Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

PSG are like Man City, their reputation as being a coont for bringing youth through means a lot of their youngsters will mug them off surprisingly. We should be all over them pair.

Aouchiche looking for a 100k deal... We aren't big enough to grab these guys yet. Plus I doubt we will entice teenagers to be trained by Beaglehole. Lot of things need to change before we get to that level.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Aouchiche looking for a 100k deal... We aren't big enough to grab these guys yet. Plus I doubt we will entice teenagers to be trained by Beaglehole. Lot of things need to change before we get to that level.

If he wants 100 bags a week he's not going to be whacked back in a clubs academy, could you imagine it? 😂 

A great leveller that is, a year with Steve Beaglehole

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If he wants 100 bags a week he's not going to be whacked back in a clubs academy, could you imagine it? 😂 

A great leveller that is, a year with Steve Beaglehole

True, but he is 17. And I could easily see him picking up a role like Hudson-Odoi has, half in and half out of the first team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Dominik Szoboszlai has been brilliant for Salzburg since the resumption and think we have been tenaciously linked with him previously. Could play all the 4 positions behind vards and looks to be a brilliant talent. 

You can make a case for wanting any of their attacking players; their scouting model is crazy! Daka (along with szoboszlai) for example since haaland and minamino left has really taken well to becoming the new focal point for the team, Adeyemi since returning from salzburg’s feeder team has shown so much potential; he’s gonna have a similar impact to haaland in my eyes!

Not sure how they do it but they sign a lot of players from African nations, wonder how many scouts they have.

17 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Dominik Szoboszlai has been brilliant for Salzburg since the resumption and think we have been tenaciously linked with him previously. Could play all the 4 positions behind vards and looks to be a brilliant talent. 

Looks the absolute spit of Barnes in playing style and a right footed left winger. Very good prospect though from the bits I've seen of him. Salzburg are like Frankfurt of the year before, so many good young players they've put together. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

You can make a case for wanting any of their attacking players; their scouting model is crazy! Daka (along with szoboszlai) for example since haaland and minamino left has really taken well to becoming the new focal point for the team, Adeyemi since returning from salzburg’s feeder team has shown so much potential; he’s gonna have a similar impact to haaland in my eyes!

Not sure how they do it but they sign a lot of players from African nations, wonder how many scouts they have.

Yeah they have an unreal team. Their scouting is unbelievable. Hopefully over the next few years we can use and help leuven in a similar way 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looks the absolute spit of Barnes in playing style and a right footed left winger. Very good prospect though from the bits I've seen of him. Salzburg are like Frankfurt of the year before, so many good young players they've put together. 

Yeah that would be the only issue, the fact that he is similar to Barnes. I agree with other posts that right winger is the priority but think he would fit in brilliantly in the way that rodgers wants us to progress. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah they have an unreal team. Their scouting is unbelievable. Hopefully over the next few years we can use and help leuven in a similar way 

Definitely think with Leuven that’s the goal! Get them in the Belgian first division is probably the first step 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We could probably grab Eze for cheap in this market, would be a great squad player as he can play as a winger, 8 and AM, and he has a lot of potential.

Yes, plus, if we lose a Chilwell, or a Maddison, i'd quite like us to keep a decent quota of young English talent (Home grown quota, English player premium on re-sale, show that we value young home grown talent etc).

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

There's some English influence in their scouting department. Their Chief Scout is a former Manchester City and Everton data analyst... so for many that would be seen as a massive promotion, but RBL place so much emphasis on data that he was the perfect fit. Also hired a former Brighton data analyst.

Quite surprised they've never come after any of our guys to be honest.

Great model though, similar to Brentford, data heavy, have two or three replacements in mind for every player, therefore everyone has a for sale price and is 'replaceable'

• Like 2

Obvs depends what happens with the remainder of the season but I’d go with the below.

IN:

CB - Malang Sarr on a free. £0

(Alternatively would take Demiral or Aké if he can be got for a decent price eg. If Bournemouth go down. £20-30mil.)

LB - Bertrand (as back up if Fuchs leaves) £5-7 mil

CM - Lallana £0

RW - Neres, or Bailey £30-40mil. 

Out: 

Slimani/ Amartey/ Silva/ Gray for c. £25mil

Net Spend: approx. £40mil. 

With Fuchs and Mendy possibly to leave at end of contracts. 

And loan out the likes of Benkovic, Knight, KDH, Luke Thomas etc to Championship clubs. 

Mix of relatively cheap experience and youth. Thoughts? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Obvs depends what happens with the remainder of the season but I’d go with the below.

IN:

(Alternatively would take Demiral or Aké if he can be got for a decent price eg. If Bournemouth go down. £20-30mil.)

CM - Lallana £0

Out: 

And loan out the likes of Benkovic, Knight, KDH, Luke Thomas etc to Championship clubs. 

Yes I'd snap your hand off for all that

10 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

IN:

CM - Lallana £0

Out: 

That would be ideal, especially at those rather pleasing prices!