Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on Lewis the young left back at Norwich. Has pace and looks like he could develop into a decent player. Scored a great goal against us. We could get him at a decent price if they go down.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We can do much better than these two imo

Who for the same price? We’re not going to buy the finished article. We will be aiming for young players who can improve and potentially be sold on at a profit. 

10 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Who for the same price? We’re not going to buy the finished article. We will be aiming for young players who can improve and potentially be sold on at a profit. 

Think we could get a finished article on loan. We’ve already got our quota of developing players in Barnes, Gray, Maddison etc in those positions. Probably get better on free transfers also.

I think our current malaise can only be solved by either more optionS up-front or a top-class striker of Vardy's calibre who's willing to come here and split time with him next season and beyond. We'll have plenty of games and they will both play in most games but we need a completely different, top quality option up-front that totally changes our dynamic when he's playing and who we can rely on even when Vardy's not playing. I don't know who :whistle:

Edited by Wizerud

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Richard Nartey released by Chelsea is a possible we are considering for the development squad. 

CB, right? Looks like he was out on loan at Burton this season.

Surprised we're getting more youth CBs in - felt we were quite well stocked there for the Dev squad.

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

What about Godfrey? Played well at our place, Young looks mobile good in the air.

He has done well to be fair - good call. Plus he is tall 😁 I am quite impressed by Hernandez too - he has an engine!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Surprised we're getting more youth CBs in - felt we were quite well stocked there for the Dev squad.

We have O'Connor, Johnson and Hughes. Neither Johnson and Hughes are U21 in terms of registration in the PL squad (born in 1998 or earlier) and therefore the club will probably be looking to loan them out or move them on permanently.

Kranthove has been released, Ughelumba has gone to Rangers. Doesn't leave Beaglehole with many options in truth.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would cost double that, if not more. Plus he would never come back here anyway, even if we got CL. I'd obviously have him back in a heartbeat though if it was in any way possible.

..Just goes to show what a good deal Man. City had!!!

Has he improved them, has he become a better player for them or is it just the Man. City name added value.

Not worried about him coming back. There are players with his ability at a much cheaper price out there.

5 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Looks like he had an alright season in a defence which finished 12th (compared to Cov Scum centre back pair)

image.png.08fff076a9003cc81eaca98f117cfa1c.png

If we do sign him I hope we send him out on loan rather than have him just stagnate in our u23s, clearly good enough for League 1 level currently

7 hours ago, Wizerud said:

I think our current malaise can only be solved by either more optionS up-front or a top-class striker of Vardy's calibre who's willing to come here and split time with him next season and beyond. We'll have plenty of games and they will both play in most games but we need a completely different, top quality option up-front that totally changes our dynamic when he's playing and who we can rely on even when Vardy's not playing. I don't know who :whistle:

We've been trying that for a while, it just hasn't worked. And our history of "failure" (Iheanacho hasn't been a failure but he hasn't exactly been a success either) is likely to dissuade any option from coming here. 

I think the exact first team we have now but with the addition of someone of Mahrez’s calibre would be comfortably top four, especially with another year of experience for our young players. But it’s our squad that’s lacking.  If we went into next season with the same team plus a proper worldie wide right I’d be fairly happy with signing young promising players for the rest of the squad. X

• Like 1

If we get CL and big money for Chilwell, and offload Silva, Slimani, Kaputska, Amartey and Gray...

Demirahl

Tagliafico/Tierney 

Benrahma 

Edouard 

and a young, energetic CM 

What a squad we'd have. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hales said:

He has done well to be fair - good call. Plus he is tall 😁 I am quite impressed by Hernandez too - he has an engine!

That Hernandez looked great, I’ve not seen much of him but if that’s his usual standard he’s worth a look!

A lot of talented players at Norwich, if they go down I’d certainly be looking to shop there pre-season 

• Like 1