Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The player has a right to kick off now.

That's a really good offer considering there is no other interest at that level from elite clubs. He says he wants to go and his club are just refusing to let him regardless of offer. I could have some sympathy if it was a lowball offer but this seems personal now by Puel to piss off both Leicester and Fofana. 

He is on a contract, which he presumably signed voluntarily. So the rights are with ASSE, not with him.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The player has a right to kick off now.

That's a really good offer considering there is no other interest at that level from elite clubs. He says he wants to go and his club are just refusing to let him regardless of offer. I could have some sympathy if it was a lowball offer but this seems personal now by Puel to piss off both Leicester and Fofana. 

Player has no right to complain IMO 

If he wanted to be able to leave in circumstances such as these he should have got his agent to include a get out clause in his contract 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

He is on a contract, which he presumably signed voluntarily. So the rights are with ASSE, not with him.

I agree but having a player who wants to move on to improve his career and salary and your club are refusing to accept such great offers for you is only going to piss everyone off.

I'd imagine if that €32m offer is true it will make him the most expensive teenage defender of all time. It's still St Etienne's choice but they'll have a player who will mentally check out. this is like the Mahrez situation when he didn't kick off when Roma were offering peanuts for his services but when £60m offers come in and are refused he'll do his nut. 

30 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I wonder how the other powerful people behind the scenes at ASSE feel about rejecting €32m. I'd guess they would show a united front, but privately there must be some disagreement. That's a phenomenal amount of money at this present time.

Agree. Read somewhere on their forum a fee of 50m is equal to 33% of their annual running costs.  If they do have loans to repay, then you really do wonder this is Puel being a shade vindictive. 

If correct 32 million Euros is a ridiculous offer for a 19 year old with a years experience at a high level. He may have bags of potential but you are playing for a complete player at that price. Given the terrible pandemic we are still facing with finance a huge issue this is extortionate

Please move on and secure Jonathan Tah or James Tarkowski ideally the latter before we reach a new record number of FT pages for an unsigned player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Agree. Read somewhere on their forum a fee of 50m is equal to 33% of their annual running costs.  If they do have loans to repay, then you really do wonder this is Puel being a shade vindictive. 

That's not right.

Their running cost won't be €150m a year, more like €50m tops. 

Edited by Gerard

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Puel will be following instructions..... if he has publicly rejected the offer then he surely wouldn’t be doing that as a challenge to the owners ??

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't say I know enough about Tah but allegedly he's been so poor, he's not even 3rd choice now and fallen behind Dragovic in the ratings. From what is said also, his pace is now such, that he makes Wes Morgan look like Dancing Brave winning L'arch de Triomphe! Just because Congerton knew him a few years ago, is he really what we need? Rather than waste the money for the sake of it, are we not better to just perm any one from Morgan, Fuchs, Armarty, Benkovic or Knight if really needed rather than lumber ourselves with second best and be stuck for several years with another big wage earner?

Agreed, I rather we work with what we got, or if the opportunity arises in this window buy someone who is better than want we currently have

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

If correct 32 million Euros is a ridiculous offer for a 19 year old with a years experience at a high level. He may have bags of potential but you are playing for a complete player at that price. Given the terrible pandemic we are still facing with finance a huge issue this is extortionate

Please move on and secure Jonathan Tah or James Tarkowski ideally the latter before we reach a new record number of FT pages for an unsigned player

Fofana is better than both of them already at 19. There’s a reason ASSE are playing hard ball they know how good he is and want to sell him for the best price possible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's not right.

Their running cost won't be €150m a year, more like €50 tops. 

Then the poster on their Forum is wrong. May be basing his or her numbers on the original offer of 20 something millions. 

No sympathy for the player in these instances. We can't moan about the attitude of players like Mahrez when they do it to us and then condone when it's a target of ours. Nobody had a gun to his head when he signed his contract. 

If he's unattainable we need to move on to other targets 

• Like 1