Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Look our play depends on having a world class full back.

If we lose Chilwell we better have some one exceptional lined up or we're in trouble.

Was Ricardo the real deal when you bought him? How was he bed in? Thanks.

I’m not too fussed if he goes as long as we get some decent money for him.

If he does go I will miss watching him run the ball out of play under no pressure at least three time’s a game.

I like the look of Thomas and would much prefer us bring in a stopgap signing so not to stunt his development.

I’ll get shot down for this but could see us doing a lot worse than Rose/Bertrand/Taylor to see us through a couple of years before Thomas is ready. Unless a serious upgrade is available for decent money with sell on value.

Alternatively I’d be happy with JJ playing there as long as a backup RB is brought in. 

If the Chilwell money is what we have to play with i’d rather us spend it on some wingers. 

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

He tried to force a move to Liverpool a while back and failed, ended up signing a new contract.

Interesting, must assume then that any bid, if there was even a bid, was below our requirement? Before Robertson I assume.

Side fact. Robertson has a son called Rocco.

• Haha 1

Hopefully he does hand in a request if we intend to sell. Will forego any loyalty bonus that way.

If Chelsea want him, we should look at Marc Cucurella from Getafe. They exercised their option to buy in March but would surely sell for a hefty profit. I don't believe they are in Europe so he might be tempted.

Jose Gaya might be available too as Valencia try to balance the books.

Edited by wardyfox86

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He tried to force a move to Liverpool a while back and failed, ended up signing a new contract.

That was after his Huddersfield loan?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’m not too fussed if he goes as long as we get some decent money for him.

If he does go I will miss watching him run the ball out of play under no pressure at least three time’s a game.

I like the look of Thomas and would much prefer us bring in a stopgap signing so not to stunt his development.

I’ll get shot down for this but could see us doing a lot worse than Rose/Bertrand/Taylor to see us through a couple of years before Thomas is ready. Unless a serious upgrade is available for decent money with sell on value.

Alternatively I’d be happy with JJ playing there as long as a backup RB is brought in. 

If the Chilwell money is what we have to play with i’d rather us spend it on some wingers. 

Who is Taylor?

I don't want this dragging on throughout pre season like the Maguire transfer last season, let's get it done and a replacement in.

Obviously our asking price need to be met of course.

Also, Nizaar Kinsella (who is a pretty reliable journalist for chelsea... i am a chelsea fan), just said that chelsea´s absolute priority at the left back position is Chilwell, and are hopeful that a transfer request might soften Leicester´s stance on Chilwell.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-maintain-focused-on-chilwell-with-no-left-back/x4s8nh268z0i1no2j55d87511

4 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Also, Nizaar Kinsella (who is a pretty reliable journalist for chelsea... i am a chelsea fan), just said that chelsea´s absolute priority at the left back position is Chilwell, and are hopeful that a transfer request might soften Leicester´s stance on Chilwell.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-maintain-focused-on-chilwell-with-no-left-back/x4s8nh268z0i1no2j55d87511

It likely won't. Mahrez did and used to sit in airport terminals on deadline day, yet we got the £60mill we wanted.

If you don't pay up, we won't sell.

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Would you take 40 million and Emerson or alonso? 

No.

Guest ttfn

Plenty of decent (better?) left backs on the continent we could sign this summer with the money. 

Always a shame to lose an academy product but if he wants to go and we get a decent fee for him I’m confident we can do better for the money being talked about.