Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Now Chelsea have Werner is there a chance of Giroud being moved on? Probably not, but definitely one we should have a look at, can hold the ball up well, good in the air, good with his feet and gives us an option B.

Yet another guy who can't score though...

Would rather not buy Castagne, none of Atalanta's players have gone on to better things after being bought, there's a danger that their system and manager gets the most out of them, like Naglesmann got the most out of Hoffenheim for example.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Does anyone ITK have information on the owners and clubs financial position?

I have a nasty feeling the reason we didn't spend in January is 'cos we're not as rich as some on here like to think.

Covid will have hit King Power really hard and that is understandably the owners focus. We can't give away some of our previous signings, so very difficult to refresh squad. 

Brendan and players may well have met their bonus target already for this season (top 6?) and promises of rebuilding cash for next season have evaporated in light of Covid. 

Cash for Chillwell and anything we can get for Slimani will be the budget I guess. No CL will seriously undermine possible financial difficulties, as this may well have been relied on by BR. No wonder Brendan is floundering.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Elvedi isn't going anywhere apparently now they've made CL they aren't selling anyone. Cunha and Koch would be great though, so would Szoboszlai.

Yeah I wasnt sure whether to add elvedi in because of that. Lots of good cbs knocking about. Matviyenko from shakhtar is another that could be available due to being in the last year of his contract. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen any rumours about where Angel Gomes is going? He’s leaving United by the looks of things as he hasn’t signed a contract extension. Highly thought of and only 19, he plays in a position of need so would be surprised if we haven’t at least put feelers out. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Now Chelsea have Werner is there a chance of Giroud being moved on? Probably not, but definitely one we should have a look at, can hold the ball up well, good in the air, good with his feet and gives us an option B.

Won't happen. 

BR openly said in the Q&A at the King Power that he doesn't believe in Target Man/Men. 

Goes against his beliefs however did go on to say should he need someone to hold the ball up or win flick ons he would have put Maguire upfront for the last x amount of minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Won't happen. 

BR openly said in the Q&A at the King Power that he doesn't believe in Target Man/Men. 

Goes against his beliefs however did go on to say should he need someone to hold the ball up or win flick ons he would have put Maguire upfront for the last x amount of minutes. 

Seems ridiculous to me, why not have a big man who can use his feet, would allow us to hold the ball up much better. Pointless trying to play through balls when the opposition is sitting deep.

EDIT: Would rep you Ashley but they've ran out for the day already!

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Just a CB at the same level as Jonny & Cags.

An AM to compete/rotate with Youri, Praet & Madders (and add physicality).

Two wide players, one to be first choice on the right. Don’t care whether left or right footed but must add goals & assists, and not look out of place in a game against a big 6 club.

And a striker, a genuine alternative to Vards but who could conceivably play with him. 

So just five players good enough to play CL football. Not much to ask, is it?

9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Two wide players, one to be first choice on the right. Don’t care whether left or right footed but must add goals & assists, and not look out of place in a game against a big 6 club.

And a striker, a genuine alternative to Vards but who could conceivably play with him. 

Sarr on a free.

Lallana on a free. 

Ryan Fraser as an option on a free. 

Matheus Pereira from Sporting as starting RW. 

Odsonne Edouard as replacement/backup to Vardy. 

Should be comfortably under £50m...

22 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I think this is roughly what they'll look for (five players), but I'd be surprised if they get two wingers given they are highly unlikely to move on two of Gray, Perez and Albrighton.

I would imagine they will look for a cover holding midfield player given Mendy is likely going, instead.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Won't happen. 

Yet we often find ourselves in the latter stages of games lofting aimless balls in to the box for Vardy and/or Iheanacho to try and get on the end of, both of which attacking crosses isn't a particular strength of theirs. Does make you wonder why a manager then allows that to continue without at least giving yourself a better chance of that working by having a tall attacker in there.

