Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Depends on if we're serious about trying for top 6 and having a non embarrassing run in the Europa League or whether we just want to not get relegated.

We're not man city, we cant have 2 maddison/tielemans quality players sitting on our bench as backup. 

Just now, honeybradger said:

Surely that's the same as promoting KDH/tavares? Maybe not as good as first choice or even praet yet but could be by the end of the year.

It depends on how much the club rates those players. They could be the answer, but it might be worth investing in someone with a bit more promise and experience.

I think Tavares' contract is up this time next year. Apparently, he won't sign a new one unless he's allowed out on loan. The club don't want him out on loan until he signs a new contract. It could be that the solution is to have him in the first team squad this season.

Windows open for 6 more weeks!

our plans will have changed following COVID-19 but am sure we will still sign some quality. 

might just mean that we promote some youth rather than splashing out on squad players. We’ll have 3 or 4 first teamers in before the window closes 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

they are up for grabs because Bournemouth are quoting £35-40m for them each, madness.

Nobody’s bid though as far as we know to temp them try and get the players head turned, that’s what everyone does to us. 

Very few teams have actually completed much business yet. I know it’s a little ‘squeaky bum’ at the minute but we have been extremely diligent in the market recently and I am hoping we are doing our due diligence hence the slow burn on transfers. I maybe wrong but hope not.  Interesting that the whole Brentford front three have yet to be seriously courted atm. 

I'd be amazed given our exit last night if either one or both of McGregor or Edouard are not at Leicester when the window closes. Although your not in need of midfielders and there are far more priority areas needing strengthened Rodgers seems to love signing midfielders and McGregor would be useful in that he can carry the ball and drive forward from midfield, maybe less passive than a lot of the midfield play is latterly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd be amazed given our exit last night if either one or both of McGregor or Edouard are not at Leicester when the window closes. Although your not in need of midfielders and there are far more priority areas needing strengthened Rodgers seems to love signing midfielders and McGregor would be useful in that he can carry the ball and drive forward from midfield, maybe less passive than a lot of the midfield play is latterly.

Is McGregor more of a Tielemans/Maddison than an Ndidi?

I think even if Praet stays we have a need for an extra body in there given Brendan typically likes 7 in his squad for a 4-3-3 - Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, McGregor, Tielemans, Maddison?

I just don't think there is the appetite for a striker this summer, certainly not a £30m+ one like Edouard would be.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Is McGregor more of a Tielemans/Maddison than an Ndidi?

I think even if Praet stays we have a need for an extra body in there given Brendan typically likes 7 in his squad for a 4-3-3 - Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, McGregor, Tielemans, Maddison?

I just don't think there is the appetite for a striker this summer, certainly not a £30m+ one like Edouard would be.

It really depends, he can play as a 6, 8 or a 10 equally well. The last couple of seasons he has excelled for us playing as an 8 (most of the time) however early on in Rodgers tenure he was equally effective in the 10 and scored a fair few goals. I'm not sure where he'd play in Leicester's system or if the system would change to 3-5-2 to accommodate him or what. It's difficult to second guess as I guess Tielemans also can play a different couple of roles and you'll know better than I do in which one he's most effective. I'd say with Maddison around McGregor wouldn't be in the 10 role anyway.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

It is getting late now - we need four positions filling (LB - preferably 28/29 yo - a CB, a RW and an 8) with just over two weeks to the first game. Hope to see at least two arrive within the next 7 days, hopefully the other two before 12th September. 

It is the hope that kills...

Left back is really the only one we need before the first game, centreback and RW can wait. We currently are looking at a very inexperienced backline to begin with. 

You would have thought with EL football we may have had a bit of power in the transfer market.. A player list would surely have been drawn up after last summers window and then again in Jan for this summers window.. Obviously our league position would affect the players we can attract...

to not be able to get any one in whilst we were in a CL place and now that we are in a EL place is worrying..

Chances are, we are without Ricardo, Evans, Fuchs and Maddison for our opening league game..

if we don’t start this season like last..it’s going to be a long long season..EL will take a back seat also, spoiling last seasons efforts..

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This transfer really boils my piss. Absolute complete lack of ambition from Sarr.

He's not a fantastic player and probably knows it. If he signs for Chelsea he'll get a better wage than almost anywhere else, and will get the chance to play football all over the continent. I honestly would strongly consider the same decision in his position. 

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Very few teams have actually completed much business yet. I know it’s a little ‘squeaky bum’ at the minute but we have been extremely diligent in the market recently and I am hoping we are doing our due diligence hence the slow burn on transfers. I maybe wrong but hope not.  Interesting that the whole Brentford front three have yet to be seriously courted atm. 

I'm shocked Benrahma is still there, would have thought many teams would be in for him. Everton, Southampton, Aston Villa, Burnley, Palace if they sell Zaha, even Arsenal, could all use him. 

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not a fantastic player and probably knows it. If he signs for Chelsea he'll get a better wage than almost anywhere else, and will get the chance to play football all over the continent. I honestly would strongly consider the same decision in his position. 

I get that but he's effectively joining a footballer farm where he'll get punted all over Europe at a different club each season. He should back his own ability and join a club that really wants him, put down some roots and go on to make a name for himself.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I get that but he's effectively joining a footballer farm where he'll get punted all over Europe at a different club each season. He should back his own ability and join a club that really wants him, put down some roots and go on to make a name for himself.

Won't make nearly as much cash that way. If you play everywhere you go, not sure why it becomes an issue. Why should you care and get attached to the club you play for? We like players that play for the badge, but in the end its a job same as any other job. I don't know if I could get attached to a club other than the one that brought me through, and Nice have dropped him. I think it's respectable to be a journeyman.

Blimey, the season is ready to start

I need a few signings to calm my poor heart

With half quarantined, and the rest that we’ve sold

Looks like Thursdays and Sundays, with half the same old

C’mon Rudders, c’mon Lee

Didja think we’d be wanking, over Men-dee?

On that bus to the Hawthorns, we’d better see

Somebody else besides the U-23s

46th morning, on the trot

To the transfer forum, thank god something’s hot

It’s the Brentford kid, who ain’t shaving yet

and it’s 46 posts about chocolate

C’mon Rudders, c’mon Lee

There’s holes in this side that a blind man can see

So get on the stick, and buy some-bo-dee

who won’t go straight into the U-23s

What happened to juicing our right side attack?

What happened to Trincao and the pasta left back?

Those guys must truly be stars on the loose

cuz they’re as close to our side, as Betelgeuse

C’mon Rudders, c’mon Lee

Deliver me someone whose name starts with “T”

Those sweet nights in Europe won’t be sweet to me

If it’s Bruges taking on Leicester’s U-23s

sorry ... desperate times 'n all ...