Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know about who but my targets would be:

A right winger - has to be a priority, a marquee signing for me. would take us to another level. I like Perez, and he adds something to the squad but we need something creative from the right to work well with Maddison, and different to the directness of Barnes on other side.

Centre back - Good competition for Evans/Soyuncu, I don't think we can rely on Benkovic and as much as I love Morgan and he never really lets us down, he shouldn't be third choice next season.

Centre Mid - Again, more of a squad improvement assuming Mendy and James are leaving or don't feature. Unsure on type, need cover for Ndidi as Choudhury/Praet have struggled with deep lying role at times but then we also need cover from an attacking point of view of Maddison/Tielemans.

Striker - Still think we're light of options up front but difficult to see who we could attract to play a last resort type role. Maybe Hirst can be that man, but would be better out on loan. I'd be looking for someone coming towards the end of his career but can still do a job.

We don't need a lot, assuming we don't sell anyone. But we wstill have people taking up funds and squad places that need to be moved on to make room.

Basically this. 

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I want Vestergaard, Hojberg and Lallana whilst selling Chilwell this summer....

said nobody, ever

Maybe we're after someone related to Southampton and all these reports are guesses based on that.

57499234f31c87b127000001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..just watched Havertz on you tube showing his passing skills!

For a player with the ability to finish as well as he does he posses a great team ethics and his assists stats(due to poor finishing) should be off the charts. Demarai Gray should be locked in a room for a week and watch this over and over to teach him how by just releasing a ball to another player is so much more beneficial that taking on half a dozen players and running it out of play or having the ball taken off him and standing there waving his hands screaming "wheres the support".

I had little knowledge of Havertz but he has got to be the number one player in the world at the moment. He is always looking to play someone in, and he does it instinctively, sliding players in down the side whipped crosses such a great awareness of the options available, selfless.

My feeling is he will be priceless as at the end of next season, Barca or Real will have to be selling stellar players in order to afford to sign him. Priceless!!!!

14 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

One I'd really look seriously at this summer is Leon Bailey, a year or so ago he may have been out of reach but his little downturn in form could work to clubs like Leicester's advantage and make him attainable.  He has all the right attributes to be sensational and Rodgers could well be one of the best managers to develop him.

Agreed. Only issue for me is if he is earmarked to play right wing. The majority of his career at Leverkusen he has played left wing and thats Barnes position. He did have a decent spell at Genk as in inverted right winger though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. Only issue for me is if he is earmarked to play right wing. The majority of his career at Leverkusen he has played left wing and thats Barnes position. He did have a decent spell at Genk as in inverted right winger though.

...he can play both sides!!

Barnes has rightfully made the left hand side his own and the position is for him to lose. Bailey on the right in an inverted role would definitely add more firepower to our attack. Cengiz Under would also meet that criteria but I feel Rodgers is not looking to go down that route and Perez will command the position on the right.

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Just seen some stupid link that we're in for Bertrand at Saints. 

Where has all this come from? Are they trying to shift a load of players due to coronavirus? 

Dunno. But we’ve been linked with begin Before. I’d rather go for PVA if we were after a premier league full back. 

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Dunno. But we’ve been linked with begin Before. I’d rather go for PVA if we were after a premier league full back. 

I'd rather we go nowhere near either of them. We should continue with our model of signing younger players and certainly not pay the over inflated PL transfer fees required.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather we go nowhere near either of them. We should continue with our model of signing younger players and certainly not pay the over inflated PL transfer fees required.

considering both are 30, there's pretty much no resale value so I assume they're looking at a Fuchs replacement who knows the league. I'm not against that, in principle, but you'll have to work hard to convince me it's worth it. 

Imagine if we end up with Vestergaard, Bertrand and Lallana lol 

That’s the problem with Rodgers, despite being a fantastic manager, he always fvcks things up by making terrible signings.

28 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

How can you as a scout be so bad at your job and end up at top level football clubs time after time! We could be put in trouble by congerton! Fans could do a better job free of charge. Demirel/Bailey job done

Just a gentle reminder that these are tenuous links and we haven’t actually signed any of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

How can you as a scout be so bad at your job and end up at top level football clubs time after time! We could be put in trouble by congerton! Fans could do a better job free of charge. Demirel/Bailey job done

Let's at least wait until any of these scrubbers sign for us, the media in recent years have found it increasingly harder to get transfer information on us and are regularly way off the mark.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We should defo be eyeing up a few of them, nearly 3 pages of very good players there

Definately. Even for this transfer window. 1 year left means reduced fee.