Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I’d bring in Ryan Frazer on a free 100% he strengthens the squad. Wouldn’t mind Joshua king either we need options and at the minute we don’t have many. 

I think we have loads of options - what we need is one starting nailed on quality not even an option just first name on the winger team sheet player. We’ve got above average options. Signing more of the same, for me is absolutely not what we need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If messi goes to man city would mahrez be up for sale? We're a much better team than when he forced his way out and despite him being bit of an arse i personally would still take him back.

Even if he was an option there’s no way he’d come back. I d9nt think he’d help the dressing room mentality either now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I think we have loads of options - what we need is one starting nailed on quality not even an option just first name on the winger team sheet player. We’ve got above average options. Signing more of the same, for me is absolutely not what we need.

Loads of options really? We’ve never replaced mahrez and we need a striker, a CB and LB at minimum. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Loads of options really? We’ve never replaced mahrez and we need a striker, a CB and LB at minimum. 

On the wing / wide if Barnes starts we have Albrighton Perez and Gray - we don’t need another player of similar calibre. 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

On the wing / wide if Barnes starts we have Albrighton Perez and Gray - we don’t need another player of similar calibre. 

Albrighton as much as I like him days are numbered, Gray you never know what your going to get from him. Perez isn’t a winger. So that just leaves Barnes. So yes we do need more options. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Albrighton as much as I like him days are numbered, Gray you never know what your going to get from him. Perez isn’t a winger. So that just leaves Barnes. So yes we do need more options. 

You’re entirely missing my point. The list I gave are all ‘options’ or back up - not starters. We need a starter. I’m saying that player is not Ryan Fraser- we have options already at that level.

23 minutes ago, Nick said:

Even if he was an option there’s no way he’d come back. I d9nt think he’d help the dressing room mentality either now.

If he did come he would win us games which is what this squad needs right now to get back on it's feet, also if he is forced out for messi we're probably the only viable option for him in the prem, only other good team in need of a rw is man united and i cant see man city wanting to strengthen them.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

You’re entirely missing my point. The list I gave are all ‘options’ or back up - not starters. We need a starter. I’m saying that player is not Ryan Fraser- we have options already at that level.

I think Frazer is better than two of those and on a free it would be good business especially if we lose anyone.

23 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I think Frazer is better than two of those and on a free it would be good business especially if we lose anyone.

Maybe just better but certainly not on last seasons form. If he still commands a wage it’s irrelevant for me if he arrives for free if he’s just another mediocre option - for me we have them already. I’d like us to go get somebody who’s a class above.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Maybe just better but certainly not on last seasons form. If he still commands a wage it’s irrelevant for me if he arrives for free if he’s just another mediocre option - for me we have them already. I’d like us to go get somebody who’s a class above.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love a top player to come in and start every game but I’m not feeling it in this transfer window. Seems strange we’ve not got anyone through the door yet.

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Don’t get me wrong I’d love a top player to come in and start every game but I’m not feeling it in this transfer window. Seems strange we’ve not got anyone through the door yet.

Plenty of time buddy.

44 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It depends what you mean by bids. The process as I understand it is often a negotation via phone/WhatsApp/email/Zoom, sometimes (less so due to COVID) in-person negotiation. You typically only see formal bids put in towards the end of negotiations when it is clear what the overall fee is going to be and it comes down to structure and guarantee of payments.

I tend to take no notice when you hear these stories like a rejected Sheffield United bid for Matty Cash - it's not like you've got a DoF sat there going 'okay, let's ring them and say £15m', Forest say no, and then you're sat there thinking should we go higher. It's often an open dialogue just like you'd negotiate to sell a car or house etc, and those sorts of stories are all agent and club posturing to speed up deals or attract competition.

City are very good at doing this sort of negotiation without it being leaked because they do it all themselves - Rudkin, Neville and co. have done it together for years now and they aren't dependant on outward noises or involvement from agents like Arsenal (Joorabchian), Wolves (Mendes) or less so Man United at the moment (Solbakken). In fact, United and Dortmund are each paying agents and intermediaries to broker the Sancho deal for them - that is an impossible mine of false rumours to negotiate through as a supporter. You might get whispers from the other side, which we generally frown upon and it has caused us to walk away from a few negotiations before from what I've heard. But even with our more 'public' deals like Kante and Praet, that was only because Caen/Sampdoria were eager to generate a bidding war in each case.

When a deal is near completion, City will go to their trusted journalists and brief them on a deal because it's good extended PR for the club. Newcastle United are another good example of a club that like to do things secretly and quietly at the moment, hence why Perez was virtually signed before we'd even heard his name linked.

No news is not good news when the season is a fortnight away but when it's us it's hardly bad news either. Patience is required for another 7-10 days yet, I think.

Is there something we can take to help with that? Most on here - your poster included - are struggling with the concept of waiting another 7-10 hours!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It depends what you mean by bids. The process as I understand it is often a negotation via phone/WhatsApp/email/Zoom, sometimes (less so due to COVID) in-person negotiation. You typically only see formal bids put in towards the end of negotiations when it is clear what the overall fee is going to be and it comes down to structure and guarantee of payments.

I tend to take no notice when you hear these stories like a rejected Sheffield United bid for Matty Cash - it's not like you've got a DoF sat there going 'okay, let's ring them and say £15m', Forest say no, and then you're sat there thinking should we go higher. It's often an open dialogue just like you'd negotiate to sell a car or house etc, and those sorts of stories are all agent and club posturing to speed up deals or attract competition.

City are very good at doing this sort of negotiation without it being leaked because they do it all themselves - Rudkin, Neville and co. have done it together for years now and they aren't dependant on outward noises or involvement from agents like Arsenal (Joorabchian), Wolves (Mendes) or less so Man United at the moment (Solbakken). In fact, United and Dortmund are each paying agents and intermediaries to broker the Sancho deal for them - that is an impossible mine of false rumours to negotiate through as a supporter. You might get whispers from the other side, which we generally frown upon and it has caused us to walk away from a few negotiations before from what I've heard. But even with our more 'public' deals like Kante and Praet, that was only because Caen/Sampdoria were eager to generate a bidding war in each case.

When a deal is near completion, City will go to their trusted journalists and brief them on a deal because it's good extended PR for the club. Newcastle United are another good example of a club that like to do things secretly and quietly at the moment, hence why Perez was virtually signed before we'd even heard his name linked.

No news is not good news when the season is a fortnight away but when it's us it's hardly bad news either. Patience is required for another 7-10 days yet, I think.

Dortmund are paying an absolute fortune in agent fees. Shady things going on at that club.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa I can see Messi going somewhere surprising, if he does indeed leave on a free. Take on a project to see whether he alone can turn a crap club in to trophy contenders. Spurs then.

Isnt he leaving Barca because theyve become the crap club? I think he actually wants to go piss the league somewhere. 

Take solace in the fact that although we are (ominously apparently) silent, and people are getting twitchy and nervous, we are not Manchester United, those poor souls are in despair and the mere suggestion that Manchester City could actually sign Messi is just too much for some