Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

......and yet, you can't deny that we missed both in our last few games, Maddison especially.

They started in the first few post lockdown games and whilst Chilwell scored a beaut... what exactly were the results with them playing? Did Maddison Assist or Score? And before lockdown, say January / February when results and performances dipped... they were playing every week... 

Just my opinion, but neither are worth the money that has been mentioned 

Would rather keep Ricardo and let Chilwell go if I'm honest. I think we can get a decent enough replacement with the money we get for him with some to spare to go elsewhere in the squad. I like Chilwell but I think out of all the players we are likely to be of interest elsewhere he is the most replacable.

• Like 1

I'm still don't want Chilwell to go.

Thomas is too young to be first choice for the league, cups, and Europe. His form will dip at times. He needs time to be rotated in and out of the side.

Sadly, I don't think Fuchs is up to being first choice either anymore. Even if Thomas became first choice, Fuchs may need to deputise for large chunks of the season if/when Thomas's form suffers.

Justin will be needed on the right for large parts of the season. Ricardo's injury is a big one. He won't be available for around a month at the start of the season and it may take him a while to  get back up to speed. Add the very real possibility that he could pick up niggles and aggravations as he's coming back and it looks like Justin will be needed on the right rather than the left.

Basically, I really want us to keep Chilwell. But if we don't, I do think we need to sign a replacement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How the heck can Chelsea afford:

• 48m on Werner - 170k a week
  • 35m on Ziyech - 100k a week
  • 70m + add ons for Havertz - 100k or so a week it's got to be surely?

Then they want a new keeper, Oblak is being named and he's gonna cost 75m + too. Then they want a new CB and now Chilwell too?! That's literally going to be about 300m in transfer fees alone.

The only money they spent this season was £40 million on Kovacic

They then sold Hazard for £100m, and a few other players for about £30m, Morata is leaving for £50m, Pasalic for £14m, so close to about £200m in sales

Then I imagine they will probably sell a few more players this transfer window as well, could very easily manage Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, GK and a couple other players and still break even

I’m ok with this. If we get the money to buy two players and improve the squad, it’s a no brainier. Chilwell can be replaced. I think it’s harder to replace Maddison, Ndidi or Tielemans for example. Hopefully, Chilwell, Chelsea and the representatives don’t piss about like Man U did last year, we’ll name the price just pay it. Get it done early so we can do our business.

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then they want a new keeper, Oblak is being named and he's gonna cost 75m + too. Then they want a new CB and now Chilwell too?! That's literally going to be about 300m in transfer fees alone.

They had a transfer embargo so haven't spent hardly anything recently, other than on Pulisic. They sold Hazard and Morata for decent fees and will probably sell some more of the deadwood/masses of young players they have got.  Think they had over 32 players out on loan at one point, not sure if it was this season or last season. As regards wages, alot of their current first team squad like James, Mount, Gilmour, Abraham etc wont be on mega money so they can afford to splash out on some new signings. Unfortunately we cant compete with teams like Chelsea in the transfer market. 

• Like 1

If he does want to leave, I cant say I'm surprised. Hes recieved dogs abuse from a lot of our fans this season so can see why he wouldn't be desperate to stay. That and the huge pay rise he'll receive going to Chelsea as well as champions league. Out of all our key players though, he is replaceable and for cheaper. We could get a left back as good/better for half the money we could get for him. Plenty of decent left backs across Europe. Just hope we dont end up with someone like Charlie Taylor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

If he does want to leave, I cant say I'm surprised. Hes recieved dogs abuse from a lot of our fans this season so can see why he wouldn't be desperate to stay. That and the huge pay rise he'll receive going to Chelsea as well as champions league. Out of all our key players though, he is replaceable and for cheaper. We could get a left back as good/better for half the money we could get for him. Plenty of decent left backs across Europe. Just hope we dont end up with someone like Charlie Taylor. 

The stick he gets from our fans baffles me at times. Just an easy target imo but there's no question that he is a quality LB.

But I've seen a lot in the few games Thomas had played to see he is a real prospect. The number of good crosses he's put in and the way he pings the ball is amazing. Obviously he's not the answer at the minute, but get a decent LB like Jamal Lewis and with Thomas and Fuchs as backups we are sorted in that position. 

• Like 1

Oh I’m glad he scored that goal against Watford. If we get anywhere close to 60 million great British pounds for that turd then Chelsea should be laughed at as much as United have been laughed at.

10 minutes ago, shailen said:

The stick he gets from our fans baffles me at times. Just an easy target imo but there's no question that he is a quality LB.

