Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

A request to help me fill the LCFC void

1 minute ago, Lester4Leicester said:

I've read enough Foxestalk to suspect that In the ongoing plastic/real fan debate I'd probably be considered by many to be the former. 

Despite developing a true passion for the club, taking time to read the written history and having familial ties to the region, I only started following the club closely at the start of the 2014-15 promotion season. I was hooked from day one but there ya go. I'm also a Yank who has only played the game for a few years at the youth level.

Therefore in a (perhaps futile) effort to unplactic myself I've decided to fill this live game void with as many classic Foxes games as I can. 

All that said, would you all be so kind as to give me some suggestions for your favorite games ever prior to 2014. 

Thank you and stay well!

Beating Derby 4-1 in the promotion campaign 

Forest away to get into the playoffs at their expense 

Really odd one but beating QPR 1-0 away in our promotion campaign. Sort of knew from then on we were going up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lester4Leicester said:

I've read enough Foxestalk to suspect that In the ongoing plastic/real fan debate I'd probably be considered by many to be the former. 

Despite developing a true passion for the club, taking time to read the written history and having familial ties to the region, I only started following the club closely at the start of the 2014-15 promotion season. I was hooked from day one but there ya go. I'm also a Yank who has only played the game for a few years at the youth level.

Therefore in a (perhaps futile) effort to unplactic myself I've decided to fill this live game void with as many classic Foxes games as I can. 

All that said, would you all be so kind as to give me some suggestions for your favorite games ever prior to 2014. 

Thank you and stay well!

Start with Shrewsbury visiting Filbert St I. The FA Cup, work your way up to Being 4-0 up away at derby before half time and visit Leicester 3 - 3 Arsenal on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Derby play off final 94

3 cup finals in  4 years 

spurs last game at filbert street

forest away last game of the season that made us creep in the play offs, 

2014 promotion burnley away chris wood 

2015 man u home relegation survival 

Seville at home absolutely fantastic night, nothing come’s close to that night at the new ground

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Really odd one but beating QPR 1-0 away in our promotion campaign. Sort of knew from then on we were going up

Plus where else can you see Nugent chase tree rodents lol

4 hours ago, Lester4Leicester said:

Thank you and stay well!

any body that follows us, is welcome, we all started from from some where, look at the lows, league one 2009, then to the play off finals 1992,1993,1994, 1996, then league cups finals 1997, 1999, 2000 

Pre-2014/15 season!

Here we go, just a few...:

Leicester 1-0 Leeds - Steve Howard heading in late on to all but confirm promotion to Championship

Leicester 4-1 Derby - De Laet surging forward, Nugent & Vardy causing havoc

Leicester 3-2 Tottenham - FA Cup 3rd round (?) in 2005. We were shocking in the Championship between 2004 and 2008. Spurs were flying high. To beat them with out underwhelming squad with a last minute De Vries winner was very sweet.

Forest 2-3 Leicester - I didn't go to this but it's an historic game for what it led to and how we got to the play-offs. Last day of the season, no win since February. Last-minute winner over your rivals in any circumstance is always good! Even better when you end up in the play-offs as a  result.

Leicester 4-0 Leeds - Sept 2003. The season was shite but this was a highlight. Nalis left-foot volley wonder-goal 

Leicester 2-1 Tottenham - last game ever at Filbert Street. Matt Piper with the final ever goal there. 
Leicester 3-3 Arsenal - August 1997. Hard to imagine that when it's 2-1 before stoppage time there's still time for 3 more goals lol. Dennis Bergkamp also scoring one of the greatest PL hat-tricks with some silky skills.

Leicester 2-1 Tranmere - the last ever League Cup final at the old Wembley won by the Foxes. Matt Elliott with 2 very similar headed goals to win the trophy for us. 

Leicester 5-2 Sunderland - Collymore hat-trick on debut. Some scrappy goals. A worldie. Just a week after the above League Cup game.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I felt the same about that QPR game, they were money bags at the time and though they were unbeatable, we played well and beat them on their own patch.

The best part of the game is when the ref stopped play because of a squirrel on the pitch, it wouldn't move until Nugent chased it off lol, he also scored the winner! Legend!

13 minutes ago, TWUKO said:

I felt the same about that QPR game, they were money bags at the time and though they were unbeatable, we played well and beat them on their own patch.

The best part of the game is when the ref stopped play because of a squirrel on the pitch, it wouldn't move until Nugent chased it off lol, he also scored the winner! Legend!

Nah I'm thinking of the one where Nuge flicked it on to Vardy who took one touch to take it around the defender and smashed it in far post. Sure that was the squirrel game though