Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

8 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

who says they are asking £40 mil?? sky? randoms on twitter? as fans and anyone outside the calls that may be ongoing, there is no idea of any costs being discussed. 

i'll let the club and their highly experienced recruitment team, cheif exec and many others decide what is the best price wise and which target we should be working on right now. 

we have no idea if Tah is even a realistic target, again just something mentioned by the ever well informed media.

the reality is, the only real reason we know we are in for Fofana is because the player himself directly mentioned having agreed a deal in principle with us, which is an extremely rare thing.

Re: price - You're right - it is just hearsay. I should have said "apparently/supposedly/etc."

Well, I think we're all letting the club get on with whatever they're doing, aren't we? It's not interfering to express an opinion on here.

Who said anything about Tah? I just said 2nd choice. Whoever that is.

I don't think the transfer section is to be taken so seriously, really. It's often just baseless gossiping. I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Does anyone have any idea how Kim Min-jai rates in comparison, either in ability or our interest? A fee of 11mill was mentioned in that thread, which is peanuts compared with the prices quoted for Fonfana.

Quick look at comparisons, he has a better pass percentage but doesn't get as many interceptions, tackles or blocks and no where near as good in the air. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Re: price - You're right - it is just hearsay. I should have said "apparently/supposedly/etc."

Well, I think we're all letting the club get on with whatever they're doing, aren't we? It's not interfering to express an opinion on here.

Who said anything about Tah? I just said 2nd choice. Whoever that is.

I don't think the transfer section is to be taken so seriously, really. It's often just baseless gossiping. I wouldn't have it any other way.

fair point, i presumed Tah as second choice as he is the one being talked about most openly as another option. 

and no its not interfering to have your opinion.

and you're right the gossip is fun, but from that there is also the frustration that clearly as fans we see what the team needs in addition and we all want them in as soon as possible to have a (hopefully) positive affect on the team on the pitch.

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Thanks. Guess he's a "no-no" then.

To be honest, most of the stats are fairly close. There isn't a huge differance except for Ariel duals. The south Korean wins 1.9 per game and Fofana wins 4.5 per game.....

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol

I just think it's got out of hand. I expect we thought we could probably get him for a bit over £20m at first, and then kept increasing our bids gradually over the past few weeks. Now the asking price is close to double that.

We mustn't lose sight of what we're paying for what we're getting. If we're spending £40m, we can probably expect to get a ready-made 1st team starter, not a teenager with barely any experience. I wouldn't go much over £25m if it was up to me.

I'm sure Fofana will turn out to be a good player, but I don't want to see us be put over the barrel.

I kind of suspect West Ham aren't really in for him, and it's just a ploy to get more cash out of us. If we walk away now, I wouldn't be shocked if St Etienne came back to us in a week or in January with cap in hand.

I'm sure if we set ourselves a £20m limit, we could find a very good, young 3rd choice CB.

I'd agree for that sort of money he has to improve our starting 11 and be a first team regular, not a squad player who can developed. 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 1

Looks like we may have given up on Fofana and are going for Tarkowski, in John Percys article about the Tarkowski bid:

“Leicester have been in talks with Saint-Etienne over a deal for Wesley Fofana but negotiations have stalled due to the rising cost”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Some of you may be aware we surpassed 3 million posts in this forum yesterday so we thought we should mark the occasion by giving away one of the new Adidas shirts.

and I will throw in a Claude Puel-autographed ASSE COVID mask to mark the one millionth post in this goddamn thread, day after tomorrow.

1327779602_ASSEmask.JPG.c880c03c73826d92df2cee6b1b01307d.JPG

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like we may have given up on Fofana and are going for Tarkowski, in John Percys article about the Tarkowski bid:

“Leicester have been in talks with Saint-Etienne over a deal for Wesley Fofana but negotiations have stalled due to the rising cost”

tenor-4.gif

Edited by foxpleasure

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wonder what Fofana's reaction will be to seeing us going in for Tarkowski. Maybe that was an intention? 

Doesn't sound like he's the type of player to go AWOL based on what a previous coach said about him but he clearly so wants the move to us. 

Hopefully he’ll throw his toys out, and go on strike! (Probably already has tbf)

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmm seems West Ham bid was suspicious. They came in yesterday and now suddenly pulled out just like that Lol

This is a dirty game

West Ham gave Saint Etienne an ultimatum on their bid as they weren't going to go any higher, just means it has been rejected

Just now, moore_94 said:

West Ham gave Saint Etienne an ultimatum on their bid as they weren't going to go any higher, just means it has been rejected

Or it was never there in the first place.

Feel sorry for the lad. Looks like his club have priced him out of a move. It is a shame for us too as if we do not sign him now I doubt we will. Can’t blame St Etienne as we have done the same in the past.