Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar Chilwell it's hard, Ndidi would be unthinkable as would Ricardo. Possibly Maddison but Chilwell is the ideal candidate. Let's hope Chelsea fall in to the trap, this injury will scupper it surely.

Maddison will be next years I’m sure of it, we will sign another AM this summer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Based on this, after 3 games you’d have sold Vardy and replaced him with Musa!

2 goals against Barcelona! Wow!

I hope Thomas does well, but to think he’ll be any more than a back up this season is ridiculous in the extreme.

If Chilwell goes, we need a good quality replacement. Which probably means £25m. If that player doesn’t work out, this forum will go into meltdown, as usual.

I would of course expect a replacement for Chilwell, i'm just saying that in Fuchs, Justin and now Thomas we've players who have performed there and the absence of Chilwell hasn't made much difference. We've won without him at times and then during this 6 month slump, we've been dog shit with and without him. 

Like Maguire last summer, I thought we'd replace him but we went with Soyuncu and it has been absolutely fine. I believe the funds we get for Chilwell + whats left of the Maguire money is invaluable for the development of this team which has proven to be ill equipped and fragile when it needed to be. If we could afford to keep Chilwell and improve the team around him and he also improves (he has a lot of that to do) then I'd have no problem with that but that isn't the case. He seemingly wants out, he's erratic and yet his reputation ought to see us fetch a very good fee subject to his injury not hampering him in the next year. For those reasons, taddah Ben.

• Like 1

I guess we can assume he hasn’t been injured then with this coming out straight after the season ends? 

To be honest I found it strange not seeing him getting as involved as Madders in our last few games from the stands.

You’d think it was Madders who was homegrown.....

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I would of course expect a replacement for Chilwell, im just saying that in Fuchs, Justin and now Thomas we've played who have performed there and the absence of Chilwell hasn't made much difference. We've won without him at times and then during this 6 month slump, we've been dog shit with and without him. 

Like Maguire last summer, I thought we'd replace him but we went with Soyuncu and it has been absolutely fine. I believe the funds we get for Chilwell + whats left of the Maguire money is invaluable for the development of this team which has proven to be ill equipped and fragile when it needed to be. If we could afford to keep Chilwell and improve the team around him and he also improves (he has a lot of that to do) then I'd have no problem with that but that isn't the case. He seemingly wants out, he's erratic and yet his reputation ought to see us fetch a very good fee subject to his injury not hampering him in the next year. For those reasons, taddah Ben.

The only point I’m making is that people seem to assume that selling Chilwell and buying a cheaper replacement will strengthen us at LB? It rarely works like that.

People need to realise that actually, selling him, whilst helping with funds to strengthen other areas, may leave us in a worse position at LB.

Maguire could have been the same situation at CB, but luckily wasn’t.

Don’t be so quick to assume that Chilwell is “expendable”.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, City1884 said:

The phrase that keeps making me laugh is the “sell him for x, and get a better LB in for less”...........

Wow! What an amazing idea! This should’ve been our transfer strategy for years! Can’t believe we’ve never thought of it!........

Where the plan falls flat is when we overpay for someone, who turns out to be worse than Chilwell.

Be careful what you wish for people!

Not every signing we make works out.

Yeah exactly, I'd be amazed if we sold Chilwell and bought anyone better. I'd sooner stick with Luke Thomas and James Justin than waste £20-£40 million on someone who would hamper Thomas's progress.

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I guess we can assume he hasn’t been injured then with this coming out straight after the season ends? 

To be honest I found it strange not seeing him getting as involved as Madders in our last few games from the stands.

You’d think it was Madders who was homegrown.....

I thought I'd read he'd had an operation on his foot.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah exactly, I'd be amazed if we sold Chilwell and bought anyone better. I'd sooner stick with Luke Thomas and James Justin than waste £20-£40 million on someone who would hamper Thomas's progress.

Thomas has played 3 senior games.

We can’t rely on him as first choice.

It’s Chilwell, or take a risk on a replacement. Personally, I’d rather keep Chilwell.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, City1884 said:

The only point I’m making is that people seem to assume that selling Chilwell and buying a cheaper replacement will strengthen us at LB? It rarely works like that.

People need to realise that actually, selling him, whilst helping with funds to strengthen other areas, may leave us in a worse position at LB.

