Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

23 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

A mate told me that Congerton is keen on Juan King 

I’ve heard good things. Pretty good finisher 

Juan King is the player Tom Hopper wishes he’d been. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

If you're keeping Chilwell you are never going to convince a player of Castagne's level to come here, he isn't going to come to sit on the bench and nor would the club want to buy him when they have five full-backs as it is.

With Europa League Cup games, the inconsistency in form of Chilwell (which hopefully gets better with more experience), and hopefully good domestic cup runs, in addition to possible injuries, there should more than enough games to keep another quality FB busy. If we are going to sign new players, we should be targeting quality and not just warm bodies. If we cannot upgrade in any position, let’s just keep the warm bodies we already have and know.

Meanwhile, I could personally live with Justin and even Thomas as our LB backups. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If a reasonable price, I would much prefer him to McNeil

I am beginning to be convinced that I am the only one often baffled by the adoration Zaha gets on FT.

At his best these days, a selfish and often sulking primadonna, whose ‘effectiveness’ has more than halved once refs were reminded that he is not in a top 6 club and undeserved of being rewarded for his Olympic-worthy dives. Here at City, we need the ball to be quickly moved around and that’s not Zaha’s game. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

With Europa League Cup games, the inconsistency in form of Chilwell (which hopefully gets better with more experience), and hopefully good domestic cup runs, in addition to possible injuries, there should more than enough games to keep another quality FB busy. If we are going to sign new players, we should be targeting quality and not just warm bodies. If we cannot upgrade in any position, let’s just keep the warm bodies we already have and know.

Meanwhile, I could personally live with Justin and even Thomas as our LB backups. 

But the club have given Fuchs a contract, that's a fact. Whether you rate Fuchs, Justin or Thomas is irrelevant because they're all going to be here and be in the squad, unless Thomas gets a loan.

There are at least four more pressing areas to sign a player than a full-back if you're keeping Chilwell.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Tbh, I'd take anyone right now!

lollollol

I know the feeling! I like to think of myself as usually the patient type, but with players beginning to return from today and seemingly no movement on the horizon, I am becoming more than a tad anxious. One can only hope that there are major things happening behind closed doors (:teehee:).

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

But the club have given Fuchs a contract, that's a fact. Whether you rate Fuchs, Justin or Thomas is irrelevant because they're all going to be here and be in the squad, unless Thomas gets a loan.

There are at least four more pressing areas to sign a player than a full-back if you're keeping Chilwell.

I guess you missed the last line/sentence in my post. The point was a general one.

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I alone in thinking that we should keep Demari Gray? Would be a useful player with all the extra games and post lockdown his form was better than 90% of the squads

As an impact sub he offers something different and I would keep. But he would not be a starter, for some reason plays worse when he starts. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I alone in thinking that we should keep Demari Gray? Would be a useful player with all the extra games and post lockdown his form was better than 90% of the squads

Would only move him on if a) he won't sign a new 3-4 year deal or b) we get offered very good money for a player with less than a year in his contract, i.e. £15m + 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

(b) please 

No way we sell him for 15mil with 1 year on his contract and corona, he's worth more than his monetary value this upcoming season as a good depth option for europa, and if he continues his post restart form he could be more than 15mil anyway.

Silva going to Sociedad has got me thinking about Martin Ødegaard again.

Apparently he's finally getting his shot with Real Madrid this coming season, but we all know how quickly that could unravel. They've invested time in him, certainly, but he could be one to watch out for and might be worth a cheeky bid in the winter window if he's not had encouraging start.

• Haha 1

A footballer would be good, but it seems to be proving a tad difficult for some reason!....maybe the club doesn't realise, that they have to actually do something, (like get their hands in their pockets). Other clubs seem to have grasped the idea!!! 🤔😂

Guest An Sionnach
5 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

2e0310e.jpg

I see Carlisle have signed Eleven players , you can have a new team every year in Div. 2.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can I throw a new right winger in to the mix? He's an absolute thunder bastard- Victor Mollejo. We need the nastiness and he's very talented, not sure if Atletico would let him go though.

...obligatory Youtube video...not impressive so far as I can see!!!

Looked very ordinary and workman like...there is much better out there.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can I throw a new right winger in to the mix? He's an absolute thunder bastard- Victor Mollejo. We need the nastiness and he's very talented, not sure if Atletico would let him go though.

When I googled him I thought it returned search results for Pierluigi Collina lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Norwich have just signed skipp and have been very busy in the market - wonder if it means they'll start to ship some out.

They spent pretty much Zero last season though, so a fair amount of cash lying around.

Don't doubt they will sell their better players, but certainly don't think their spending relies on it. 

https://talksport.com/football/747260/leicester-negotiations-ajax-nicolas-tagliafico-chelsea-man-city-ben-chilwell/

If there is any truth in this then that is unbelievable stuff from the club

the lad can seriously play and not just in one position

the romantic in me feels for ajax though the great team ten hag has built is nearly ripped up in completion now, de ligt, de jong, zyliech, vietnam, tagliafico probably van beek

bit sad really.

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They spent pretty much Zero last season though, so a fair amount of cash lying around.

Don't doubt they will sell their better players, but certainly don't think their spending relies on it. 

But this is what everyone forgets....wages are more critical than net spend. A lot of their players are on decent money, they've now brought in 7 players which could equate to an extra 7m on their wage bill for the year, theyre going to need to balance it.