Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

A request to help me fill the LCFC void

Thommo's equaliser against Swindon at Wembley remains the purest joy I've felt to see a goal go in. (Followed of course by heartbreak).

Going back to prehistory there's the Shrewsbury cup match (3 goalies) and the best match ever at Filbert St - Man City cup replay in 68. Doubt if even YouTube's invasive library has a record of that one. You'll have to take my word for it unfortunately. But bliss it was that night to be alive and a Leicester fan!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I remember going one years ago when there was a massive pitch invasion. 

91/92 final day of the season. Automatic promotion was still on for us, they needed something to stay up. Think it finished 2-2 with a late Walshie own goal. Never understood why one of the fans stood by the post didn't clear it as it trickled in! 

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

Forest away 3-2 to get in play offs. 

This also one of my favourite away days 

This game was massive, every Leicester supporter knew we had done enough for promotion after a decade out the premier league, with this win against 2nd place burnley, who were also in good form

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

This game was massive, every Leicester supporter knew we had done enough for promotion after a decade out the premier league, with this win against 2nd place burnley, who were also in good form

The goals weren’t bad either 

• Like 1

3-2 v Tottenham in 2006- I know comeback wins against Tottenham have been pretty recent (and memorable) but that one was remarkable. Three very maligned players turning around a 2-0 deficit against a team who nearly reached the Champions League during a run of six league defeats which sent us into the Championship relegation zone and lost us a manager.

19 hours ago, Lester4Leicester said:

I've read enough Foxestalk to suspect that In the ongoing plastic/real fan debate I'd probably be considered by many to be the former. 

Despite developing a true passion for the club, taking time to read the written history and having familial ties to the region, I only started following the club closely at the start of the 2014-15 promotion season. I was hooked from day one but there ya go. I'm also a Yank who has only played the game for a few years at the youth level.

Therefore in a (perhaps futile) effort to unplactic myself I've decided to fill this live game void with as many classic Foxes games as I can. 

All that said, would you all be so kind as to give me some suggestions for your favorite games ever prior to 2014. 

Thank you and stay well!

A noble way of filling the void. Lots of my favourites have already been said so I’m thinking outside the box.

My recommendations are strange ones as they came in dire seasons in which we were relegated.

Both 4-4 Draws.

Villa (A) 94/95 season - We salvaged a 4-4 draw from 3-0 and 4-1 down in dramatic style. One of the most thrilling away days. 

Spurs (A) 03/04 season - Complete see-saw match with lots of twists and turns. An own goal. A red card.

Enjoy.

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It was amazing, it was also 4 -0 not 2-0.

Whatever happened to fan cam?

Yeah it was 4 just loved the way he said Leicester 2 dirty Leeds nil lol should bring fancam back, would of loved to of seen a Watford fan shouting in a scousers face at 3-0

16 hours ago, tom27111 said:

91/92 final day of the season. Automatic promotion was still on for us, they needed something to stay up. Think it finished 2-2 with a late Walshie own goal. Never understood why one of the fans stood by the post didn't clear it as it trickled in! 

That was a mental day

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lester4Leicester said:

I've read enough Foxestalk to suspect that In the ongoing plastic/real fan debate I'd probably be considered by many to be the former. 

Despite developing a true passion for the club, taking time to read the written history and having familial ties to the region, I only started following the club closely at the start of the 2014-15 promotion season. I was hooked from day one but there ya go. I'm also a Yank who has only played the game for a few years at the youth level.

Therefore in a (perhaps futile) effort to unplactic myself I've decided to fill this live game void with as many classic Foxes games as I can. 

All that said, would you all be so kind as to give me some suggestions for your favorite games ever prior to 2014. 

Thank you and stay well!

I don’t think you’re a plastic, as long as you only support LCFC