Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

In fairness that's a handful of players (in some cases multiple offenders) out of more than 500 PL footballers. 

Without a doubt mate, just pointing out they're about as smart and responsible as your average childlol

We've gone a long way from my original point anyway, which was as usual the Scousers are happy to be hypocrites:sweating:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

In fairness that's a handful of players (in some cases multiple offenders) out of more than 500 PL footballers. 

It only took a few to spread the virus worldwide....

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Without a doubt mate, just pointing out they're about as smart and responsible as your average childlol

We've gone a long way from my original point anyway, which was as usual the Scousers are happy to be hypocrites:sweating:

22 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

It only took a few to spread the virus worldwide....

I'm tremendously bored and looking for a fight to distract me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

This means Leeds and West Brom will be promoted even if season isn't finished ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758193

Norwich said they would not be happy with promotion if the season is not finished. I don't really get their argument though - if  they play the full season and get relegated because they have not been good enough, then stopping others coming up seems petty.

Like us they just don't want to go down so coming up with reasons to either cancel the season or delay things.

Although I do think Deeney would have said what he did even if we were mid table etc as that was a personal choice for himself and we know he isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Like us they just don't want to go down so coming up with reasons to either cancel the season or delay things.

Although I do think Deeney would have said what he did even if we were mid table etc as that was a personal choice for himself and we know he isn't afraid to speak his mind.

I’m sort of torn on the Deeney saga.

You can’t really diss the guy as he’s just looking after his family. But if everyone in nhs had his attitude, we would all be in big trouble. 

Its not ideal for him, but surely a couple of months away from his family is worth the cash he’ll be getting. I support his freedom of choice, but if he doesn’t go in, he shouldn’t be getting a penny. 

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Silly argument. You can't guarantee anything. By that logic I should jump off my 4th floor balcony for the thrill because there's no guarantee it'd kill me.

How do you think my work would respond if I said I wasn't coming in as I couldn't guarantee I won't get run over on the way?

Anybody that has bothered to do any reading on Covid could tell you that the fit and healthy are at a minimal risk of being affected badly by it. Especially when not exposed to a large viral load, which Danny Rose would not be if he were to follow the guidelines and not gather with team mates in large groups indoors.

Maybe a stretch to expect others to appreciate nuance, though, so my bad.

Because getting hit by a car is totally irrelevant to a global pandemic. Have you ever come to the thought that it’s not just about the individual? 

Sorry, I haven't got the patience to read through the whole thread, so apologies if it's already been said. Isn't the obvious answer to get all footballers to stay together and not go home until the season has finished? They keep their families safe, get paid, clubs complete the season so meet their obligations and everyone can stay safe - Unless they bugger off and have a party like some of the players have done!

Considering the front line staff that didn't sign up to being at risk - even shop workers, it's hardly a hardship is it to stay away from their families in a protected environment and no doubt get all the luxuries they could wish for whilst doing so.

Edited by holyfox

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Because getting hit by a car is totally irrelevant to a global pandemic. Have you ever come to the thought that it’s not just about the individual? 

Danny Rose literally cited his own health.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

You aren't risking your health for people's entertainment, you're being asked to return so the season can be completed and clubs won't need to pay back huge amounts of money for curtailing the campaign. Most of the money goes on player wages.

I completely understand player concerns but it is not presently practical to just stop playing indefinitely as income will need to be paid back, no new revenue will be generated and players remain on full salary.

A collective pay cut or deferral would've eased a lot of the problems in terms of the urgency for the season resuming.

Exactly. Can't have it both ways. 

10 hours ago, holyfox said:

Sorry, I haven't got the patience to read through the whole thread, so apologies if it's already been said. Isn't the obvious answer to get all footballers to stay together and not go home until the season has finished? They keep their families safe, get paid, clubs complete the season so meet their obligations and everyone can stay safe - Unless they bugger off and have a party like some of the players have done!

Considering the front line staff that didn't sign up to being at risk - even shop workers, it's hardly a hardship is it to stay away from their families in a protected environment and no doubt get all the luxuries they could wish for whilst doing so.

It is but for whatever reason its not been done in this way.

20 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - maybe more to it that meets the eye with his situation.

I think he did say he wasn't bothered about being paid but guess that is easy to say now!

I quite agree many millions less wealthy have had to work throughout this.

19 hours ago, Corky said:

You aren't risking your health for people's entertainment, you're being asked to return so the season can be completed and clubs won't need to pay back huge amounts of money for curtailing the campaign. Most of the money goes on player wages.

I completely understand player concerns but it is not presently practical to just stop playing indefinitely as income will need to be paid back, no new revenue will be generated and players remain on full salary.

A collective pay cut or deferral would've eased a lot of the problems in terms of the urgency for the season resuming.

18 hours ago, holyfox said:

At the moment..in a free sprach society, some players have given their views. The 'headliners' belong Making to the BAME vulnerable group..

Most importantly,their employees understand their dilemas & at present with the known science agree with them...

Yes I do believe,the players themselves might have to think hard,about how they discuss their incomes,in the very near future...but lets be fair many have already

been Quoted they were willing to lose a certain percentage of their wages,and have already donated( outside their normal Charity donations of time & money),

Large amount of their Wages to some Organisation or other...

I do believe One can be rather  flippant when criticising ,any of the players,especially when demanding how,why-for,and when they should be featuring to

" their considered" normality of life.....We are still politically,scientifically,society-wise, still in the middle of this,the unknowns still abound...

Why arent some of you fighting for your right to return to work..!!!  ( Silly and crazy thought...but!!  )

Using  the Great Unique attitude of the NHS/Essential workers,to Grind out a point and push an opinion,on others,is IMHO well out of form...

Edited by fuchsntf

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Cars cause far more worldwide deaths than Covid19 both directly and through pollution. If we are thinking about the safety of people they should be banned.

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Danny Rose literally cited his own health.

Does he realise that he doesn't play football for our entertainment but for the very large salary that he is paid. I have no problem with him not playing but then he should retire and not expect his salary.

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's just hurtful.

8e5kd.jpg?a441576

Looks like it will have to be the fight then....un-starched cigarette papers at 10 paces OK? but please don't wear that frock, it's embarrassing.

Edited by norwichfox