Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I would love Nico Elvedi here, he’s been brilliant when watching BMG since lockdown. Seems to be a very similar player to Evans, and his contract is up next summer. Thoughts?

Great shout! He has been really impressive in the games I have seen him and last year of his contract is interesting. They will definitely need to sell if they do not make CL. Watched the freiburg game and Lienhart stood out too. Some very good young players in bundesliga. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I would love Nico Elvedi here, he’s been brilliant when watching BMG since lockdown. Seems to be a very similar player to Evans, and his contract is up next summer. Thoughts?

They have some very tidy players, really like Neuhaus in the middle of the park also.

Although getting on a bit now Stindl is a fantastic player also, seen him put on a masterclass at Celtic Park against us under Rodgers.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Ryan Fraser's just rejected a short term contract extension at Bournemouth. So is free to leave at the end of this month!

Any takers? 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Ryan Fraser's just rejected a short term contract extension at Bournemouth. So is free to leave at the end of this month!

Any takers? 

As back up to Barnes, yes. Still want a left footed right winger brought in as our top priority this window and move Gray and Ghezzal on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Any takers? 

I really thought he would improve the squad and would take him if gray went to alternate with barnes. Him abandoning his team and openly admitting to not trying earlier in the season makes you question his character though. Would we want a person like that in our squad? 

9 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I really thought he would improve the squad and would take him if gray went to alternate with barnes. Him abandoning his team and openly admitting to not trying earlier in the season makes you question his character though. Would we want a person like that in our squad? 

As a Bournemouth fan i'd be furious, but I half understand not wanting to sign a short term extension. He's leaving on a free anyway, and any serious injury leaves him in a difficult spot.

The admission of not trying is more concerning about his character. 

I might still take a punt on a free, for non exorbitant wages <70k and if he were happy to start off the bench,  and especially if we sold Gray. I imagine he'll get some more tempting offers than that, however.

Edited by martyn

45 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Any takers? 

Yes, and definitely on a free.

I think Fraser would be great. Gives us 2 quality left wingers going into a European season (hopefully!). He couldn't be guaranteed a starting place though and his wages as a free transfer might rule us out anyway. A big 6 club will offer him more and with similar playing time.

41 minutes ago, sdb said:

I think Fraser would be great. Gives us 2 quality left wingers going into a European season (hopefully!). He couldn't be guaranteed a starting place though and his wages as a free transfer might rule us out anyway. A big 6 club will offer him more and with similar playing time.

I can't see any of them touching him after what's happened this season. Liverpool were credited with an interest in the winter but I doubt they'll go for him, even on a free. They've a few younger players coming through who they're more likely to have as a back up player in Jones and Elliott.

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Any takers? 

Not a chance, poor form to be turning down a contract to see out a season (which is what I understand he was offered) and being one of their best players, has stuck 2 fingers up to Bournemouth and his team mates. 

I think his decision to do that will have damaged his reputation quite at bit.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Not a chance, poor form to be turning down a contract to see out a season (which is what I understand he was offered) and being one of their best players, has stuck 2 fingers up to Bournemouth and his team mates. 

To be fair, it might unite the rest of the squad. Get rid of the bad apple and all that.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be fair, it might unite the rest of the squad. Get rid of the bad apple and all that.

Yeah in fairness it maybe good for Bournemouth, doesn't show Fraser in good light at all though. Bournemouth pretty much made Fraser, and in their time of need he decides to stick it.

Wouldn't be touching someone like that at all!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't see any of them touching him after what's happened this season. Liverpool were credited with an interest in the winter but I doubt they'll go for him, even on a free. They've a few younger players coming through who they're more likely to have as a back up player in Jones and Elliott.

Perhaps but they went for Shaquiri who downed tools at Stoke. Not sure Mourinho values integrity that much and Arsenal's transfer policy is unpredictable. I'm not sure he's exactly an elite player, but a rare free in a market desperate for value for money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Yeah in fairness it maybe good for Bournemouth, doesn't show Fraser in good light at all though. Bournemouth pretty much made Fraser, and in their time of need he decides to stick it.

He screams West Ham for me.

Or a squad player for Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, us etc! 

Maybe I underrate him, I don’t know.

Promi

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

..you never know what has transpired!!

Promises made, impending transfer cancelled, just take a look at Mahrez and his actions, and most people on FT would take him back in a heartbeat.

What Fraser has done isn't too different to Evan's essentially downing tools on his last season at WBA and I don't see to many fellow fans looking at him disaprovingly. 

Football fans are so fickle. Quite a few people here turning up their nose at a player for rejecting a contract extension and yet, I'm sure many of them cheered Danny Simpson who beat the sh!t out his mrs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I think it's understandable. He signs a short term contract to the end of the season and busts his leg bad next match and declared out for a year, you reckon Bournemouth would give him a x years contract to sign at the end of this one? Doubt it. He's looking after himself. No shame in that in these crazy days. 

Problem with Fraser for me is he's actually a bit shit. 

Done nothing of note this season and last season got lot of assists off the back of Callum Wilson goals. They struck up a good partnership but that seems to have fizzled out too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What Fraser has done isn't too different to Evan's essentially downing tools on his last season at WBA and I don't see to many fellow fans looking at him disaprovingly. 

Football fans are so fickle. Quite a few people here turning up their nose at a player for rejecting a contract extension and yet, I'm sure many of them cheered Danny Simpson who beat the sh!t out his mrs. 

...where's this going!!!!

You need to drop this constant refrain, its really getting boring....what ever transpired domestically is a matter for Danny Simpson who will have to live with it, but without this incessant rehash of an event he has moved on from. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...where's this going!!!!

You need to drop this constant refrain, its really getting boring....what ever transpired domestically is a matter for Danny Simpson who will have to live with it, but without this incessant rehash of an event he has moved on from. 

He's drawing an ,albeit weird, comparison of how football fans are weird/fickle in their support for a player and how they can go from hero to villain in a flash.