Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

On 19/05/2020 at 13:20, sacreblueits442 said:

....just looking at these figures quickly, the figure in the "Mix" column for Leicester in respect of gate receipts should be at least 10.00%. The "Broadcasting income should be 90.00% as the figures used in respect of the Leicester Graph should be totaled as per the Chelsea graph.

You need to treat both the same in order to quantify the results.

Commercial is snipped out the picture, that's why it doesn't total 100%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Unless there's a player I've missed, BC is statistically the second best LB in the league after Andy Robertson. Even then, for his perceived lack of ability in the air, he has won twice as many aerial duals as AR (50 to 25) and made 3 more headed clearances. No doubt someone will find a excuse to somehow use that against Chilly.

He's not perfect but he's a bloody great young player and I don't see many better LBs and I watch a lot of football. Can't understand this obsession some have with letting him leave. I'm sure JJ will become a great player but right now we have both and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Never been understand the stick that certain players get for no obvious reason.

Well said! 👏👏👏👏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Unless there's a player I've missed, BC is statistically the second best LB in the league after Andy Robertson. Even then, for his perceived lack of ability in the air, he has won twice as many aerial duals as AR (50 to 25) and made 3 more headed clearances. No doubt someone will find a excuse to somehow use that against Chilly.

He's not perfect but he's a bloody great young player and I don't see many better LBs and I watch a lot of football. Can't understand this obsession some have with letting him leave. I'm sure JJ will become a great player but right now we have both and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Never been understand the stick that certain players get for no obvious reason.

He suffered a loss of confidence mid season ........ and the answer to that is for our fanbase to slaughter him ........ just wow !

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He suffered a loss of confidence mid season ........ and the answer to that is for our fanbase to slaughter him ........ just wow !

Exactly! We should be boosting him up not making it worse. He may benefit from playing behind closed doors, it might help his confidence. He looks happy to be back and glad he was training with Madders! Agent Madders make him stay!

On 20/05/2020 at 16:44, Paddy. said:

No m8 what you on about hes shit. Would drive him to the airport myself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/05/2020 at 16:44, Paddy. said:

There's 2 better than him at Leicester

• Like 1

I've genuinely never seen a player more unnaturally excused for like Ben chilwell on this platform.

•He is one footed

•He pushes the ball out of play far too often

•He dangles a leg out hoping to get a block on but it doesn't work and every time someone gets to him you're basically guaranteed a free cross

•For someone supposed to be England's best left back it's weird his best attacking attribute is his ability to run.

Someone mentioned he had a lot of headed clearances, that's great genuinely, but it already establishes what I thought about Chilwell, an immense athlete,an average footballer

Edited by Ginfox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Ginfox said:

I've genuinely never seen a player more unnaturally excused for like Ben chilwell on this platform.

•He is one footed

•He dangles a leg out hoping to get a block on but it doesn't work and every time someone gets to him you're basically guaranteed a free cross

•For someone supposed to be England's best left back it's weird his best attacking attribute is his ability to run.

Someone mentioned he had a lot of headed clearances, that's great genuinely, but it already establishes what I thought about Chilwell, an immense athlete,an average footballer

Harsh, but even if he's an average PL footballer and immense athlete, how good  is he going to be once he reaches his potential?! You could be describing Gareth Bale at 22 there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginfox said:

•He is one footed

Oh come on. 22 years old, Englands first choice LB, in his 3rd season of regularly getting gametime at the top level (most of them under Puel) and an academy graduate. I'm one of his biggest critics but he's better than average.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginfox said:

•He is one footed

So he has somehow fooled and tricked his way right through the academy plus all the managers he has had at Leicester and Gareth Southgate?! Impressive!!!! Give me a break! He is way better than average!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

So he has somehow fooled and tricked his way right through the academy plus all the managers he has had at Leicester and Gareth Southgate?! Impressive!!!! Give me a break! He is way better than average!

I think you are wasting your time. 

The idiots on here will not be happy until he is sold or they have hounded him out of the club. They obviously really rated left backs like Norman Leet & Alan Rogers.

I find this constant criticism of him pathetic & very worrying that apparently loads of our "fans" seem to want to sell people from one of the best teams we have ever had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

The idiots on here will not be happy until he is sold or they have hounded him out of the club. They obviously really rated left backs like Norman Leet & Alan Rogers.

