Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

I don’t understand why some elements of our ‘support’ seem to be hell bent on getting into some of our young players - it’s exciting to have young players coming through but it’s obvious they will make mistakes and be inconsistent - that’s the downside and a bit of patient and support is needed.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Hales you talk too much sense to post on here.

Since the lockdown I have watched again quite a few of our games this season & you realise even more that Chilwell is vital to the way that we play. His energy & athleticism is awesome & he has created loads of goals & chances. Other than Liverpool he would walk into any Premier team & they would love to have him.

We should be proud that we have produced a player as good as him from our academy

16 hours ago, Hales said:

Thank you! I too have watched the highlights and have come to the conclusion I must be seeing different things to most on here! 😂 The last highlights I watched he linked up great with Harvey and both full backs ran the show. He also delivered great crosses and took a brilliant free kick. I really dont understand the constant slating he gets. I glad I'm not the only one that supports him on here. It feels a lonely place being on Chilly's side at times!

16 hours ago, majaco said:

I was horrified at the abuse our fans gave to Chilwell.  He's good.  Give him two years , he might get to Fuchs 2016 level.  He came througn the academy, he's England's left back.  With confidence, he will excel.  I remember him putting the frighteners up Atletico in 2017.

Nah, you’re all wrong .....he’s sh1t 

I know this cos I once played football manager ........

• Like 1

I think if he had the passing, crossing and shooting ability of Fuchs, there'd genuinely be the best of the best after him.

He can be frustrating and if we did end up selling him for a chunk of money, I think we now seem to be back at a level recruitment-wise where we could replace him well.

I think it's a case of people not realising what they have until it's gone. This is a young lad who still has another few years before he even peaks. If he can keep improving on his position and technical aspect of his game, the sky is the limit for him.

We could be playing champions league football with 2 or 3 academy graduates starting games on merit and being key players. How mad is that?!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I love Fuchsy but I'm willing to bet that BC is slightly better than he was at 23. Fuchsy was on loan at Mainz at the time, made 31 appearances and didn't score, which suggests he wasn't the finished article at 23 either.

Exactly, Ben is young and not at his peak yet. He is still learning his trade. If we sell I think we will really regret it. He needs to stay!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I love Fuchsy but I'm willing to bet that BC is slightly better than he was at 23. Fuchsy was on loan at Mainz at the time, made 31 appearances and didn't score, which suggests he wasn't the finished article at 23 either.

...no doubt playing at Left Back!!!

Lots of goals are scored from that position!!!

On 23/05/2020 at 10:28, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I don’t understand why some elements of our ‘support’ seem to be hell bent on getting into some of our young players - it’s exciting to have young players coming through but it’s obvious they will make mistakes and be inconsistent - that’s the downside and a bit of patient and support is needed.

Lets be honest, these are the same types of people who wanted to get rid of Schmeichel early on. They see a promising young player making mistakes, and think the best solution is to replace them with seasoned veterans of the premier league. Unfortunately, if we made a habit of doing that, the best we would ever be is mid-table.

• Like 2

The sample size is very small but Justin showed in a few games that there's some frustrating flaws in Chiwell's game by being much more dangerous in possession. Chilwell's good in the air, has a great engine and carries the ball up the pitch at decent volumes but his decision making and crossing aren't great let's be honest. He's hardly the most assured defensively either. I want him to succeed because he's obviously came through the academy but if we can become a better team by selling him and reinvesting that's worth pursuing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

The sample size is very small but Justin showed in a few games that there's some frustrating flaws in Chiwell's game by being much more dangerous in possession. Chilwell's good in the air, has a great engine and carries the ball up the pitch at decent volumes but his decision making and crossing aren't great let's be honest. He's hardly the most assured defensively either. I want him to succeed because he's obviously came through the academy but if we can become a better team by selling him and reinvesting that's worth pursuing.

the sample size of Justin at left back consists of one game, against a terrible Villa team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

the sample size of Justin at left back consists of one game, against a terrible Villa team

He's played 202 pl minutes so like I said a small sample size but he's been impressive in the cups too and when he came on against Watford at LWB

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's played 202 pl minutes so like I said a small sample size but he's been impressive in the cups too and when he came on against Watford at LWB

he didn't play left back in the cups he played right back so again his sample size as a left back is 1 game, he also started at right back in the West Ham away game so he's played about 22 mins as a sub often in front of Chilwell on the left wing

Edited by Jimmy

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Remains Chelsea’s no 1 target - £85 million apparently we want - coming from Ornstein at The Athletic 

Surely it's got to be a case of saying 'not for sale'. We don't know for sure how long it will be until Ricardo is match fit, I really can't see Fuchs staying on next year if there could potentially be problems with him flying back and forth to NY. If he were to go that's too just too many changes in defence at once for my liking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Surely it's got to be a case of saying 'not for sale'. We don't know for sure how long it will be until Ricardo is match fit, I really can't see Fuchs staying on next year if there could potentially be problems with him flying back and forth to NY. If he were to go that's too just too many changes in defence at once for my liking. 

I like our stance, we did the same with Maguire. Where we named an absolutely outrageous price and barely budged even when the player begged to be sold. We know that " some " clubs are daft enough to pay such obscene fee's. That said, I cannot see how there will be an £85m bid for him given how hard football is likely to be hit in the short to medium term from this pandemic. Even prior to that I don't think he's worth more than £50-60m but there's plenty of potential still there, is Lampard a better coach than Rodgers though? Highly debatable.

Sounds like a Maguire style stance and if we stick with that (I.e. pay over the odds or piss off), then the club has my total support. 

We need to show we're not a pushover/selling club. 

Surely if someone wants to pay £85m or thereabouts for Chilwell we would have to let them, whether we get CL or not? We'd be mad not to. Alright he's not half as bad as some make out but is he an £85m player? Not for me Clive.

Then again now Congerton is at the wheel inviting any changes to the team through recruitment is taking a huge risk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Remains Chelsea’s no 1 target - £85 million apparently we want - coming from Ornstein at The Athletic 

Ornstein chats waffle majority of the time.

I absolutely love Chilwell and think he'll be England's leftback for the next 7/8 years.

But 85m is ridiculous. Very similar to Maguire, there gets to a point where he's just not worth keeping for that price.

Sell him and chuck a third of it at Benfica for Grimaldo. 

• Like 3

If chelsea are willing to pay anything around 70, I would sell. Nothing against chilwell, i love a home grown player playing for us. However, that could fund our whole summer at a time where we wont have much money at all. Hope they dont and we keep him, but 70 in this market would be too much imo to turn down. 

If we sell him for 50m+ I consider it good business.

We have a player able to replace him, although the injury to Ricardo might be an issue.

We have a business ideal of selling one big asset every season, I think Chilwell is the one that I would deal with the easiest.

Edited by Chrysalis