Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ferran Torres really jumps out from that list. Definately someone we should be looking at in a position that we undoubtedly need improvement. 

Pretty sure we’ve been linked before? That Ashley guy said it on here 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if the club idly sat back and let him and Congerton rip up the model that has got us to where we are. There's no doubt that Rodgers is very good at working with a squad of talented young players and that's what he inherited. Rudkin for all the shit I've slung his way over the years, has bought in to the plan of buying young talented players and I just can't see him and the execs and board agreeing to change that tact when it's already got us to the cusp on the top 4 again.

It's a tough one tbh, Rodgers is hell bent on complete control at a football club so if he doesn't get his way in that regard he may well throw his toys out the pram similar to what happened at us the summer before he left.  He had a point that summer tbh because the club made a mess of his number 1 targets in McGinn, Piccini and Schar however the way Rodgers went about the aftermath and all the China stuff was not good and doesn't paint him in a good light.  There's a danger Rodgers at times believes his own hype and considers himself bigger than the club.  That's not with any bitterness it's just an honest assessment of how he behaved that summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

How can you as a scout be so bad at your job and end up at top level football clubs time after time! We could be put in trouble by congerton! Fans could do a better job free of charge. Demirel/Bailey job done

Because Rodgers is his meal ticket these days.  Only places he's been since the disaster that was Sunderland is Celtic and Leicester and each time it was hanging onto Rodgers coat tails.

People are being pretty dense regarding Lee Congerton, they hate him but love Rodgers which is a bit of a contradiction. Because Congerton is 100% Rodgers man and is basically in post to give Brendon complete control of transfers. Do people think Congerton is some maverick in a dark room somewhere trying to sign rubbish players for big money? 

Congerton wouldn't be able to order a cup of coffee without Rodgers agreeing it.

31 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Pretty sure we’ve been linked before? That Ashley guy said it on here 

Well, I think we were linked with him before Ashley got information about "a guy from Valencia" and we all made an assumption. It obviously didn't work out for whatever reason but yes, you're right, there was some sort of link before. 

I seem to remember plenty of Congerton slanging before we’d even kicked a ball when Rogers joined by Leicester fans who didn’t even know who he was. Then they zipped it pretty sharpish throughout the season. 

Lets not go back to slanging a guy who’s been part of a very strong and well-oiled club. 

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not going to pretend I’ve ever seen him play but Pervis Estupiñán looks very solid (if not a bit underwhelming going forwards) as potential Chilwell replacement. 22 year old Ecuadorean LB at Osasuna.

http://organizedchaos.herokuapp.com/stats/298694

A first name that's combination of 'pervert' and 'penis'? A last name that looks like and advert for a hairdresser's? It's a maybe from me.

Anyway...

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not going to pretend I’ve ever seen him play but Pervis Estupiñán looks very solid (if not a bit underwhelming going forwards) as potential Chilwell replacement. 22 year old Ecuadorean LB at Osasuna.

Would prefer someone really good defensively and a bit meh offensively if we couldn't get a fullback that could do both at at least a 7/10 level, if that makes any sense. If we had to sign a primarily attacking fullback I'd want better centrebacks so we can potentially go three at the back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Interesting crossing technique at 1:20 and 1:38. Reminds me of someone but I can't think who...

He's a Watford player, right? His recent transfer history looks like some kind of bank scam https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pervis-estupinan/profil/spieler/349599, but I admire the specificity of his market value.

17 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Interesting crossing technique at 1:20 and 1:38. Reminds me of someone but I can't think who...

He's a Watford player, right? His recent transfer history looks like some kind of bank scam https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pervis-estupinan/profil/spieler/349599, but I admire the specificity of his market value.

Tbh I was just looking at La Liga leftbacks on WhoScored and then looking at their radars on that site I linked. I’d never heard of him until today 

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I seem to remember plenty of Congerton slanging before we’d even kicked a ball when Rogers joined by Leicester fans who didn’t even know who he was. Then they zipped it pretty sharpish throughout the season. 

Lets not go back to slanging a guy who’s been part of a very strong and well-oiled club. 

...he hasn't had too much impact on the squad with perhaps Perez the only one you could consider as his player. The fact that Perez is so divisive on this forum explains a great deal as to the quality of Congertons'  acquisitions.

24 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Tbh I was just looking at La Liga leftbacks on WhoScored and then looking at their radars on that site I linked. I’d never heard of him until today 

Ah, right! Well it's a name you could forget, but not a name you could forget you've forgotten.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he hasn't had too much impact on the squad with perhaps Perez the only one you could consider as his player. The fact that Perez is so divisive on this forum explains a great deal as to the quality of Congertons'  acquisitions.

Bleedin hell talk about clutching at straws. 

• Like 2

Watched the two sporting games since the resumption and impressed with their young cb Eduardo quaresma, his first two professional games but very composed, quick and good on the ball. If we cant shift slimani or Silva, I'm sure sporting wouldn't mind having one of them back and could be an option to swap if we need to offload the wages. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Jesus PSG are risking it all - releasing two massive youth prospects; a very decent right back, top striker and outstanding centreback, sign them all! 😂

French international LB in Kurzawa too...

• Like 2

On 12/06/2020 at 09:30, Ric Flair said:

It will be fascinating to see how this plays out, I am a huge fan of what Rodgers does with the coaching and managing side of things but if we bend over and let him start bringing in older domestic based players, some of whom have even been a failure at the recent clubs and pay inflated prices that you often have to from recruiting from England then it's likely to turn very nasty. We as a club have made mistakes after quick success, which is understandable but we've seemingly learnt and improved which is largely down to the owners, the directors and execs and none more so than Jon Rudkin. However inexperienced he might have been for the DOF role when he got it, there has been a plan put in place post the disaster of 2016/17 where the model in which we operate as a club is to buy highly progressive young players with the odd experienced bargain and grow the team. It's working, we have once again developed in to the best of the rest and potentially better in the short term than some of the elite clubs. This has been done by adding the final touches to the operation which is to bring in an exceptional coach to blend it all together. But that is what he is, someone with the ability to get talented players to buy in to his methods and improve them both young and old which is very impressive. He should just let the current set up we have continue, have an input in targets but if they deviate too much from what's got us to the squad we have right now then i'm afraid he has to accept the powers above and believe in the process, like he expects the players he has control over to do the same for him.

Yeah spot on, completely agree, that is the perfect recipe for success imo, a clever and strong recruitment structure that has already proven to work and a top coach to then develop the players identified.  Nothing is broken so why fix it, problem is despite how great a coach he is Rodgers has an ego that may get in the way in terms of transfers and getting his own way.  I do think he'll be shackled more at Leicester though, a large part of the problem in Scotland was he was obviously a massive fish in a small pond and he knew this and as such threw his toys out of the pram whenever he didn't get his own way.  I don't think he'll be this to the saem extent at Leicester as if he does the same and things turn sour and he walks out or gets sacked other decent clubs in the EPL may think twice about hiring him.  All that aside recruitment and coaching co-existing as two separate entities is the way forward now, this is the way all the top clubs are working now.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

PSG are like Man City, their reputation as being a coont for bringing youth through means a lot of their youngsters will mug them off surprisingly. We should be all over them pair.

Yeah that's exactly how we ended up getting Frimpong last summer. Well that and this long standing relationship we have with them.  He was intent on leaving after they signed Cancelo and City convinced him if he left we'd be the be the best place for him to go.  Word is they have a 30% sell on for him.  He continues where he left off last season and he won't be in Scotland for long.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1