Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Why wouldn't other, richer teams want England's first choice left back? People are too quick to dismiss every rumour as made up by the press. Business is still being done, telephones don't transmit the virus. It's extremely possible and quite likely that Chelsea are after our player.

We know the drill. Let a star go each season, big money. 

Those who will be angered by that statement forget where we sit in footballs elite.  Players heads are filled by playing for one of the big clubs in their career. We are an emerging force, heading in right direction. Could we be considered in same vein one day, who knows?

But cant knock anyone for wanting to test themselves at a bigger club. Bigger being - stadium perhaps, history, silverware, status, geographical location, money etc...

Our model during the early stage of our emergence has been exceptional. The plan will be of course one day for players to see we are near as damn it close enough to it (some may argue were not far off now).

The training facility moves us even closer to them, I firmly believe that we are in great hands.

Chilwell has done well, englands first choice but not huge competition.  Hes struggled this year, hint of Drinky about that path should he leave.

No grudges but I trust we can replace well enough. (Justin may even get a chance?)

• Like 4

I can see it being an enticing move for him. I get he's playing with his 'mates' but in the same token, a lot of his mates have either moved or will be moving on. Plus, in the football world and with England, I'm sure he has plenty of mates at Chelsea already.

Good chance to rinse Chelsea of some cash. Interesting how close he is with DD and what influence that could have on any decision as to how he describes his own treatment at Chelsea.

I've given my fair share of critism towards him but I believe he has a lot more to offer. Hopefully thats with us and not Chelsea.

Edited by adejo92

I'm really torn on this, I want all the best players at our club and on his day he's one of those but his form was so poor this season, I think some our tactics in some games hung him out to dry which may have him looking at other clubs but in that he may not suit what BR is trying to do, in Brendan we trust

2 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

The problem is with Newcastle’s new found wealth is there a likelihood that this may push our progression back a bit due to them being to sign ‘ready made players”?

Can they do that though? They may have a wealthy owner but the rules of FFP will still restrict them. They're not going to be the next Man City regardless of what that nutty fanbase thinks is going to happen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Can they do that though? They may have a wealthy owner but the rules of FFP will still restrict them. They're not going to be the next Man City regardless of what that nutty fanbase thinks is going to happen 

I just thought FFP is being relaxed so won’t be a problem 

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

On 09/05/2020 at 08:31, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah I do agree in theory chelsea will have money to spend but what I'm trying to say is the football economy is completely up in the air at the moment, for a number of reasons.

1. loss of revenues from being behind closed doors. Which is gate receipts, hospitality, food and beverage, events, sponsors etc I know in the premier league TV money and rich owners are king but this will have to have a huge effect on budgets.

2. Global recession. Just as an example In the USA unployment is currently at around 15% unemployment, this will be happening globally I doubt there will be a country that doesn't post a rise in unemployment in the coming months. I'm not sure when the current tv deals are up but this will have to effect the global TV revenue. Jobless and poor people don't tend to shell out for English Premier League games. 

3. The potential collapse of leauge 1 and 2 meaning lots of out of work professional footballers potential pushing wages down (or up for that matter).

Like I say I would be surprised if big clubs don't mainly stick with what they have this summer and see how the land lies in jan/summer 2021. I would be shocked to see chelsea spend the 170+ million on transfer fee and wages now.

If it does end up being this way, with very few high-profile signings, then it could be the perfect time for us to do some, would keep us the edge we had against the Top 6 this season. Although of course because of everything you said it makes things risky.

On 09/05/2020 at 06:45, Fightforever said:

We need 4 academy graduate players to get into UCL along with our 25 man squad factoring we only currently have 3 of these in the first team we should be charging at least 100m to even consider it since it lowers our options in terms of how many players we can take with us in the UCL squad unless a youngster were to break through the U23s and be at the level required to be useful at champions league level. It would be imperative that we keep him at all costs!

Do we actually? That's kind of surprising to me. I suppose we can just chuck in the 3rd choice goalkeeper to Chilwell, Barnes and Hamza. 

Has to go for more or the same as Maguire much better player than maguire granted different position but he is a lot better than people make out.

Chillwell is a very good left back and I'd only feel comfortable selling if we had bought Alex telles already!!! 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Do we actually? That's kind of surprising to me. I suppose we can just chuck in the 3rd choice goalkeeper to Chilwell, Barnes and Hamza. 

Yes but don't you see how it gives chilwell extra value. And how we can extort that.

• Like 1

Struggle to see how they could pay for him to be honest as I am sure we would ask for a lot of money. This whole current situation will massively limit transfers and they are unlikely to get telles as he is reportedly off to psg which strengthens our hand. The only option I can see is money and players in exchange if it does happen. Think it will be a summer of wheeling and dealing for 95 per cent of all clubs 

Guest Cujek
On 09/05/2020 at 17:01, Lineker's Left Foot said:

The problem is with Newcastle’s new found wealth is there a likelihood that this may push our progression back a bit due to them being to sign ‘ready made players”?

they will spunk 250 million and finish mid table a la Everton.

45 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Is there any indication we're after another left back other than the trash "Leicester will get Tierney" articles?

We were linked with tsimikas from olympiakos if I remember right in the Greek press. Think we have also been very loosely linked with gosen at atalanta and saka. Recent one seems to have been Jakobs at koln but he usually plays a bit further forward. 

I really think we should hang on to him. Yes he has overall had a poor season we know he is capable of much more. We also need a good squad for Europe and I dont like the idea of selling to close rivals either.  

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 17:01, Lineker's Left Foot said:

People said the same about Everton, a billion pound later and they'd do well to finish in the top 10.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why isn't James Justin being mentioned as a replacement? Didn't he play left back for Luton?

He mainly plays as a right back. I think we need him plus chilly and Ricardo as we need the cover for injuries, squad rotation etc. As it currently stands we have someone to slot in but if chilwell goes we wont have that. Chilwell needs to stay plus JJ! I can't understand the mentality of wanting to sell a regular first team player to a close rival! He hasn't had the greatest season but we all know he can play better. He is always written off too quickly. JJ is also new to the prem and yes he has been good in the appearances he has played but he also needs time to adjust.