Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Anyone else think justin was more than good enough at LB when he played there? I know 3 players covering 2 positions isnt ideal but that chilwell money could be used better elsewhere.

I think Thomas and Justin are both nearly there but maybe not quite yet nailed on starters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Could the renewed talk just be a case of agent seeing Chillys best mate get a contract worth £100k (+) & wanting the same for Chilly?

I did actually think the same thing! 

1 hour ago, Hales said:

He is injured and out for the beginning of the new season and it has been said he is having an operation but with this condition it's not guaranteed to be successful and is a condition that can return. Given that will anyone buy him at the moment? If any club is spending big money on him they are going to want him fit and ready to play surely. I would say that rules him out of being sold in this transfer window personally. Also Ricardo will be out the beginning of the new season too. I don't think we afford to lose both and Thomas is not ready yet to fill his boots.

Exactly, we are lumbered with him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

I get everyone wants to progress but disappointed in him that he’s actively looking to leave. He’ll be a big miss for us should he go but we’ll get a massive feee for him. 

Surprised though? This is the same players who gets criticised from our fan base regardless of the game he's had. To the point where the manager put his arm around him and pointed at him in front of the fans.

We will miss how fit he is up and down that left constantly.

• Thanks 1

This doesn’t bother me let him go if the money is enough I’d say around 70m+. He’s a good defender and he’s got a great engine on him but his final ball is terrible and it won’t get better. Thomas in his short spell has already shown me he’s got a football brain and I bet he’ll end up better than Ben. Make this deal pay and we’re laughing if he doesn’t want to go play him another season and he’ll probably be worth more by then anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bert said:

I get everyone wants to progress but disappointed in him that he’s actively looking to leave. He’ll be a big miss for us should he go but we’ll get a massive feee for him. 

I don't even mind him wanting to go Chelsea after our CL failure but why make it public you're putting in a transfer request? If this is coming from his camp its deeply disrespectful. 

I said months ago he would go and I thought the fee would be around £50m

Edited by splinterdream

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Surprised though? This is the same players who gets criticised from our fan base regardless of the game he's had. To the point where the manager put his arm around him and pointed at him in front of the fans.

..... and putting in sh1t crosses 95% of the time!

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'd sooner just have a defender that can defend and a winger that can put a decent cross in.

Agree he's good for getting up and down, but that's about it.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Some of the comments about Chilly on here make me wonder how on earth the same people believe we could sell him for £60m+

As long as Abramovich doesn't post on here we're fine. 

Can't see Chelsea spending 60-80m on a player that will be injured when they buy him. They'll have learnt their lesson from Drinkwater.

Sky are up to their usual tricks trying to get people gambling. I expect Chilwell will start the season with us and any club wanting him will monitor how well he gets over his injury and wait to bid for him when his contract has one less year to run and he's had a years experience in Europe developing.  He'll be cheaper and more experienced but still young, its a win win for a buying club at that stage.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/29/leicester-city-star-will-reportedly-hand-in-a-transfer-request-this-week/

LEICESTER CITY STAR WILL REPORTEDLY HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST THIS WEEK

Shamanth Jayaram
3 hours ago

According to The Mirror, Leicester City star Ben Chilwell will request the Foxes to grant him a move to Chelsea this summer.

The Englishman has been one of Leicester’s most important players since the start of last season. Chilwell, still only 23, is expected to be England’s future and he feels that a move to a bigger club will help boost his chances.

Chelsea have long been linked with a move for Chilwell. Frank Lampard’s side pipped the Foxes to fourth place on the final day of the season which sends the Blues to the Champions League next term.

If Leicester had held onto a top-four place till the end of the campaign, their chances of keeping hold of Chilwell would have been considerably higher, but now that they have missed out, the Englishman could be out very soon.

The report claims that Chilwell will request Leicester to allow him to move to Chelsea this week. As big a blow as this news will be to the Foxes, it was one that everybody saw coming for a while now.

Leicester, however, are under no real pressure to sell him. Chilwell is tied down to a contract till the summer of 2024 which puts the Foxes in a strong position during transfer negotiations.

CHILWELL COULD BE LEICESTER’S NEXT BIG SALE
Rodgers’ side are no strangers to making massive profits on their star players. Riyad Mahrez, N’Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater and Harry Maguire made the club a lot of money over the last few years and Chilwell is expected to be the next in line.

The current financial climate has dropped down the values of a number of players. Chelsea haven’t been shy in their spending so far this summer but it will be interesting to see how much they are willing to pay for Chilwell.

Talks of a fee of over £50 million have been running around for a while now. Leicester are certainly in a position to demand whatever they want but Chilwell handing in a transfer request could make things a lot easier for Chelsea this summer.

2 minutes ago, City1884 said:

The phrase that keeps making me laugh is the “sell him for x, and get a better LB in for less”...........

Wow! What an amazing idea! This should’ve been our transfer strategy for years! Can’t believe we’ve never thought of it!........

Where the plan falls flat is when we overpay for someone, who turns out to be worse than Chilwell.

Be careful what you wish for people!

Not every signing we make works out.

Luke Thomas already looks a star in the making, his chances created stats albeit only in 3 games are hugely impressive.

This feels very much like when Maguire wanted out, Chilwell is the one asset we can likely afford to lose for big money as a) we have back up but also will look to sign a cheaper alternative and b) use the grotesque funds to improve our squad elsewhere. No brainer.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Luke Thomas already looks a star in the making, his chances created stats albeit only in 3 games are hugely impressive.

This feels very much like when Maguire wanted out, Chilwell is the one asset we can likely afford to lose for big money as a) we have back up but also will look to sign a cheaper alternative and b) use the grotesque funds to improve our squad elsewhere. No brainer.

Agreed, go through the starting 11 and tell me 1 player you think we could sell for big money and could potentially replace with an instant improvement. Maybe long term not so much.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed, go through the starting 11 and tell me 1 player you think we could sell for big money and could potentially replace with an instant improvement. Maybe long term not so much.

Bar Chilwell it's hard, Ndidi would be unthinkable as would Ricardo. Possibly Maddison but Chilwell is the ideal candidate. Let's hope Chelsea fall in to the trap, this injury will scupper it surely.

To be honest this is a recycled story that I read months ago about him putting in a transfer request. If he was going to do it I very much doubt the media would find out about it before the club. If it is his agent then that's very poorly played. I think it's just a slow media day in transfer news at the moment and its Chilwell trending today. It will be someone else tomorrow!

Forgetting everything else and everyone's opinions he will not pass a medical at the moment so no sale!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Based on this, after 3 games you’d have sold Vardy and replaced him with Musa!

2 goals against Barcelona! Wow!

I hope Thomas does well, but to think he’ll be any more than a back up this season is ridiculous in the extreme.

If Chilwell goes, we need a good quality replacement. Which probably means £25m. If that player doesn’t work out, this forum will go into meltdown, as usual.

• Like 1