Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question.... is there a problem with that? 

No not at all! Think it actually highlights how much connection there is between transfers. It made me laugh in their statement that they make a point about saying how Sarr is also useful left of a three or at left back lol 

Just now, AjcW said:

No not at all! Think it actually highlights how much connection there is between transfers. It made me laugh in their statement that they make a point about saying how Sarr is also useful left of a three or at left back lol 

😆 yeah. I can see this panning out now. Good business if we pull it off imo. Solves our CB problem, without spending on the fee. Be good to have options of Söyüncü, Evans, Benkovic and M.Sarr (and Wes!). Think we’ll need all of them at some point tbh

45 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd be amazed given our exit last night if either one or both of McGregor or Edouard are not at Leicester when the window closes. Although your not in need of midfielders and there are far more priority areas needing strengthened Rodgers seems to love signing midfielders and McGregor would be useful in that he can carry the ball and drive forward from midfield, maybe less passive than a lot of the midfield play is latterly.

..I believe had we not been committed to the Tielemanns deal, when Rodgers came, we would have picked up McGregor!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Won't make nearly as much cash that way. If you play everywhere you go, not sure why it becomes an issue. Why should you care and get attached to the club you play for? We like players that play for the badge, but in the end its a job same as any other job. I don't know if I could get attached to a club other than the one that brought me through, and Nice have dropped him. I think it's respectable to be a journeyman.

Plenty of players been ruined by Chelsea by being loaned out year after year, it's not a move you make if you have ambition imo.

20 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Deals can be done if you really want them done. This window is the same as every window we have disappointing, we’ll be trying to bring someone in on the last day again🤦🏻‍♂️

In 2018/19 in one transfer window we brought in Maddison, Ricardo and Cags. Last season admittedly was a bit quieter, but we did manage to bring in Tielemans. Not exactly that terrible in the grand scheme of things :dunno:

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

In 2018/19 in one transfer window we brought in Maddison, Ricardo and Cags. Last season admittedly was a bit quieter, but we did manage to bring in Tielemans. Not exactly that terrible in the grand scheme of things :dunno:

...Tielemans was an option to buy so a nailed on purchase and picked up Perez out of the blue and overpaid!!!

It feels like a paradox in respect of players as the clubs make enquiries but the players don't want to go there, hence why we are struggling to get deals over the line.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Tielemans was an option to buy so a nailed on purchase and picked up Perez out of the blue and overpaid!!!

It feels like a paradox in respect of players as the clubs make enquiries but the players don't want to go there, hence why we are struggling to get deals over the line.

It definitely wasn't an option to buy, hence why it took us two months to negotiate a deal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It definitely wasn't an option to buy, hence why it took us two months to negotiate a deal.

Exactly. If there was there would have been no excitement with Big Daddy and his plane spotting heroics, and then the whole thing would have been extremely boring. 

42 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Only way I’d be happy with signing Sarr on loan is if there is an option to buy, otherwise he can **** off back to Ligue 1. 

See that would piss me off more, could have got him for free but end up lining Chelsea's pockets to the tune of £15m or so.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

See that would piss me off more, could have got him for free but end up lining Chelsea's pockets to the tune of £15m or so.

Agreed, we move on now. We don't develop him for them either.

Still plenty of great options out there, including Thauvin and Stengs. (Or both)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rachhere said:

One good window in the last 10 isn’t very good to me 🤷🏼‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Regrettably @Ric Flair we don't know that - he may have only been prepared to talk to clubs willing to pay him a signing on fee of £X or weekly wages of £Y, both being beyond our budget. He's probably got a six figures a week deal at Chelsea and he wouldn't have got that with us. 

• Like 1