Totally agree with you pal what people don’t realise is we won’t be able to sign a upgrade for that kind of money. Tell the wollys on the FB pages this and they lose there heads. 🤦

• Like 1

1 minute ago, City1884 said:

Thomas has played 3 senior games.

We can’t rely on him as first choice.

It’s Chilwell, or take a risk on a replacement. Personally, I’d rather keep Chilwell.

Yeah I know but Justin James has also played there and we have Fuchs, how many left backs can you fit in a squad. I'd sooner we keep Chilwell as I can't see us buying anyone better. Thomas would then hopefully be second choice and get plenty of game time.

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/29/leicester-city-star-will-reportedly-hand-in-a-transfer-request-this-week/

LEICESTER CITY STAR WILL REPORTEDLY HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST THIS WEEK

Shamanth Jayaram
3 hours ago

According to The Mirror, Leicester City star Ben Chilwell will request the Foxes to grant him a move to Chelsea this summer.

The Englishman has been one of Leicester’s most important players since the start of last season. Chilwell, still only 23, is expected to be England’s future and he feels that a move to a bigger club will help boost his chances.

Chelsea have long been linked with a move for Chilwell. Frank Lampard’s side pipped the Foxes to fourth place on the final day of the season which sends the Blues to the Champions League next term.

If Leicester had held onto a top-four place till the end of the campaign, their chances of keeping hold of Chilwell would have been considerably higher, but now that they have missed out, the Englishman could be out very soon.

The report claims that Chilwell will request Leicester to allow him to move to Chelsea this week. As big a blow as this news will be to the Foxes, it was one that everybody saw coming for a while now.

Leicester, however, are under no real pressure to sell him. Chilwell is tied down to a contract till the summer of 2024 which puts the Foxes in a strong position during transfer negotiations.

CHILWELL COULD BE LEICESTER’S NEXT BIG SALE
Rodgers’ side are no strangers to making massive profits on their star players. Riyad Mahrez, N’Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater and Harry Maguire made the club a lot of money over the last few years and Chilwell is expected to be the next in line.

The current financial climate has dropped down the values of a number of players. Chelsea haven’t been shy in their spending so far this summer but it will be interesting to see how much they are willing to pay for Chilwell.

Talks of a fee of over £50 million have been running around for a while now. Leicester are certainly in a position to demand whatever they want but Chilwell handing in a transfer request could make things a lot easier for Chelsea this summer.

Even if he wants to leave, I would be astounded if he puts in a transfer request at the start of a window and without a bid coming in.

You will not find someone a similar age, with his premier league experience and for cheaper. If that's the case they would be at Chelsea or Manchester by now! The fact all these clubs are interested and he plays for england clearly shows that he isn't awful as many would say. I agree he is a diamond in the rough and areas of his game can be improved on but he is 23 and not at the peak of his career for a left back. Chelsea clearly see something in him and know that these areas of games can be coached and improved. The basics however are more than there. Rio and Ashley Cole also highly rate him. We also should not be selling him to a rival club either. I appreciate he will want to move on at some point but as the situation is right now with his injury and the other injuries we have within the club and Thomas needing more time I would like another season out of him. 

To suggest the injury he has had is fake to protect him is just ludicrous given the state of our squad at the end.  Maybe he missed watching that one game as he was actually having his op? To slate his playing is one thing but slating someone personally and without foundation is silly. If players get this grief do you think they will want to come here? He is friends with a lot of the young players in the league and they do talk!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

If he wants to go, let him go, some saying this would be a big loss, not for me.

Losing Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Vardy would have a bigger impact than losing Chilwell.

Finding a new LB would be easier than finding a new RB or CDM for example.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, City1884 said:

This is a successful model that much better teams than us use regularly to great effect. It relies on a great recruitment model but up until recently we had thay with Macia and Rudkin. It remains to be seen if Congerton will ruin this, if he does then the model breaks down and the team is weaker as a result but this is definitely a sensible model for us to implement if we want to try and evolve. 