I find this constant criticism of him pathetic & very worrying that apparently loads of our "fans" seem to want to sell people from one of the best teams we have ever had.

Well said! It drives me insane! The lad has clearly suffered hearing it all as well and it has knocked his confidence and they still have a go at him. I hope he stays I really do and proves them all wrong.  The abuse he receives from our own fans is disgusting!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

he's guilty of the most horrible crime, he replaced Christian Fuchs, some people simply cannot accept that Fuchs has been dropped for Footballing reasons and isn't even second choice at LB now. Its just dumb some of the biggest football brains in the country love Chilwell but some in our fans have genuinely said he's not a Premier League footballer.

God help which ever poor sod has to eventually replace Vardy

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

..I think for a lot of people

On 20/05/2020 at 15:12, bmt said:

Commercial is snipped out the picture, that's why it doesn't 

...I think for a lot of people, the big drawback with Chilwell is the Gray effect!!!

The lack of end product is at the forefront of the dismay with Chilwell and he needs to move up another level in order to become the quality player we wish him to be.

The unfortunate injury saga with Tierney has for me negated a very obvious replacement, who has the ability to perform in the last third, a skill that seems to have eluded Chilwell.

It would be beneficial to keep the team together for stability, but we are and will always be at the mercy of the big teams. Should he leave next season, I have no doubt that JJ or Tierney can fill the position.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think for a lot of people, the big drawback with Chilwell is the Gray effect!!!

The lack of end product is at the forefront of the dismay with Chilwell and he needs to move up another level in order to become the quality player we wish him to be.

The unfortunate injury saga with Tierney has for me negated a very obvious replacement, who has the ability to perform in the last third, a skill that seems to have eluded Chilwell.

It would be beneficial to keep the team together for stability, but we are and will always be at the mercy of the big teams. Should he leave next season, I have no doubt that JJ or Tierney can fill the position.

Tierney doesn’t play for us ??????

how much are you proposing we pay for a player whose older and worse than what we already have and also injury prone ??

how about we try and keep the player who is already better than most left backs in the league ??.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Tierney isn't leaving Arsenal to come here is he, come onlol

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tierney doesn’t play for us ??????

how much are you proposing we pay for a player whose older and worse than what we already have and also injury prone ??

how about we try and keep the player who is already better than most left backs in the league ??.

I am totally aware Tierney does not play for us!!!

He would be a very good replacement  but for his injuries, I believe his is a far better player than Chilwell. I would be surprised if he is still at the club next season, he either learns how to play in the last third or he will end up standing still.

Unless we are offered crazy money that would allow us to upgrade 3/4 positions in our team and squad, it would be madness to sell. Chilwell didn't have his best season up to now as he is quality at his best, but I think being on the cusp of moving to man city and remaining would naturally unsettle a player. He is the second or third best left back in the league. Only really Robertson is the stand out left back.

The obvious caveat is the current situation as we may need to sell to improve the squad and chilwell is the one reportedly coveted by chelsea and man city, who both really need a left back of his quality. Hope he does stay and we improve the squad as we are only 2 quality players away from having a very good squad under a very good manager. 

So I guess Pep, Lampard, Southgate, Rodgers etc... are all wrong about him? Yes he has had poor form recently but that has not been the case previously. He has been brilliant for us and England. Too sell him is madness.  We have an exciting young team and to sell a regular first team member is crazy. We need to build on this squad not sell it off.  He is young and will keep improving. Brendan can certainly get the best out of him. He also seems to love his teammates and seems very popular with them.  I guess our "fans" know best though and will keep calling him useless! You couldn't blame him for wanting to go. Jeeez! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

Hales you talk too much sense to post on here.

Since the lockdown I have watched again quite a few of our games this season & you realise even more that Chilwell is vital to the way that we play. His energy & athleticism is awesome & he has created loads of goals & chances. Other than Liverpool he would walk into any Premier team & they would love to have him.

We should be proud that we have produced a player as good as him from our academy

Thank you! I too have watched the highlights and have come to the conclusion I must be seeing different things to most on here! 😂 The last highlights I watched he linked up great with Harvey and both full backs ran the show. He also delivered great crosses and took a brilliant free kick. I really dont understand the constant slating he gets. I glad I'm not the only one that supports him on here. It feels a lonely place being on Chilly's side at times!

• Like 1