Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

I get everyone wants to progress but disappointed in him that he’s actively looking to leave. He’ll be a big miss for us should he go but we’ll get a massive feee for him. 

it’s our place in the food chain ..... we will always be a type of ‘plankton’ ..... we are a now much better class of plankton than we used to be though .....

We really need to sign a replacement before we sell him although with the Covid issue , a European based replacement shouldn’t be too expensive- remember the maguire fee meant we couldnt actually get anyone in due to the ridiculous fees quoted to us thereafter ...

the one thing people seem to miss with Ben is his engine. It’s phenomenal and as he matures as a player he will become well worth the fee we are asking for.  Most of his deficiencies will be coached out of him ..... I expect in two years time those happy to sell will be eating their words .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

Disappointing that he will actively look to leave but unfortunately you have to do it if you want to move these days. He's a Milton Keynes lad ain't he so probably more of a Chelsea fan than he is a Leicester one, London lifestyle appeals to him, they're in the champions League and will probably get a huge wage. I don't really blame him. And no doubt he is aware of the abuse he gets in grounds, on social media and on here. However he'll get lots more abuse from Chelsea Twitter 

He's a good player, but not someone I don't think we can replace. Probably at a lower cost. Crucial we do though, can't rely on Fuchs and Thomas. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t base everything off the daily mirror, there’s nothing of substance in that article other than ‘the Mirror understands’. I almost count it the same as ‘Sky Sports sources’. Obviously there is interest and it’s been bleated about for a couple of years, but we’re very stubborn to deal with in the transfer market.

It’s a shame some of the criticism that Chillwell gets sometimes especially as a youth talent, you’d think he’d be someone that we’re proud of. Not someone we can’t wait to boot out. Yes he’s not as consistent as we’d like but he’s nowhere near as bad as made out to be.

• Like 4

Maybe this is just the usual rumblings to unsettle the team again. There is no evidence to any of this apart from media chatter! Brendan doesn't want to sell and personally I think we need to keep the spine of the team together, Chilly is always one of the first on the team sheet. For a full back he is still very young, the peak is 28. Crossing etc. can be worked on but his engine cannot! He has phenomenal stamina and is also a popular member of the squad with all his teammates and staff. That cannot be paid for either. Fuchs and Thomas are second choice behind him for a reason so a replacement would be needed. I just think he is being pushed out before he has hit his peak and we will regret this. 

If he wants to go that's different but I cannot imagine he hates playing at Leicester! He plays with his best mates, is popular in the team, is part of the leadership group and LCFC are on a journey and exciting things, such as the training ground are happening. I think as a team we need to keep him another season and give Thomas more time. We need to find other positions more urgently than having to find another left back. 

The grief he gets from "fans" is shocking though and clearly affected him this season. That's sad if one of our own players has to endure that. I expect the same fans wanting him sold will then slate him for going! 🙄

I like Chilly and really hope he stays!

I personally don't see who is going to buy him this window with this injury he has, they'll wait to see if he overcomes it next season. I hope Chelsea do still want him and anything over £40-50m I'd be very happy with (we'd want way more than that, but that's because the club hold him in a much higher regard than some of our fans do)

He will never ever learn to cross the ball properly, we'll win the league again before that happens.

He will still be a Leicester player next season though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Abramovich made his billions out of disaster capitalism, I don't think he was just twiddling his thumbs when the Covid pandemic arrived, he's probably made so much money out of it that he now has some loose change to spend on his Chelsea.

I meant as in FFP, surely spending 300m in transfer fees in one season will take them over their limit.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There is no uefa ffp is this year ..... they can spend what they like 

their only issue is the PL wage structure increase and that has also been relaxed somewhat 

they don’t operate in the same world as us 

I thought this originally, but someone told me on here the other day that it's only being 'relaxed', so scrapped completely. So you'll be able to make a slightly higher loss than usual, or have a higher % of wages spent compared to turnover.

Also Chelsea have an income which many clubs don’t, they have that youth academy which is almost like a factory and can sell the decent youth players they hoard for up to £5 Million a pop.

It makes it very easy for them to be profitable on that side without Roman dipping in too much. Hopefully with out new training ground it’s something we can eventually emulate. 

12 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Also Chelsea have an income which many clubs don’t, they have that youth academy which is almost like a factory and can sell the decent youth players they hoard for up to £5 Million a pop.

It makes it very easy for them to be profitable on that side without Roman dipping in too much. Hopefully with out new training ground it’s something we can eventually emulate. 

Plus they still have the Hazard cash?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

The guy can't cross. How many promising pushes forward got short circuited because he knocked the ball beyond the reach of anyone in a blue shirt?  To me, he's the most replaceable of that back 4, though they may have to bring someone in with Fuchs not available for several weeks.

One thing that’s been nice about watching Luke Thomas... he actually gets his head up and finds a Leicester player! 

• Like 1

So some on here are ready to swop a promising young player with a whole 3 games under his belt for England's number 1 choice left back next season. Sorry but this is madness. Ok so he may want to leave but we must demand close to 80 million plus for him, especially as it is Chelsea. In fact I'd be asking 80 million plus two players from them. They are spending like there's no tomorrow so make them pay but whatever we get he's a huge loss to us and a big blow to any ambition we have.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I get everyone wants to progress but disappointed in him that he’s actively looking to leave. He’ll be a big miss for us should he go but we’ll get a massive feee for him. 

