Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Norwich fan:

"I hope all the big club fans were watching Buendia today, that’s him in a nutshell. Just because he does well on stats doesn’t mean he’s any good.

I’d rather have Lingard atm and I’m not exaggerating."

If the poster was a Leicester fan, they would be a Chilwell hater

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we had to sell Chilwell, the dream fantasy window would be something like

Out: £100 million

Chilwell £80 million

Gray £8 million

Slimani £7 million

Silva £5 million

Mendy

In: £130 million

White £35 million

Edouard £30 million

Telles £25 million

Sarr £25 million

Eze £15 million

Vardy Iheanacho Edouard 

Sarr Barnes Perez Eze Albrighton

Maddison Tielemans Praet

Ndidi Hamza

Telles Fuchs Ricardo Justin

Soyuncu Evans White Benkovic Morgan

Schmeichel Ward

Ideally we would loan out Benkovic and Hamza, although we would probably need them. White has played as a DM before for Leeds so he could potentially fill in there, or we could just move to 3 at the back to make up for Ndidi's absence. Eze, Perez, Maddison, Fuchs, White and Justin are all very versatile players which would help our squad a lot.

Of course it's incredibly unrealistic though and not worth the time I spent typing it out lol. Hopefully I'll be able to flush my mind of transfer brain with tonight's game.

We would get much more for Gray. It seems that we are the only set of fans who totally write him off. My Liverpool mates up here like him as do a few of the Man U ones. Maybe they believe they have the set up to get more out of him??

I reckon if he left a top 10 team fighting for Europe would look to drop 15-20 mill on him.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Telles has 1 year on his contract and is refusing to sign a new deal, he will go for less than £30m especially as he's mid to late twenties. We got Ricardo from them for £20m up front and he was only about 23.

Then we should be actively whoring Chilwell to Chelsea in the hope they take him and leave Telles alone :D

Him or Grimaldo please. 

49 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

We would get much more for Gray. It seems that we are the only set of fans who totally write him off. My Liverpool mates up here like him as do a few of the Man U ones. Maybe they believe they have the set up to get more out of him??

I reckon if he left a top 10 team fighting for Europe would look to drop 15-20 mill on him.

With 1 year on his contract?

5 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

L'equipe reporting that marseille willing to sell thauvin for 20m euros. If he could get back to the form he had before his injury, he would really fit into our side 

Hmmm I dunno, I don’t think he’s cut out athletically for the EPL, I know Newcastle are/were a basket case but he stunk the place out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tfoxt said:

For me if Bournemouth go down David Brooks would be a perfect signing for us. He would fit perfectly as he is a left footed right winger and young British player. The only question mark over him for me is his injury record.

I remember suggesting him when he was still at Sheffield United for when Mahrez left, he has a similar style of play. But we chose Ghezzal instead. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, tfoxt said:

For me if Bournemouth go down David Brooks would be a perfect signing for us. He would fit perfectly as he is a left footed right winger and young British player. The only question mark over him for me is his injury record.

David Brooks is a dream signing for me. 22, British, Left footed, extremely technical, bags of potential, was great last year and potentially quite cheap if Bournemouth go down. He fits the profile of right winger we need more than anyone else around for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Hmmm I dunno, I don’t think he’s cut out athletically for the EPL, I know Newcastle are/were a basket case but he stunk the place out there.

I know what you mean, he is more of a technical winger and we could probably do more with a strong forward like sarr yesterday but dont see us splashing 40m on anyone this summer. Think newcastle was a bit too soon for him but definitely a very good player when fit. 

I know he has played only a 3 games for the first team, but if you watch Derby highlights from yesterday the lad Louis Sibley looked the business.

The composure and shooting ability he showed puts Gray and Barnes to shame.

Only 18 years old , City should go get him and take a chance on him.

Edited by nnickn

Marcus Edwards would be an interesting one, had a good season in Portugal which has involved him also playing in Europe!

plays right wing and is left footed, surely wouldn’t be a ridiculous price either!

edit: apparently his release clause is £13m, worth a gamble in my opinion 

Edited by lcfc sheff

1 hour ago, nnickn said:

I know he has played only a 3 games for the first team, but if you watch Derby highlights from yesterday the lad Louis Sibley looked the business.

The composure and shooting ability he showed puts Gray and Barnes to shame.

Only 18 years old , City should go get him and take a chance on him.

It’s not like an Internet forum to declare someone is better than another player based on 90 minutes, my eyes must be deceiving me.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Joe Lolley having a good season at F****t left footed right winger scoring goals

Also noticed Knockaert having a good season on loan at Fulham, not that he'd be a target

Joe Lolley would be cracking if we were in the EFL and not pushing to be in the most prestigious competition in Europe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

David Brooks is a dream signing for me. 22, British, Left footed, extremely technical, bags of potential, was great last year and potentially quite cheap if Bournemouth go down. He fits the profile of right winger we need more than anyone else around for me.

..looks like a number Ten to me!!!

We have a lot of players who are capable of being interchangeable within the forwards. We need a right winger full stop.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We have a lot of players who are capable of being interchangeable within the forwards. We need a right winger full stop.

No such thing as straight wingers anymore mate, you've either got wingers who make runs into the box (barnes) or wingers who can double as a 10 (mahrez). We need a mahrez type to complement Vardy and Barnes and Brooks fits that profile.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think what we need is a player exactly like Mahrez. Someone who is left footed can play on the right wing and doesn't mind cutting inside/linking up with the forward. We have Pereira who gets forward well and provides the width on the right so someone like Brooks who can play slightly off the touchline at times and link up better with Vardy, like Mahrez did, would be the perfect fit for us. Add to the fact he is young with lots of potential and British, he fits into our transfer strategy and Rodgers strengths as a coach. If Bournemouth go down hopefully we could get him for a reasonable price.

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

The risk there is he has been injuted for a very long time and will he be the same player when he returns.

This is true and the major risk. However, he did look Bournemouth's most dangerous player yesterday, although 90 minutes is obviously too early to judge anything definitively.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s not like an Internet forum to declare someone is better than another player based on 90 minutes, my eyes must be deceiving me.

you got to be first in though with these decisions, otherwise if you are right the player signs for a more glamorous club.

Faith  in the City scouts though, they have not done bad with relatively unknowns the last 5 years.