Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Just a gentle reminder that wingers like Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Bolasie, Grosicki (off top of my head( to name a few have looked quality in the championship over the past few years. The step up from that, to where we are and where we want to be is massive. 

Very true, but how can you tell how they will do before you buy them? 

Obviously there is so much work done in the background regarding their mentality, temperament etc... But I think he looks pretty special and if we don't sign him someone else will. 

I'm sure the recruitment team have a better idea than you or me (hopefully, unless the scouts just sit back with a cigar and read this forum!!) but he's the kind of player to get fans off their seats (anyone remember that, seems so long ago). Better than Kevin or Gray as an option. 

35 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Tbh I’d throw 45 million at Brentford for their front three .. Watkins, Mbuemo and Benhrahma could be here for years. Also think they’d all make the cut. 

Thank god you’re not in charge of our finances.

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Tbh I’d throw 45 million at Brentford for their front three .. Watkins, Mbuemo and Benhrahma could be here for years. Also think they’d all make the cut. 

I'd take all 3 in a heartbeat. Add a CB and we are done for the summer. 

I would imagine we would be looking at £60m+ for the three though....

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Thank god you’re not in charge of our finances.

Young, pacey, tricksy and all for our style and mould as well as the club philosophy. We aren’t gonna be going out there and getting established champions league players for 40 - 50 million. Also this is a who do you want thread lol  I’d like them. Also Brentford’s scouts and director of football would be helpful. That doesn’t mean I want Rudkin our haha. 

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Man City's 2 year ban is upheld... Would you buy Mahrez back for £50 million or so? I would.

50 million 😂 double that and then some and we’d probably only just start discussions with Man City. 

He’s been one of their best players this season, and he wouldn’t come back here anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I just think he's a better all round footballer and at 20 has a lot of room to develop. 

He's certainly a great talent, I'd just be wary as unless we sign a player like Edouard then we can't fully utilise his big skills. 

33 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I really don’t get the Todd Cantwell love in on here.

IF we make the Champs league we should be setting our sights slightly higher.

6 goals and 2 assist in 31 games for the worse team in the league is pretty good, very young and has plenty of time to develop.

We need to take good players, develop them and sale them on, to keep developing as a club, Dortmund style in my view hoover up young talent and give them a platform to shine. It you look at PL finances is the only way we can complete with the big clubs.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's certainly a great talent, I'd just be wary as unless we sign a player like Edouard then we can't fully utilise his big skills. 

Crossing isn't the problem, it the quality of the cross, our is woeful

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And the fact half the time we're aiming at Vardy surrounded by 3 defenders 

You watch Man City they flood the box, we have Vardy in there, normally Perez if he's playing. 

We need the wide man and midfielder to get in there as well.

To me we are playing with the handbrake on, to scared to win due to the fear of losing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

You watch Man City they flood the box, we have Vardy in there, normally Perez if he's playing. 

We need the wide man and midfielder to get in there as well.

To me we are playing with the handbrake on, to scared to win due to the fear of losing. 

Think that sums it up well, we've completely lost our way lately 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Think that sums it up well, we've completely lost our way lately 

I agree, in our winning run we were dynamic, fast on the break and ruthless a blend of possession, high pressing and lighting counter attacks. 

Then Liverpool, Man City games blow away the confidence and swagger we had, coupled with the injuries and loss of form of key players Vardy, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielimans and teams working us out. 

I look at the impact Bruno Fernandes has had at United and can't help but think we missed a trick in the January window not bring in an extra attacking player to give us a boost. 

• Like 3

At the moment we are too ponderous in our build up. Passing the ball around at the back, continually moving the ball back keeps possession but we need to move the ball forward as soon as we can before the opposition has had time to get their shape. I thought we had players who could do that, and they did earlier in the season but just lately I can almost predict what we are going to do with the ball and I could predict the outcome as we come up against a brick wall.  If we are going to buy we need someone who can carry the ball forward, take players out of the equation and provide scoring opportunities for themselves or our forwards. We need someone who creates havoc and mayhem in defences. To be honest I'm not sure who that would be but you don't need to look too far to see players in other teams who can do that.

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Man City's 2 year ban is upheld... Would you buy Mahrez back for £50 million or so? I would.

Would cost double that, if not more. Plus he would never come back here anyway, even if we got CL. I'd obviously have him back in a heartbeat though if it was in any way possible.