Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It likely won't. Mahrez did and used to sit in airport terminals on deadline day, yet we got the £60mill we wanted.

If you don't pay up, we won't sell.

No.

I can see us reaching a compromise at around 60 million plus ad ons, looks like we are pretty determined to sign him.
But in any case, you should have no problem replacing him, were he to leave, there are plenty of alternatives on the market right now, which actually makes our obsession with Chilwell a bit weird in my eyes.

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

I can see us reaching a compromise at around 60 million plus ad ons, looks like we are pretty determined to sign him.
But in any case, you should have no problem replacing him, were he to leave, there are plenty of alternatives on the market right now, which actually makes our obsession with Chilwell a bit weird in my eyes.

Yes, I do find it a little strange this seemingly strong push for Ben as there quite a few decent options on the continent, even Jamal Lewis from Norwich would be a reasonable option (although perhaps not for Leicester as we have an up and coming LB I imagine we would not like to block).

It also costs another 30m for his right foot, but you would need to source that from somehow else as we certainly have not seen it   lol

5 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Extremely weird...he ain't that good!!

One big negative of selling him is that he counts towards our homegrown quota for the Europa League. Also British players value will no doubt go up once the new Brexit rules kick in.

He’s younger than Maguire was last summer and is England’s first choice left back. I suspect we’ll aim for £80M but I’d accept lower. Selling Chilwell wouldn’t weaken us too much but could make up for missing out on the Champions League financially.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, I do find it a little strange this seemingly strong push for Ben as there quite a few decent options on the continent, even Jamal Lewis from Norwich would be a reasonable option (although perhaps not for Leicester as we have an up and coming LB I imagine we would not like to block).

It also costs another 30m for his right foot, but you would need to source that from somehow else as we certainly have not seen it   lol

Lol, never seen Alonso use his right foot either!
I would just like to add that Simon Johnson ( also pretty good for chelsea) said about a month ago, that he would be surprised if Chilwell didn´t join Chelsea, and said that he expects the fee to be around 50M pounds. Make of that what you will.

Just now, lucashm said:

Lol, never seen Alonso use his right foot either!
I would just like to add that Simon Johnson ( also pretty good for chelsea) said about a month ago, that he would be surprised if Chilwell didn´t join Chelsea, and said that he expects the fee to be around 50M pounds. Make of that what you will.

Yes, 50m or similar sounds a likely figure to me too (no basis but guess in that area) and would hope, like with Harry, it’s up front and not installments.

Like I said in an earlier post, you can get a quality left back from the continent, who may turn out to be as good as Ricardo, and still have £50 mil left to improve other areas. It is possible, Chilwell, Gray and maybe Praet could depart (as I think he is frustrated at his lack of game time), which would raised over £100mil, added to whatever transfer budget Rodgers has been promised. This could give us the scope to really redevelop the squad, particularly if we get rid of all the deadwood like Slimani, Silva, Armarty, Diabate, Ghazzel, James and Mendy.

Edited by MGLCFC

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Like I said in an earlier post, you can get a quality left back from the continent, who may turn out to be as good as Ricardo, and still have £50 mil left to improve other areas. It is possible, Chilwell, Gray and maybe Praet could depart (as I think he is frustrated at his lack of game time), which would raised over £100mil, added to whatever transfer budget Rodgers has been promised. This could give us the scope to really redevelop the squad, particularly if we get rid of all the deadwood like Slimani, Silva, Armarty, Diabate, Ghazzel, James and Mendy.

That leaves us having to sign at least 2 central midfielders, can't see that happening.

Assuming he hasn't fallen out with Rodgers, Praet will get plenty of game time next season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

That leaves us having to sign at least 2 central midfielders, can't see that happening.

Assuming he hasn't fallen out with Rodgers, Praet will get plenty of game time next season.

Well Diallo is likely to be one and if we don't resign Mendy, Carvalho the other

Edited by MGLCFC

29 minutes ago, lucashm said:

We compromised with man utd over Maguire at 85 million. I think a fair compromise here would be 80 million plus a couple of your decent youth team players. 60 million is way too cheap.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Surprised though? This is the same players who gets criticised from our fan base regardless of the game he's had. To the point where the manager put his arm around him and pointed at him in front of the fans.

We will miss how fit he is up and down that left constantly.

I’m not surprised but I don’t think his burning desire to leave is because he gets stick from our fans, that’s something that as a footballer you should just expect, and of course that doesn’t make it right. 

We’ll miss him when he’s gone but I’m hopeful we can get another season from him. 

• Like 2