It depends what you define as a ‘quality’ LB. he has not crossing ability. Pretty bog standard getting forward. His decision making most of the time has been horrific. And his defensive ability is no better than Justin or Thomas. 
but if that’s what you’d class as quality then I don’t know

The guy can't cross. How many promising pushes forward got short circuited because he knocked the ball beyond the reach of anyone in a blue shirt?  To me, he's the most replaceable of that back 4, though they may have to bring someone in with Fuchs not available for several weeks.

Out of our two full backs i would be gutted if we lost Ricardo. 

Chilwell is an impressive athlete and very comfortable in possession but when it comes to the offensive part of his game it is lacking. His crossing is more often than not poor and he is too keen to slow down our attacks and turn back with the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

If you visit old Trafford, Anfield and the bridge, the amount of tourist going to the game due to the clubs global exposure is ridiculous, I would personally hate it if we became a tourist attraction to fill the stadium, but that’s what happens to big clubs, and the atmosphere gets dampen by it in my opinion 

It's alright, no matter how big the stadium gets, it's not going to change the fact that it's in Leicester. Tourism will never be on the same scale as those clubs even if we end up with a massive 70k seater in a couple decades, in the absolute best case scenario.

I like Chilwell a lot, I think the news that he's been playing through an injury this season makes a lot of sense. Last season he was pretty great defensively and generally consistently one of our best players, lest we forget. He can't really cross at all, but he's a fantastic progressor of the ball. He's good and I don't want to lose him.

All of that said, he seems to be the only one of our players with some concrete interest, and we probably need to sell to buy. If we can get £60 million and add-ons for him, and buy someone like Telles for £25 million or so (if not him, then Gaya or Tagliafico would also do fine) the extra £35 million plus whatever we get from selling Gray and Slimani would be enough to at least sign one quality right winger and a quality centreback. If we could also sign someone like Diallo and send Hamza on loan, that would be even better.

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Abramovich made his billions out of disaster capitalism, I don't think he was just twiddling his thumbs when the Covid pandemic arrived, he's probably made so much money out of it that he now has some loose change to spend on his Chelsea.

7 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

If you visit old Trafford, Anfield and the bridge, the amount of tourist going to the game due to the clubs global exposure is ridiculous, I would personally hate it if we became a tourist attraction to fill the stadium, but that’s what happens to big clubs, and the atmosphere gets dampen by it in my opinion 

We are no where near those levels. Chelsea have interest because of what they became at the start of the century plus they're in London. Tourist go to London and catch a Chelsea game if they can. Man United and Liverpool have long, long histories as 2 of the most successful clubs in the world.

Even if we did extend the stadium to 50k + we'd be years off filling it with tourists. And in those years we'd have to become majorly successful and I'm not just talking about challenging for top 4, I'm talking 3 or 4 league wins, fa Cup wins and year after year runs in the champions league to semi finals and finals.

For us to get that many tourists we'd have to be a major force in the premier league for 15-20 years. 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There is no uefa ffp is this year ..... they can spend what they like 

their only issue is the PL wage structure increase and that has also been relaxed somewhat 

they don’t operate in the same world as us 

6 hours ago, LCFCJ said:

It depends what you define as a ‘quality’ LB. he has not crossing ability. Pretty bog standard getting forward. His decision making most of the time has been horrific. And his defensive ability is no better than Justin or Thomas. 
but if that’s what you’d class as quality then I don’t know

He can definitely work on his crossing ability, as it let's him down at times. But his energy to keep on going for 90 mins is incredible and the fact that he always gives an option for the outlet is good. He also makes good runs and properly drives at defences, albeit he needs to work on his final delivery as mentioned above. 

I do like Thomas but he was at fault for two of the three Spurs goals along with Bennett, in giving the ball away from our corner and getting caught by Son for their third. Justin whilst solid defensively, isn't really dynamic enough to go forward and provide a threat. It's too early to reserve judgement on both as they've had to be thrown into the deep end with no experience, but at this current moment in time Chilwell offers more imo. 

• Like 1

I get everyone wants to progress but disappointed in him that he’s actively looking to leave. He’ll be a big miss for us should he go but we’ll get a massive feee for him. 

• Like 1

Great player with great potential and I would rather him stay. However if the money is right and if (and only if) he’s the only big name we lose then this would probably be just about palatable. We could probably replace him with the same or even better quality and still have money left over. As long as we hold out and get top money for him I won’t be too upset. Having said that if we can keep him then great. I really do hate the big clubs. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

100% sell. If he wants to leave and we agree a good fee with Chelsea then its a no brainer. Chilwells not great defensively, terribly one footed and cant cross a ball. Im not trying to bash the lad, I just dont think hes a great player. Would be in everyones best interest to let him have his move, take the money and sign a better left back for less.