Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Only way I could see Sarr coming here is if it was part of the Chilwell deal.

Why would Chelsea want to strength us? We were their closest rival this season.

Getting worried about my prediction now, I said by the end of the weekend we'd have someone signed. For that to happen you'd think we'd need to see some movement later on tonight or tomorrow.

OK so if we do not sign anyone is there anyone on here who would be happy or actually would even be content?  I honestly see us struggling for top 10 and an exit in the early stages of Europa. 

Edited by hejammy

Just now, hejammy said:

OK so if we do not sign anyone is there anyone on here who would be happy or actually would even be content? 

Of course not, we have lost a first team player and not replaced him, were are therefore likely weaker at best  AND we have a euro competition meaning more games.

The only way such an outcome is tolerable is if it were (for some reason) unavoidable.

I'd love to know who has been sold this window, that people would like to have seen at Leicester? 

Chelsea aside, there's been so little movement I don't understand the big panic. 

I only want signed and sealed names, anything else is speculation at this point and we know the club keeps things close to it's chest.

• Like 2

Will suggest a what is happening for our current transfer window

• we are after players, such as Tagliafico, who are quite entitled to fancy Champions League football
  • such players see us as decent but still hope to get interest from clubs in the Champions League or who usually get in it
  • therefore such players play the long game and will wait for such offers
  • if it gets later in the window, said player will may shrug and go, Leicester it is then

Sound reasonable?  :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

OK so if we do not sign anyone is there anyone on here who would be happy or actually would even be content?  I honestly see us struggling for top 10 and an exit in the early stages of Europa. 

It's pretty clear we need to strengthen the squad in certain areas. 

We all want that to happen now. But signing players can be a lengthy process. We just have to trust the club.

When you take a look at the other teams in the league. Hardly anyone has made signings worthy of attention apart from Chelsea. Don't panic yet.

When you have Jurgen Klopp the manager of the champions and recent champions league winners say he doesn’t know what his budget is, it gives you an indication of the difficulties facing clubs. 

This pandemic has thrown various and much bigger clubs into a state of caution. It’s going to be a difficult window and perhaps the best way for clubs to proceed is with what they’ve got until some sense of normality returns. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I'd love to know who has been sold this window, that people would like to have seen at Leicester? 

Chelsea aside, there's been so little movement I don't understand the big panic. 

I only want signed and sealed names, anything else is speculation at this point and we know the club keeps things close to it's chest.

What with our strong finish to the season, and the new season being a fortnight away, you're right. Nothing to worry about at all.  :frantics:

Seriously though, we were so poor for such a long long time, and with a quick turnaround until we go again I think it is understandable that people are nervous.

We can't afford to start the season off with 13 points from 14 games (or whatever it was that we finished the season with), and with no new blood, a suspension and injuries I think we will struggle. 

46 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We could very easily be fighting relegation battle if the worst was to happen and we got a free key players injured. 

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

What with our strong finish to the season, and the new season being a fortnight away, you're right. Nothing to worry about at all.  :frantics:

Seriously though, we were so poor for such a long long time, and with a quick turnaround until we go again I think it is understandable that people are nervous.

We can't afford to start the season off with 13 points from 14 games (or whatever it was that we finished the season with), and with no new blood, a suspension and injuries I think we will struggle. 

But my point is, we are no different to any other club in this regard, Chelsea aside and for all we know we could still have a few in before the season starts. 

Regardless of who we bring win, we will and always would be weaker at the start of the season with no Fuchs, riccy p, madders unlikely to be fit and Evans suspended. 

It's gonna be a weird season all round for everyone and the lack of movement in the transfer market highlights this

37 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Arsenal: Willian

Liverpool: Kostas

Chelsea: Ziyech

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I have this horrible feeling we're about to "do a Tottenham".

Build a cheese room? At the new training ground?

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Build a cheese room? At the new training ground?

I was thinking a "sign absolutely bloody no-one" situation rather than a "build a billion pound stadium right before a global pandemic which means you can't fill it or recoup your losses"

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I was thinking a "sign absolutely bloody no-one" situation rather than a "build a billion pound stadium right before a global pandemic which means you can't fill it or recoup your losses"

Whereas I was clearly thinking of cheese :thumbup:

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

True BUT not many other clubs are going to be starting with a weakened side and one with some of our biggest names on the injury list.

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

True BUT not many other clubs are going to be starting with a weakened side and one with some of our biggest names on the injury list.

True, but your transfer policy had to be about getting the best and the right players in for the whole season, not just the first month.

15 days until the season starts and no players signed.

Since December 2019 it has showed that we need at least 5 players.

CB, 2 Wingers, ST, and now a LB.

No movement what so ever other than players going out.

I don't know about you but I'm shitting it for next season and we will carry our relegation form into next season 

Just now, shailen said:

I don't know why we aren't going after Jamal Lewis. Think he'd do well for us and surely we can get him for £15-£20m. Other than that I'd take Bryan from Fulham. 

You may as well  play Thomas if you want to develop youth potential.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You may as well  play Thomas if you want to develop youth potential.

It's probably too much to ask him to play more than 20-25 games. I don't think we can go into this season with him as our first choice LB. It's too much to expect from him at this stage. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

It's probably too much to ask him to play more than 20-25 games. I don't think we can go into this season with him as our first choice LB. It's too much to expect from him at this stage. 

But I don't see Lewis as being any better than Thomas. Young lad with potential to improve. Surely we need an experienced left back whom Thomas can learn from and gradually integrate him into the team over the next 3 years, as we did with Chilwell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But I don't see Lewis as being any better than Thomas. Young lad with potential to improve. Surely we need an experienced left back whom Thomas can learn from and gradually integrate him into the team over the next 3 years, as we did with Chilwell.

I think it's too early to rely on Thomas as our number 1 LB. He showed glimpses of quality for sure but also some flaws especially against Spurs. Its expected from an inexperienced player. 

Maybe you are right and maybe we need someone who is more experienced. I just don't think there is anyone we can get better than Lewis without spending more than £15-£20m and not buying someone who is well past it.