Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

only saying.... but can someone remind me why we are so sure that fofana is the answer.  When Cags arrived he played in the league cup for a year. 

Are we saying Beckovic cannot be pl level?

Soyuncu and Evans are the 1st choice partnership, whoever comes in will likely learn off them and bide their time + play in various cup competitions and league games where necessary. Fofana seems the ideal player for this and if he is as good as he seems to be then he will push these pair very close.

Benkovic hasn't remained fit for longer than a few weeks for his entire time he's been here and not out on loan (where his injuries have also been regular) we cannot rely on him as the 3rd choice can we?

44 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

have no idea where to put this, but pretty sure the owners helicopter has just gone over. i know there debate about if they still use it, but it looks like the one they have, white and blue. direction would have been from the training ground type area. 

Do they still own/use them at all?

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu and Evans are the 1st choice partnership, whoever comes in will likely learn off them and bide their time + play in various cup competitions and league games where necessary. Fofana seems the ideal player for this and if he is as good as he seems to be then he will push these pair very close.

Benkovic hasn't remained fit for longer than a few weeks for his entire time he's been here and not out on loan (where his injuries have also been regular) we cannot rely on him as the 3rd choice can we?

thank you Ric - this has gone on so long I had forgotten why we were chasing him.  GERRIMIN

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Do they still own/use them at all?

no idea, just seen what looks like their chopper going over a few times in the last week, and the one this morning looked similar. it was a very high altitude so is always hard to be sure. given the fact we are trying to bring players in, wouldn't be totally out of the realms of possibility that its being used in some capacity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

thanksyou Ric - this has gone on so long I had forgotten why we were chasing him.  GERRIMIN

It's getting very tedious isn't it? The 1 priority position we need a quality signing in and then see if there's any other opportunity to strengthen elsewhere but if we can't I'll be content with the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

only saying.... but can someone remind me why we are so sure that fofana is the answer.  When Cags arrived he played in the league cup for a year. 

Benko hasn't been healthy enough to see if you can play at PL level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's getting very tedious isn't it? The 1 priority position we need a quality signing in and then see if there's any other opportunity to strengthen elsewhere but if we can't I'll be content with the squad.

is that why its taking so long do you think? it's no secret that we desperately need someone there, so are the selling clubs just milking us, or trying to, and us trying to at least get an acceptable deal from the situation.meaning its just taking longer than we as fans want, and probably the club.

Edited by JJS84

2 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

is that why its taking so long do you think? it's no secret that we desperately need someone there, so are the selling clubs just milking us, or trying to, and us trying to at least get an acceptable deal from the situation.

I think Rodgers alluded to that last week in his press conference, which must be frustrating when you identify the 1-2 main targets for that position. Maybe we have to take a brave/reckless move and increase our target list and hope one of them lands. This was what we had to do with midfield when Cambiasso fcuked off, thankfully we got Kante as well ad Inler as the latter was a disaster after Aranguiz and Veretout proved too difficult to do/mugged us off.

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Give them Amartey, Diabate and Ghezzal + £20m

Private jet with Diabate, Ghezzal, Silva, Slim in one half, and the other full of fifties. Matty James can fly the thing. They can keep the jet too.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Private jet with Diabate, Ghezzal, Silva, Slim in one half, and the other full of fifties. Matty James can fly the thing. They can keep the jet too.

Matty James could fly the plane but you’d have to modify the pilot’s seat ... . Put in a bench !!

Edited by Ely fox

33 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Benko hasn't been healthy enough to see if you can play at PL level.

Yeah, like someone said above, he cant seem to stay fit. 

For me, the thing that stands out with Fofana is his ability in the air. A dominant force in both boxes is exactly what we need. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

You’d think the 1 player Puel would potentially consider in a swap would be Dimi Gray 👀 out of all the managers he’s played under Puel is the only 1 that’s seemingly had faith in him (won’t happen like)

From what I recall Gray was out of the team and then Puel came in and selected him first game. After a bit of a run in the team Puel then put him back on the bench. 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I don't think anyone in here can say that, but it seems the manager isn't loving what he is seeing... he also had him at Celtic and has watched him play competitive football... so he knows more than us! 

I would have thought the cup game against Arsenal will be his chance... maybe his last chance?

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah, like someone said above, he cant seem to stay fit. 

For me, the thing that stands out with Fofana is his ability in the air. A dominant force in both boxes is exactly what we need. 

And as good as Soyuncu and Evans are they're not beasts in the air like Fofana. I think it's good to have a CB with that repertoire in the squad. He can be selected in certain games to deal with a Andy Carrol type striker or when you're 1-0 up away at Burnley in the last 10 minutes and under pressure and bring him on to go to a three at the back and deal with their aerial bombardment. 

It's one of the reasons I want him here so much as his profile is excellent. A beast in the air but 19yo and will probably be prepared to wait his time behind Evans and Soyuncu but will still get 20-30 games this season. A really high ceiling as well as it looks he has the potential to be a worldie. 

• Like 2