Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Strangely enough some of the Liverpool fans I know are up in arms at the fact schools are going back 'they're risking the lives of our children', but are more than happy for the Prem to resume ASAP.

:whistle:

Thats the city of Liverpool for ya!

10 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Thats the city of Liverpool for ya!

They will get the title regardless.

Its the teams who miss out on Europe or get relegated  I'd feel

most sorry for if the league cannot be completed.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I assume there was some furore about my Deeney comment as it's all been deleted, as have two replies.

Strange how I can suggest Sean Dyche has covid19 cos he's got a rough voice and nobody bats an eyelid.

Weirdly I have previously posted on FT, if I was in a lift with Hitler, Gordon Taylor and a gun with one bullet in it, I would shot Hitler and pistol whip Taylor to death.

Which seems to be fine. :dunno:

I thought you just asked if he was the one who had it TBH..

Troy has been called a lot of things on Twitter etc.

Good job he won't care too much !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kante didn’t turn up to training on Day 2 over safety concerns regards Covid19

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Footballers barbers are gonna be raking it in when they open back up (yes that is Kante with hair)

6E3F440D-D509-46CE-929B-10D9675187DA.jpeg

Unless he's training in a park then, someone's lyinglol

6 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They will get the title regardless.

Its the teams who miss out on Europe or get relegated  I'd feel

most sorry for if the league cannot be completed.

For me you ether play all the remain games or totally void the season, the only way to be fair on every team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That wasn't my actual quote.

I mean the evidence at the moment (from what we've gathered) seems to point to children not being affected by this virus. Additionally education is vital, whereas playing football isn't IMO.

But I think it won't be long till we're back to normal, as we should be.

The evidence most certainly does not point to that.  There aren't that many cases of children being seriously ill (though there are disturbing exceptions, with clusters of unexplained COVID-related symptoms that have caused deaths among children) but all evidence suggests that children are infected at just as high a rate as adults.  Which also means they're spreaders at just as high a rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

For me you ether play all the remain games or totally void the season, the only way to be fair on every team.

The priority must be to finish this season and worry about the next season once this one is completed. If you cant guarantee finishing this one how can you guarantee starting the next.

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The evidence most certainly does not point to that.  There aren't that many cases of children being seriously ill (though there are disturbing exceptions, with clusters of unexplained COVID-related symptoms that have caused deaths among children) but all evidence suggests that children are infected at just as high a rate as adults.  Which also means they're spreaders at just as high a rate.

Being as likely to be infected doesn't necessarily mean that you are as likely to spread it.  Viruses don't use human logic; several tests suggest that children do not spread it - an Icelandic one in particular found that there was no case in Iceland of any child passing coronavirus onto its parents.

Edited by dsr-burnley

On 18/05/2020 at 08:54, Super_horns said:

Saw that  - surprised an Arsenal fan would want to speak to him after his comments about them !

He is worried about the testing and going back home to his family after games I think.

Are the tests going to be paid for by the clubs throgh private means so they won't take them away from the key workers ?

And I did read players might have to stay in hotels like camps although not sure what that would mean for the hotel staff ?

Presume they would have to be tested regularly..?

What should be happening is something like this, I dont know why the EPL cant do something so simple.

1 - players tested individually.

2 - Players positive go into isolation take no part on squad activities.

3 - players negative, meet up with rest of square who tested negative.

4 - same done for match officials and other personel involved with games.

5 - accommodation secured for the remainder of the season, personel isolated from rest of society.

6 - everyone retested before every game.

7 - when all games played, quarantined for another 2 weeks, then can go back to home life.

No risk to families.this is safe protocol, I think germany league is using hotels for staff?

But EPL it seems is letting players go home after every training session, relying on people to be sensible.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 09:26, Ricey said:

Tests are are paid for by the Premier League using a separate company and system to the government.

I wonder, if the rest of the season doesn't go ahead, whether these players worried about bringing the virus home would stay at home and not go out to the shops, cinemas and bars that will no doubt be open by then. That will provide much greater risk than playing football within a highly sterilised outdoor environment, only amongst people who are tested 2/3 times a week.

I get the concerns, but ultimately we've all been told to go back to work and get the economy moving. Not many of the population will get the luxuries of testing and social distancing that footballers will.

You said it very well.

I find it hard to believe all these footballers are staying in their house 24/7 isolated from the outside world.  Too many have been caught already to know that its not happening.

On 19/05/2020 at 15:36, jamfox said:

Interesting point made last night by Simon Jorden former owner of palace  ,  he said that the pressure for football clubs was all about money as they needed to survive , but added that to survive financially was all about paying the high wages of footballers as that was the main cost.

If we respect their right not to work on safety grounds, should they not be drop down to £2500 max

per PCM like most people at home?    as he said they have refused to take a pay cut, is

it fair if they want it both ways???

What I found so bad about this, is that there is fans defending the players stance of both not working "and" being on full pay.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2020 at 18:28, simFox said:

Won't the people who they've come into contact with have to isolate too? Could end up being loads.

Thats the crunch point.

These players were meant to be self isolating as part of their agreement with their employers, so should not be a long list of people of contacts, if there is, then they have breached guidelines.

Also these tests should be carried out before players meet up with each other so it shouldnt require any delay of training.

Positive results in this situation is expected and normal, I would be concerned if we got positive results on previously clean players after matches resumed, as that would mean the safety protocols arent adequate but only then, not now.

23 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I guess if people are losing money and jobs they won't be worried too much about paying for Sky with others concerns on their mind so Sky probably  wouldn't want the bad PR of increasing their fee - certainly not in the short term.

I think players and their agents might be in for a nasty shock ..

Less money into their pockets.

This is the outcome if football doesnt resume, they will be in for a shock as they seem to think in their own little bubble that there is unlimited money to pay them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Strangely enough some of the Liverpool fans I know are up in arms at the fact schools are going back 'they're risking the lives of our children', but are more than happy for the Prem to resume ASAP.

:whistle:

To be fair the two arent comparable.

One is lab conditions safety of adults playing sport on a large outdoor pitch.

The other is kids running a mock in a classroom, not being tested, and been exposed to different people on a daily basis.

A bit like the argument where someone claims a gym is as safe as resuming EPL football, not remotely comparable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The priority must be to finish this season and worry about the next season once this one is completed. If you cant guarantee finishing this one how can you guarantee starting the next.

I agree the problem is UEFA have set deadlines for all domestic league to finish, at some point the decision maybe take out of the PL hands.

My point wasn't about whether we should or shouldn't finish the season, rather if for some reason it can't be is the only fair solution for all team involved is to void the season. 

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Void isnt fair, it favours the teams who have had a bad 3/4 of a season.

It would only be fair if you forwarded the results into a following season, also it would cause complete chaos as advertisers would need to be paid back, tv companies paid back, clubs would go to courts (and rightfully so), players contracts would be in chaos as well, appearance bonuses, and addon fees two things come to mind.

No professional league will void their season.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree the problem is UEFA have set deadlines for all domestic league to finish, at some point the decision maybe take out of the PL hands.

My point wasn't about whether we should or shouldn't finish the season, rather if for some reason it can't be is the only fair solution for all team involved is to void the season. 

Yes its a can of worms for sure, i wouldn't be surprised to see legal actions. 🤔