Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Sane, give the tinker what he wants! 

Now that would be interesting...

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The man has a bad tattoo of himself splayed across his back. He has a couple screws loose

Oh no.

39fdba742bc96c3b9831335d101c68c6.jpg

Hard pass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Change our club to Bayern Munich? If it was about money he’d stay at Man City!

...I suspect you are saying he is off to Bayern!!

He is probably fed up of Pep, after watching them on Netflix I would be looking for a way out as well. His team talks does my head in and you can see some of the players trying to seem interested, as you know they were struggling to listen to the repetitive nonsense he was coming out with.

Would look at the following shortlists for inspiration:

Right wingers

Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina 

Pedrinho from Corinthians

Calvin Stengs from AZ

Strikers

Jose Juan Macias from CD Guadalajara

Sebastien Esposito from Inter Milan (longer term)

Karim Adayemi from RB Salzburg (longer term)

Left Backs (Assuming Chilwell off)

Alex Telles from Porto

Luca Pellegrini from Juve

Aaron Hickey from Hearts (longer term)

Centre Backs

Merih Demiral from Juve

Maxi Wober from RB Salzburg

Ben White from Brighton

Goalkeepers

Dominik Livakovic from Dinamo Zagreb

Alex Onana from Ajax

Bartlomiej Dragowski from Fiorentina

Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta

What do I know though 😃

41 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Another longer term player who I think would be a good addition for our under 23s is Kwame Poku at Colchester. Only 18 years of age and has taken to League Two football well this season, with a good performance as well the other night in the play off first leg vs Exeter to add. 

...really do not want him anywhere near our U23's!!!

Right wing, central midfield, play maker, great balance, his defensive contributions were surprising as he looks like he can't go with the attacker then sticks a foot in and wins the ball. Great lay offs with that left foot, just needs to be a bit more productive with the final ball but with good movement from a more intelligent strikeforce and he will be able to pick a players run.

It seems like their are a great deal of talent going through the leagues and the quality has picked up considerably.

32 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

It's like that Steve-O bloke off Jackass. But somehow worse.

On topic - no way Sane comes here. He wants Bayern and they know it. However, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Cantwell now that Norwich are doomed. 

I think Cantwell is so over rated. Buendia and Pukki should be targets for us. 

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry if I’m being stupid, but I have to ask, are you saying you don’t want us to sign him? Or that he could be a young prospect for our first team?

By the way I agree with you’re analysis of him.

...definitely want to sign him, just do not want him anywhere near the U23's. We are too slow to give players a chance to show and improve their skill set. Until we sort out the process regarding bringing people through.the academy, we don't want another one lost in the system.

If we had to sell Chilwell, the dream fantasy window would be something like

Out: £100 million

Chilwell £80 million

Gray £8 million

Slimani £7 million

Silva £5 million

Mendy

In: £130 million

White £35 million

Edouard £30 million

Telles £25 million

Sarr £25 million

Eze £15 million

Vardy Iheanacho Edouard 

Sarr Barnes Perez Eze Albrighton

Maddison Tielemans Praet

Ndidi Hamza

Telles Fuchs Ricardo Justin

Soyuncu Evans White Benkovic Morgan

Schmeichel Ward

Ideally we would loan out Benkovic and Hamza, although we would probably need them. White has played as a DM before for Leeds so he could potentially fill in there, or we could just move to 3 at the back to make up for Ndidi's absence. Eze, Perez, Maddison, Fuchs, White and Justin are all very versatile players which would help our squad a lot.

Of course it's incredibly unrealistic though and not worth the time I spent typing it out lol. Hopefully I'll be able to flush my mind of transfer brain with tonight's game.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Norwich fan:

"I hope all the big club fans were watching Buendia today, that’s him in a nutshell. Just because he does well on stats doesn’t mean he’s any good.

I’d rather have Lingard atm and I’m not exaggerating."

To be honest, alot of folk have mentioned him but I honestly can't remember seeing him play even though I've watched the odd Norwich game so I really can't add anything constructive on him.

What I will say though, that comment was made fresh off the back of a loss, imagine other fans took player references from our matchday threads after a loss?! Football fans are very emotional creatures, I wonder if this fella would be as harsh today as he was yesterday....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NasPb said:

Have a feeling we're getting gnagnon from sevilla on loan at rennes. Know a reliable itk saying we got a bid accepted.. Sevilla itk

Failed at Sevilla & was loaned back to Rennes. Sounds like Sevilla trying to get rid of their deadweight? :dunno:

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Norwich fan:

"I hope all the big club fans were watching Buendia today, that’s him in a nutshell. Just because he does well on stats doesn’t mean he’s any good.

I’d rather have Lingard atm and I’m not exaggerating."

The whole Norwich side + subs were very poor. No thanks to any off them.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we had to sell Chilwell, the dream fantasy window would be something like

Out: £100 million

Chilwell £80 million

Gray £8 million

Slimani £7 million

Silva £5 million

Mendy

In: £130 million

White £35 million

Edouard £30 million

Telles £25 million

Sarr £25 million

Eze £15 million

Vardy Iheanacho Edouard 

Sarr Barnes Perez Eze Albrighton

Maddison Tielemans Praet

Ndidi Hamza

Telles Fuchs Ricardo Justin

Soyuncu Evans White Benkovic Morgan

Schmeichel Ward

Ideally we would loan out Benkovic and Hamza, although we would probably need them. White has played as a DM before for Leeds so he could potentially fill in there, or we could just move to 3 at the back to make up for Ndidi's absence. Eze, Perez, Maddison, Fuchs, White and Justin are all very versatile players which would help our squad a lot.

Of course it's incredibly unrealistic though and not worth the time I spent typing it out lol. Hopefully I'll be able to flush my mind of transfer brain with tonight's game.

These prices are definitely a fantasy :ph34r:

Seriously though, if we were to sell Chilwell and bring in Telles for anything around half the price then we've played a blinder again. I would be happy to stick with Ben but Telles is streets ahead, especially for our style of play.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

These prices are definitely a fantasy :ph34r:

Seriously though, if we were to sell Chilwell and bring in Telles for anything around half the price then we've played a blinder again. I would be happy to stick with Ben but Telles is streets ahead, especially for our style of play.

Telles has 1 year on his contract and is refusing to sign a new deal, he will go for less than £30m especially as he's mid to late twenties. We got Ricardo from them for £20m up front and he was only about 23.