Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I think the exact first team we have now but with the addition of someone of Mahrez’s calibre would be comfortably top four, especially with another year of experience for our young players. But it’s our squad that’s lacking.  If we went into next season with the same team plus a proper worldie wide right I’d be fairly happy with signing young promising players for the rest of the squad. X

My exact thoughts. This has been true for the last couple of transfer windows now. 

RW is the only position we need a first team player in. The squad though needs some work and I have to say, resigning the likes of Morgan and Fuchs worries me a little as it's not going to IMPROVE the squad. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't begrudge them contracts for their service to the club but these are two of the positions we need to upgrade our back up.

• Like 1

Feel like we need to freshen things up and sign atleast 2 more attackers.. Either 2 wingers or 1 winger and 1 CF. 

Any of these will do: 

Wingers: Matheus Pereira, Benrahma or Mbeumo. 

Strikers: Daka, Edouard or Watkins 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shane said:

Feel like we need to freshen things up and sign atleast 2 more attackers.. Either 2 wingers or 1 winger and 1 CF. 

Any of these will do: 

Wingers: Matheus Pereira, Benrahma or Mbeumo. 

Strikers: Daka, Edouard or Watkins 

Mathews Pereira and Edouard from those options. I would also like Fraser,(sell Gray) Lallana, Malang Sarr and Kurzawa (if Fuchs doesn't extend his contract) on a free. 

That would improve our starting 11 and MASSIVELY improve our squad. 

I would much rather we looked for free transfers and loans for CB, DCM and ST and spent the rest of our budget on as good a right winger as we can possibly get. I could probably sort this for the club but they won't listen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We need some more players that base their game surrounding their physicality. Someone like Traore. We need some a player who can cause defences issues. At the moment the closest we have to that is probably Ricardo, so we definitely need more attacking players who can do that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That pass at the 45 second mark! 🤩🤩😍😍

..We need to lock Demarai in a room for a week, with this, on constant repeat!!!

It is not enough beating a man or two or three but to spot the player making the run and slotting him in, is the mark of a good player.

Demarais' instinct would be to then try and beat the fourth and fifth player and shoot, as they will be playing it over and over on Match of the Day for the rest of the season.

Why has the coaches allowed him to get away with this incredible lack of football intelligence?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We need to lock Demarai in a room for a week, with this, on constant repeat!!!

It is not enough beating a man or two or three but to spot the player making the run and slotting him in, is the mark of a good player.

Demarais' instinct would be to then try and beat the fourth and fifth player and shoot, as they will be playing it over and over on Match of the Day for the rest of the season.

Why has the coaches allowed him to get away with this incredible lack of football intelligence?

Can lock him in a room all you want but it comes down to simply some players don’t have the footballing brain capacity and you can’t teach that.

Edited by les-tah

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Can lock him in a room all you want but it comes down to simply some players don’t have the footballing brain capacity and you can’t teach that.

..you can simplify the game!!!

He will have to look at the game differently and buy into what he is being coached.

You can see how often Periera lifts his ahead in the last third so he can see options, Gray does not do that, it can be coached and should have been a long, long time ago.

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

43 minutes ago, les-tah said:

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..you can simplify the game!!!

He will have to look at the game differently and buy into what he is being coached.

You can see how often Periera lifts his ahead in the last third so he can see options, Gray does not do that, it can be coached and should have been a long, long time ago.

Agree with all of this. 

Being the footballing equivalent of Sloth from the Goonies means that we either need to cut our losses with Gray and move him on or as Blue Tits ( sorry, that's how I read your name) says, simplify his game. Just tell him, nothing complicated, get the ball, drive to the byline and get it in the box..... Don't look for the pass or try and be fancy just be direct. 

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That pass at the 45 second mark! 🤩🤩😍😍

West Brom only have 2 days to pay the £8.5m agreed fee for him or the deal expires. Has already been extended once by a month but given their form I do wonder if they are struggling to commit. They'd easily double or treble that though should they not go up.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

8.5m is an absolute joke. The parent club must be praying they dont pay it because they could easily get double that or more in an open market after the season he has had. 

Especially for a club notorious for ripping other teams off and moving the goalposts on fees. We have been hoodwinked twice by them, bastards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially for a club notorious for ripping other teams off and moving the goalposts on fees. We have been hoodwinked twice by them, bastards. 

Yup. I wouldn't be keen on doing business with them again but for this lad??..... Imagine the two Pereiras on the right hand side! Fuch being a LB playing against that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yup. I wouldn't be keen on doing business with them again but for this lad??..... Imagine the two Pereiras on the right hand side! Fuch being a LB playing against that. 

He ticks all the boxes, I also think we could do a straight swap with Sporting for Silva and Slimani which would surely be the best outcome for both teams. West Brom will be mad to miss this opportunity though.

• Like 1

Offloading Silva and Slims wages and picking up this guy in a trade would be the absolute dream bit of business but yeah, if I was a WBA fan, I'd be organising a whip round to get this fella in. 

Danny Ings....again.

Said it when it wasn't going to happen for him after his injury at Liverpool. 

Keep him fit and he is bang on for us. Works hard, no ego, scores inside and outside the box.