36 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think this is roughly what they'll look for (five players), but I'd be surprised if they get two wingers given they are highly unlikely to move on two of Gray, Perez and Albrighton.

I would imagine they will look for a cover holding midfield player given Mendy is likely going, instead.

Although Is talks to Sign extension for Mendy a stop gap to focus on other areas and more funds due to Covid?

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Although Is talks to Sign extension for Mendy a stop gap to focus on other areas and more funds due to Covid?

Could well be the case.

I think it's always useful to look at the balance of a 25 man squad. I've included Knight here because he can be registered in the European squad when others can't:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic. No change here but I can see them not registering Jakupovic for Europe to allow them to name another player.

FB: Ricardo, Justin, Chilwell, Fuchs. No change here. If Chilwell goes we would replace him with a non-club trained player which is one spot less in a European squad.

CB: Evans, Soyuncu, CB, Morgan. Bennett out, a new signing in.

MF: Ndidi, DM/Mendy, Knight, Choudhury, Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, AM. 7 players for three positions, plus a utility player in Knight (who replaces Amartey in that role). James leaves permanently or on loan.

WI: RW, Barnes, Albrighton, Perez. Really can't see either Albrighton or Perez leaving, five wide players would be overkill. Gray will be the one to go.

FW: Vardy, Iheanacho, possible striker. Rodgers has almost always had at least three recognised CFs in his squads up until this season. I'd be surprised if we didn't at least look for one.

That makes a group of 26, although if one of those players we bring in is born in 1999 or later, we can register everyone in the PL, and all but one (Jakupovic) for Europe.

It's obvious to me the character of player we should be looking at in each case:

CB: Younger player, probably no older than 23. Good aerial threat if possible (6ft3+). No more than £20m.

DM: Similar height to Ndidi, perhaps a similar age to Mendy. Composed on the ball. An Iborra/Carvalho type player. No more than £15m.

AM: Someone to add experience to what is quite a young set of midfield options. Lallana fits the bill here - a little more drive than some of our other options. Hopefully a free or cheap transfer.

RW: Someone with pace, power and dribbling ability to take the pressure off Ricardo in this respect. Definitely doesn't need to be in the Mahrez style necessarily. A player in the mould of Traore, Antonio, McNeil. Spend as much as you can here.

CF: Someone a little quicker than Iheanacho, but not necessarily a Vardy type. Edouard?

We're looking at a net spend there of probably £50m and upwards. It relies heavily on getting CL football, and even then I don't know if our COVID finances could realistically deal with that much spending.

7 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Does anyone ITK have information on the owners and clubs financial position?

I have a nasty feeling the reason we didn't spend in January is 'cos we're not as rich as some on here like to think.

Covid will have hit King Power really hard and that is understandably the owners focus. We can't give away some of our previous signings, so very difficult to refresh squad. 

Brendan and players may well have met their bonus target already for this season (top 6?) and promises of rebuilding cash for next season have evaporated in light of Covid. 

Cash for Chillwell and anything we can get for Slimani will be the budget I guess. No CL will seriously undermine possible financial difficulties, as this may well have been relied on by BR. No wonder Brendan is floundering.

I have wondered whether the current wages are the problem.

It was 84 per cent of turnover in 2019 which isn’t a great position to be in in the first place and doesn’t give you much scope for bringing in more bodies and strengthening the bench as many have been calling out for the club to do these past few day.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yet we often find ourselves in the latter stages of games lofting aimless balls in to the box for Vardy and/or Iheanacho to try and get on the end of, both of which attacking crosses isn't a particular strength of theirs. Does make you wonder why a manager then allows that to continue without at least giving yourself a better chance of that working by having a tall attacker in there.

It does baffle me a bit - it's not like we're exactly playing a way that doesn't suit that type of player, just strikes me as saying things without really meaning them, we continue to launch balls into the box anyway so I've no idea why we think we're above it.

• Like 1