people that you are usually sitting with during the games.

"We will see how it turns out Thursday night, and if it's fun and it's working then maybe we will do it again at the next game."

Any abusive language will result in expulsion from the meeting by a moderator.

"The same rule goes for Zoom as it does at the stadium," added Carlsen. "We will have some digital stewards and they will be monitoring it, just like the social media platforms at the club. So they can make sure that you don't see anything that you're not supposed to see, and you don't hear any profanities."

AGF are by no means the first club to try new ways to create an atmosphere behind closed doors.

Fellow Danish side FC Midtjylland are installing a drive-in screen at their stadium, while clubs around the world have used cardboard cutouts of fans to fill stadiums.

While in South Korea, FC Seoul were fined for filling empty seats with 'sex dolls'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52782033

Brilliant idea. 

Absolutely no one is going to abuse that. 

13 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Thats a joke right🤨

He was sarcastically responding to a tweet suggesting the Watford players were deliberately testing positive to avoid relegation.

Neil Peter

@Neil1889

Replying to

@SkySportsNews

"I’ve never had much opinion either way about Watford before this but they have behaved despicably throughout this all situation, the tactics employed to try to avoid a relegation are ridiculously transparent. I’d be embarrassed if I was a Watford supporter"

I'd be more embarrassed to be as stupid as Neil.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1