Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

I want someone who can get a bit angry (not Cags "I'm going to twat him" angry), but someone in the midfield who isn't a passive tippy tappy type. 

Wilf, Youri Albrighton, Barnes, Gray, Perez, Maddison, etc are all a bit too nice and, well, unassertive.

Hamza is assertive, but too volatile to be fully trusted.

I'd be happy with a midfield general type who can organise, moan, cajole, inspire and drag those around him to perform a little better when the going gets tough.     

11 minutes ago, Milo said:

I want someone who can get a bit angry (not Cags "I'm going to twat him" angry), but someone in the midfield who isn't a passive tippy tappy type. 

Wilf, Youri Albrighton, Barnes, Gray, Perez, Maddison, etc are all a bit too nice and, well, unassertive.

I'd be happy with a midfield general type who can organise, moan, cajole, inspire and drag those around him to perform a little better when the going gets tough.     

Yep. Mad bastard required.

23 minutes ago, Milo said:

I hear lee cattermole is a free agent :ph34r:

4 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It depends what you mean by bids. The process as I understand it is often a negotation via phone/WhatsApp/email/Zoom, sometimes (less so due to COVID) in-person negotiation. You typically only see formal bids put in towards the end of negotiations when it is clear what the overall fee is going to be and it comes down to structure and guarantee of payments.

I tend to take no notice when you hear these stories like a rejected Sheffield United bid for Matty Cash - it's not like you've got a DoF sat there going 'okay, let's ring them and say £15m', Forest say no, and then you're sat there thinking should we go higher. It's often an open dialogue just like you'd negotiate to sell a car or house etc, and those sorts of stories are all agent and club posturing to speed up deals or attract competition.

City are very good at doing this sort of negotiation without it being leaked because they do it all themselves - Rudkin, Neville and co. have done it together for years now and they aren't dependant on outward noises or involvement from agents like Arsenal (Joorabchian), Wolves (Mendes) or less so Man United at the moment (Solbakken). In fact, United and Dortmund are each paying agents and intermediaries to broker the Sancho deal for them - that is an impossible mine of false rumours to negotiate through as a supporter. You might get whispers from the other side, which we generally frown upon and it has caused us to walk away from a few negotiations before from what I've heard. But even with our more 'public' deals like Kante and Praet, that was only because Caen/Sampdoria were eager to generate a bidding war in each case.

When a deal is near completion, City will go to their trusted journalists and brief them on a deal because it's good extended PR for the club. Newcastle United are another good example of a club that like to do things secretly and quietly at the moment, hence why Perez was virtually signed before we'd even heard his name linked.

No news is not good news when the season is a fortnight away but when it's us it's hardly bad news either. Patience is required for another 7-10 days yet, I think.

....significantly Leicester City paid £15.4m in agent fees for the 2019/2020 season!!!

34 minutes ago, Milo said:

What's Danny Tiatto up to nowadays? 

34 minutes ago, Milo said:

...Diallo will do the trick, leads by example and dominant in the middle of the park!!!

DM has been sorted out, Mendy will back Ndidi up for a while to come. This leaves Hamza in an interesting position where Rodgers sees him as a number 8 but he has the raw tools but needs a lot of time to adapt to the role, which he won't get as 4th choice midfielder for the two positions in the midfield. I really think a loan to a team like Brighton maybe or West Brom, or even a possession heavy team in the Championship, would be great for him, with Dewsbury-Hall filling his role this season if Rodgers really wants to use him as part of the squad like reported.

I can’t believe king Wilson and brooks are still up for grabs they’d all strengthen us we’ve put the pressure on us again by letting a player go before we’ve replaced him so now we need a new left back. I hope all the money from Chilwell we be spent plus a few more quid in the next few days. 

46 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I can’t believe king Wilson and brooks are still up for grabs they’d all strengthen us we’ve put the pressure on us again by letting a player go before we’ve replaced him so now we need a new left back. I hope all the money from Chilwell we be spent plus a few more quid in the next few days. 

they are up for grabs because Bournemouth are quoting £35-40m for them each, madness.

It is getting late now - we need four positions filling (LB - preferably 28/29 yo - a CB, a RW and an 8) with just over two weeks to the first game. Hope to see at least two arrive within the next 7 days, hopefully the other two before 12th September. 

It is the hope that kills...

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It is getting late now - we need four positions filling (LB - preferably 28/29 yo - a CB, a RW and an 8) with just over two weeks to the first game. Hope to see at least two arrive within the next 7 days, hopefully the other two before 12th September. 

It is the hope that kills...

Dont think we need an 8 personally, not worth the money for a bench option when KDH and Tavares are coming through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Dont think we need an 8 personally, not worth the money for a bench option when KDH and Tavares are coming through.

Depends on if we're serious about trying for top 6 and having a non embarrassing run in the Europa League or whether we just want to not get relegated.