Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Old games in full

Does anyone know of anyway I can watch Old city games in full? Specifically this season, 15/16 and any of the champions League nights? I like many of you are missing my football fix and fancy having a few beers and watching some games this weekend.

If anyone has files of the games feel free to message me and I can look at putting them on YouTube unlisted (to avoid copyright issues) and then share them with any foxestalkers that wants the link.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This site is good.

We've just gone 2-0 up away at Man City, Mahrez has just scored a worldie. Hopefully we can hang on and go on to win the league.

Yeah it's class, I've recently watched all England's Italia 90 games which although some were complete dross was great to experience again.

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Found the 1986 Everton Xmas away game the other week on YouTube.Filmed from the opposite stand,which gives it a different perspective.Don’t know if the commentary was added on but it’s very authentic.

I saw a bit of that. And I reckoned that as Everton were showing it added to the fact that we won around a total of three top flight away games in the entire 1980s, it wasn't going to go too well for us.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Found the 1986 Everton Xmas away game the other week on YouTube.Filmed from the opposite stand,which gives it a different perspective.Don’t know if the commentary was added on but it’s very authentic.

I suppose I could try watching some old matches - the 1980's for me were merely a time when I had to watch the rugby, instead, whenever my Dad felt like it :P  (Not that I mind rugby, too, but still...)

3 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

51 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I saw a bit of that. And I reckoned that as Everton were showing it added to the fact that we won around a total of three top flight away games in the entire 1980s, it wasn't going to go too well for us.

I was at this match. We were absolutely woeful. Everton absolutely thrashed us.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

8pm today 

sky sports main event.  Lcfc v mufc 5-3

sky sports           STFC v LCFC 0-9

which to watch, which to record .......

@Webbo

• Like 1

On 14/04/2020 at 16:08, Leicester_Loyal said:

This site is good.

We've just gone 2-0 up away at Man City, Mahrez has just scored a worldie. Hopefully we can hang on and go on to win the league.

Haha - just watched this after you posted it...one of my favourite games of the season for a number of reasons.

Obviously the win, but the you can see the belief and confidence in the players as the match progresses, and the absolute disbelief in the Man City players. 

Probably one of the last games of that season that I enjoyed watching as well...was a fvcking nervous wreck from that game onwards  :shutup:

• Like 1

How was that team bottom of the league for five months? 

Vardy's performance was sensational, though it was never a first penalty.

The atmosphere was incredible and amazingly didn't need folded cardboard to enhance it.

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

The atmosphere was incredible and amazingly didn't need folded cardboard to enhance it.

Konchesky at LB .....

needed bobby huth to help wes .....

we kept fiddling around with the formation .... eventually we stumbled upon the answer ......

36 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think after 80% of games I came out of the ground asking how the hell we didn’t get anything out of it. Played well for good periods but couldn’t put any of it into grinding results out. 

• Like 2

Just watching that united game and for how good Vardy was, if Pearson was there the season after (15/16), would Vardy would still be playing out wide. I don't think Pearson saw him as a player who could play as a lone striker at this level. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shailen said:

Just watching that united game and for how good Vardy was, if Pearson was there the season after (15/16), would Vardy would still be playing out wide. I don't think Pearson saw him as a player who could play as a lone striker at this level. 

I've said this before, Pearson didn't free his game up like Ranieri did and laid the foundations for him to be one of the best strikers in Europe. That said, Vardy tended to take a season to acclimatise at both Championship and then Prem level so Pearson may have managed to get him scoring regularly in the Prem and he did sign Okazaki before being sacked.

• Like 2

Watching that game again made it all the more surprising Vardy took so long to adapt properly to this level. Everything about his game was evident there- pace, aggression, quality, composure at key moments, yet it was another six months before he started to show it regularly. He puts chances away like that one for fun now.

Also glad it wasn't a memorable flash in the pan game where we have an extraordinary game then disappear back to where we'd come from. It had a good ending.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Watching that game again made it all the more surprising Vardy took so long to adapt properly to this level. Everything about his game was evident there- pace, aggression, quality, composure at key moments, yet it was another six months before he started to show it regularly. He puts chances away like that one for fun now.

Also glad it wasn't a memorable flash in the pan game where we have an extraordinary game then disappear back to where we'd come from. It had a good ending.

Pearson liked to stack his squad with good forwards, rotate accordingly and occasionally stick them out wide. In that season we had Nugent, Ulloa, Vardy and Wood, then brought in Kramaric in the January. In the Championship we had Vardy, Nugent, Phillips, Wood and GTF in the squad at the same time.

But once Vardy became the main man through the middle that was it. He seems to flourish when he's given responsibility and feels he has the confidence of his coaches. If not for Harry Kane I'm convinced he'd have scored a load of goals for England too.

Could this thread be pinned? Sky and bt showing re runs of loads of old matches. When I upgraded to sky+ I lost all the champions league games.  Would be great to have them back all in 1 place    if anybody sees any city games on the schedule they can post on here.  But that link is rather good 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've said this before, Pearson didn't free his game up like Ranieri did and laid the foundations for him to be one of the best strikers in Europe. That said, Vardy tended to take a season to acclimatise at both Championship and then Prem level so Pearson may have managed to get him scoring regularly in the Prem and he did sign Okazaki before being sacked.

Couldn't agree more, and under Pearson I always felt that Nugent was a leading figure in the squad and I think it was Ranieri's decision to let Nugent go. If Pearson had stayed, I'm sure Nugent would have as well and with Okazaki, Ulloa and Kramaric, Vardy may have found it difficult to start that season as the main man up front. 

I'd like to think that even if Pearson had stayed, Vardy would have eventually broken through as our leading man but I personally never saw him as an out and out number 9 until Ranieri came in. 

• Like 1