Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

I'll be gutted if he goes. But also accept every player has his price. 

I was gutted to lose Maguire. But £80m bought tielemans, Praet and, err, Perez. 

Chilwell on song is a fine sight. But assuming Chelsea get rinsed for £70m, I'd reluctantly accept that's a good deal  (albeit- leaving Congerton to go splurge some money on Sunderland, Wolves and Derby cast offs 👍)

43 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

He was a little suspect defensively at first and spent some time on the right and left wings. 

So whoever we buy is going to take a bit of time to bring up to speed. Maybe another Justin/Ricardo prototype and Nathaniel Clyne to strengthen the squad.

Clyne was an animal before he got injured. Have no idea where he's at now.

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

So whoever we buy is going to take a bit of time to bring up to speed. Maybe another Justin/Ricardo prototype and Nathaniel Clyne to strengthen the squad.

Clyne was an animal before he got injured. Have no idea where he's at now.

Left Liverpool this summer. Plagued with injury and on the decline. Avoid. We don't need a RB really. We need an adventurous left fullback.

Alex Grimaldo (dream) 

Jose Gaya (optimistic) 

Jamal Lewis (realistic)

Kostas Tsimikas (destined for bigger things) 

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Left Liverpool this summer. Plagued with injury and on the decline. Avoid. We don't need a RB really. We need an adventurous left fullback.

Alex Grimaldo (dream) 

Jose Gaya (optimistic) 

Jamal Lewis (realistic)

Kostas Tsimikas (destined for bigger things) 

Thanks. Glad you and @Ric Flair are doing the heavy lifting so we don't have to. Youtube it is then. Sorry about Clyne. Rodgers and Klopp drove him into the ground.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

I’m none too fussed if we lose Chilwell. He will not be easy to replace but he’s the easiest to replace.

If he's so easy to replace why have the best clubs in the country wanted him? 

His replacement will not be as good as him.

• Like 2

Give them 2 weeks to get it done or they both can go pound it. We need the cash now to buy replacements.

If you and Chelsea want to screw around then feel free to play in the reserves until the January Window. We should not be inconvenienced by this.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Was Ricardo the real deal when you bought him? How was he bed in? Thanks.

Ricardo was amazing before we bought him.

He pretty much came because of Puel who managed him previously and only started slowly while adapting to the Premier League.

He was the real deal all along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Ricardo was amazing before we bought him.

He pretty much came because of Puel who managed him previously and only started slowly while adapting to the Premier League.

He was the real deal all along.

My 12 year old.lad said, after watching Ricardo's opening 5 mins away at Man Utd playing as RM.

'Dad, it's Kante on the wing' - what a call! 

• Haha 1

Max Aarons, please.

Yes, usually a right back, but looks pretty decent on the left as well. A la Philip Lahm.

Fits our profile (and beat JJ to the EFL young player of the year award a couple of season ago).

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

Max Aarons, please.

Yes, usually a right back, but looks pretty decent on the left as well. A la Philip Lahm.

Fits our profile (and beat JJ to the EFL young player of the year award a couple of season ago).

‘usually a right back but looks pretty decent on the left’

lol

glad you are not in charge of our transfer policy

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

‘usually a right back but looks pretty decent on the left’

lol

glad you are not in charge of our transfer policy

I'd seriously be all over it if he's available    :thumbup:

For the right price I would seriously consider letting him go.. He is not world class which would be soon exposed at Chelsea. His defensive positioning is often poor and his crossing ton the run is sometimes woeful. I heard Rio F on the BBC recently saying he has potential but no where near the finished article. I would be very surprised if Chelsea would pay 45/50m for someone who only has 'potential' when they could get players with considerably more quality. Think it would be a disastrous move for him aka DD.    

7 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

For the right price I would seriously consider letting him go.. He is not world class which would be soon exposed at Chelsea. His defensive positioning is often poor and his crossing ton the run is sometimes woeful. I heard Rio F on the BBC recently saying he has potential but no where near the finished article. I would be very surprised if Chelsea would pay 45/50m for someone who only has 'potential' when they could get players with considerably more quality. Think it would be a disastrous move for him aka DD.    

Pulisic cost them £58m. That was a potential signing. 

I don't think anyone thought Soyunchu would turn out to be so good. 

We got that one right but for every Soyunchu there's a Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal, Junior Lewis, Trevor Benjamin, Mendy, Jones and I could go on all day.

We don't always get our replacement players right. Most of the time we get it wrong and it can take 2 to 3 seasons to get it right.

• Like 1

Just now, 5waller5 said:

He’s a regular in the 4th best international team in the world.

just out of interest - what’s your definition of world class?

He's a brilliant player, with bags of potential. But he isn't world class yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1