When Brendan arrived he sat down with each player - I'll always remember Ben telling him he was 'ambitious' - for me that was a big statement sitting in front of your new boss basically telling him not just that you want to play at the highest level but also the bigger clubs and the bigger wages. I think since getting in the national team he's had his eyes set seriously on playing for Chelsea/Man City.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

So some on here are ready to swop a promising young player with a whole 3 games under his belt for England's number 1 choice left back next season. Sorry but this is madness. Ok so he may want to leave but we must demand close to 80 million plus for him, especially as it is Chelsea. In fact I'd be asking 80 million plus two players from them. They are spending like there's no tomorrow so make them pay but whatever we get he's a huge loss to us and a big blow to any ambition we have.

I agree he will be a loss, but he is replaceable. Fleece Chelsea and you can easily get an equally good left back for a third of the price. I concur that we can't expect Thomas to step up next season, but he is as good, if not better, than Chilwell was at 19, and I have high hopes that in a couple of years he will be able to occupy the left back berth to himself.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I meant as in FFP, surely spending 300m in transfer fees in one season will take them over their limit.

I thought this originally, but someone told me on here the other day that it's only being 'relaxed', so scrapped completely. So you'll be able to make a slightly higher loss than usual, or have a higher % of wages spent compared to turnover.

They are getting the money from somewhere, the Hazard money will not cover it all!  Abramovich had to inject 100+ million of his own money recently to keep Chelsea afloat.  I think Chelsea are 1.3 billion in debt to him?

The FFP rules have been suspended for 12 months due to Covid, this is why Chelsea are buying young proven talent, they can spend his money now and not pay the penalty.  I think Man City will do the same this summer. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/18/uefa-agree-to-suspend-financial-fair-play-rules-due-to-pandemic

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

When Brendan arrived he sat down with each player - I'll always remember Ben telling him he was 'ambitious' - for me that was a big statement sitting in front of your new boss basically telling him not just that you want to play at the highest level but also the bigger clubs and the bigger wages. I think since getting in the national team he's had his eyes set seriously on playing for Chelsea/Man City.

I think out of the few key players that have been touted as other 'bigger' teams being keen on, Chilwell, was always the most likely to go. So despite Rodgers saying he's not for sale, he is, but as with Maguire, we're in a strong position to hold out for a fat wedge.

Is Thomas ready to simply fit into Chilwell's shoes. Nope. I think he's shown he's a prospect for that position, but do I think he could be No.1 over a European and gruelling Prem campaign with Fuchs as cover? I have my doubts.

I hope we have been diligent in our scouting and have someone lined up once, and only once the bidding comes to a satisfactory conclusion. But it could drag out this one.

• Like 2

Nailed on to go this summer. He might even have gone if we got CL. I think he wants a long career at the very top and Leicester will never  offer  that. I think he will respect our need to maximise the fee though.

I think Chilwell is a very good leftback but selling him will allow us to keep everyone else and strengthen and essentially that's what our business model is going to be from now on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Nailed on to go this summer. He might even have gone if we got CL. I think he wants a long career at the very top and Leicester will never  offer  that. I think he will respect our need to maximise the fee though.

I think Chilwell is a very good leftback but selling him will allow us to keep everyone else and strengthen and essentially that's what our business model is going to be from now on.

I think that'll be our model in the short-term. We've not invested in a Training/Development Centre for nowt for it not to deliver, but that'll take a short while to produce.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There is no uefa ffp is this year ..... they can spend what they like 

their only issue is the PL wage structure increase and that has also been relaxed somewhat 

they don’t operate in the same world as us 

I didnt know know about the eufa ffp. Say we sell chillwell for £60m, how much could we realistically spend? Taking into account PL wage structure? Taking into account slim/silva outgoing too?

He is injured and out for the beginning of the new season and it has been said he is having an operation but with this condition it's not guaranteed to be successful and is a condition that can return. Given that will anyone buy him at the moment? If any club is spending big money on him they are going to want him fit and ready to play surely. I would say that rules him out of being sold in this transfer window personally. Also Ricardo will be out the beginning of the new season too. I don't think we afford to lose both and Thomas is not ready yet to fill his boots.

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Premier League wage structure has changed to benefit us in someway. 

Take into account Silva and Slimina leaving which will free up about £170-£200k in wages. 

Then you've got the likes of Amartey, James and a few others who will be either moved on via loan or Permanent deals. 

We aren't in that bad of a position. Recieved in the region of £140m for the fifth position finish and potentially selling Chilwell - if this happens though expect us to sign a new left back. Luke Thomas is more than likely going out on loan. 

We have also got kings 40k a week freed up from his contract ending! 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We are no where near those levels. Chelsea have interest because of what they became at the start of the century plus they're in London. Tourist go to London and catch a Chelsea game if they can. Man United and Liverpool have long, long histories as 2 of the most successful clubs in the world.

Even if we did extend the stadium to 50k + we'd be years off filling it with tourists. And in those years we'd have to become majorly successful and I'm not just talking about challenging for top 4, I'm talking 3 or 4 league wins, fa Cup wins and year after year runs in the champions league to semi finals and finals.

For us to get that many tourists we'd have to be a major force in the premier league for 15-20 years. 

I think that is tops vision from the way he speaks