46 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Totally agree with you pal what people don’t realise is we won’t be able to sign a upgrade for that kind of money. Tell the wollys on the FB pages this and they lose there heads. 🤦

33 minutes ago, Hales said:

You will not find someone a similar age, with his premier league experience and for cheaper. If that's the case they would be at Chelsea or Manchester by now! The fact all these clubs are interested and he plays for england clearly shows that he isn't awful as many would say. I agree he is a diamond in the rough and areas of his game can be improved on but he is 23 and not at the peak of his career for a left back. Chelsea clearly see something in him and know that these areas of games can be coached and improved. The basics however are more than there. Rio and Ashley Cole also highly rate him. We also should not be selling him to a rival club either. I appreciate he will want to move on at some point but as the situation is right now with his injury and the other injuries we have within the club and Thomas needing more time I would like another season out of him. 

To suggest the injury he has had is fake to protect him is just ludicrous given the state of our squad at the end.  Maybe he missed watching that one game as he was actually having his op? To slate his playing is one thing but slating someone personally and without foundation is silly. If players get this grief do you think they will want to come here? He is friends with a lot of the young players in the league and they do talk!

Any proper recruitment setup worth their salt manage to navigate these scenarios time and time again, heck we have done it in recent years. What on earth are you going on about? Its only a real problem when the recruitment goes to pot but for clubs like ourselves to keep evolving and progressing we have to buy low and sell high and repeat to maximise the ability to bring more additions in. Its an art form, many bigger clubs have nicked our scouts and directors because of how good we've been at doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/29/leicester-city-star-will-reportedly-hand-in-a-transfer-request-this-week/

LEICESTER CITY STAR WILL REPORTEDLY HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST THIS WEEK

Shamanth Jayaram
3 hours ago

According to The Mirror, Leicester City star Ben Chilwell will request the Foxes to grant him a move to Chelsea this summer.

The Englishman has been one of Leicester’s most important players since the start of last season. Chilwell, still only 23, is expected to be England’s future and he feels that a move to a bigger club will help boost his chances.

Chelsea have long been linked with a move for Chilwell. Frank Lampard’s side pipped the Foxes to fourth place on the final day of the season which sends the Blues to the Champions League next term.

If Leicester had held onto a top-four place till the end of the campaign, their chances of keeping hold of Chilwell would have been considerably higher, but now that they have missed out, the Englishman could be out very soon.

The report claims that Chilwell will request Leicester to allow him to move to Chelsea this week. As big a blow as this news will be to the Foxes, it was one that everybody saw coming for a while now.

Leicester, however, are under no real pressure to sell him. Chilwell is tied down to a contract till the summer of 2024 which puts the Foxes in a strong position during transfer negotiations.

CHILWELL COULD BE LEICESTER’S NEXT BIG SALE
Rodgers’ side are no strangers to making massive profits on their star players. Riyad Mahrez, N’Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater and Harry Maguire made the club a lot of money over the last few years and Chilwell is expected to be the next in line.

The current financial climate has dropped down the values of a number of players. Chelsea haven’t been shy in their spending so far this summer but it will be interesting to see how much they are willing to pay for Chilwell.

Talks of a fee of over £50 million have been running around for a while now. Leicester are certainly in a position to demand whatever they want but Chilwell handing in a transfer request could make things a lot easier for Chelsea this summer.

Dont we need Chelsea to show some interest?. If Chilwell is planning to hand in a transfer request he will surely need to wait and see if a club is prepared to buy him or at least put in an offer. It seems at present to be papertalk with sites regurgitating the same shite.

11 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Dont we need Chelsea to show some interest?. If Chilwell is planning to hand in a transfer request he will surely need to wait and see if a club is prepared to buy him or at least put in an offer. It seems at present to be papertalk with sites regurgitating the same shite.

Chelsea are more than interested 

but they won’t become involved in an auction 

they will suss out if anyone else is interested and do their business accordingly 

They will be talking to the agent and if Chilwell wants chelsea (he wants to go to London rather than Manchester) then it’s all about the fee 

I think chelsea will pay it in the end 

Happy to have him leave as long as we ghet paid 50+mil. The club knew this was coming.

This is the Lee Congerton Acid Test. Do me right Lee :fc:.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Happy to have him leave as long as we ghet paid 50+mil. The club knew this was coming.

This is the Lee Congerton Acid Test. Do me right Lee :fc:.

Yep this is it. They will have known this was going to be happening. Like with Maguire (us signing replacements a year before he left) I'm sure the recruitment department have done their homework on players that can come in.

Please bring in a left footed version of Ricardo!

Edited by Beechey